Domain Empire

GoDaddy Bugs

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Recons.Com

Top Member
Impact
First, GD is my favorite registrar so far.

Second, they do have bunch of bugs and the fact that they don't go away for months and years while new ones pop up regularly just baffles me.

Anyway, in this thread I will be posting the issues I am having and hopefully with the help of the magnificent @Joe Styler something starts happening.

So, the fresh one:

For about one week now, in the GD new interface, I select certain sorting of the names (let's say by appraised value) and it shows me first 500 names, then if I click the arrow for the next page, it gives me the rotating circle saying "loading" that won't go away for hours (yes, I have tested, while doing something else).

What worries me is that the new interface will become the only one, while it still lacks most of the functionality of the old one, but that is another thing for now.

gd-loading.JPG

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

I understand that you guys are already tired of all the reports and nothing happening on the IT side of your company, but something has to be done. Just ignoring the accumulating issues is making things get out of hand completely. Just check out the sales report where one person on days informed that simple GD to GD push did not work, so he had to transfer out to Google Domains.

Now my sale is about to get completely cancelled, because buyer sees only "cancel" option, while "accept" option is greyed out. He cancelled after waiting for 3 (!!!) days with the domain hung in "in progress" status. I have reinitiated it again, but have little faith this will go smooth.

I have almost 3000 names with you guys and growing at few hundred a months, but this all makes me to reconsider my options going forward, especially if I get any sales lost because of this.

Show attachment 124237

Sorry to hear that my friend. I had a same issue in the past. I think old interface you much better. Why fix something that is not broken!

•••
Sorry to hear that my friend. I had a same issue in the past. I think old interface you much better. Why fix something that is not broken!

Thank you. The thing is this is buyer's screenshot. I can't really go into tutoring him into old/new. He is already confused enough and is about to cancel the whole thing.

•••
Has the name moved yet? If not please pm me the domain and I will take a look into it.

•••
Has the name moved yet? If not please pm me the domain and I will take a look into it.

Thank you, Joe. On second attempt, it did move. Although, the buyer was on the brink of pulling off and there would be no third one.

GD really needs to do something with all this bugs. Apparently, it doesn't work well with Chrome and its cookies for some reason, as most bugs don't show in incognito mode. For example, I cannot still go to specific listing pages at GD auctions as I see nginx error page, while in incognito or other browser it is fine.

•••
@Joe Styler

I am at the point of giving up already. The old interface is gone and new one is unbearable.

Here are 2 example issues I am facing today:

- old interface could remember the last sorting of names (for example, by expiration date), if I am returning to interface, the new one always resets to alphabetical

- my folders are now messed up. For example, my LLLL.com folder now has over 100 names that are not LLLL.coms (and in last days of the now RIPped old interface, the folder was working fine and was clean). Even the worse, those 100+ names are unremovable. Meaning, it says "success" and blablabla, while still keeping the same names there (((

•••
I am also ready to throw in the towel. The issues I often encounter never get fixed.

Uniregistry and Dynadot seem to be light years better than Godaddy which is real odd when you realize how big GD is with money to only hire the best programmers.

Latest bugs for me are not able to remove or change profiles and unable to change forwarding. plus email alias setup does not work. Calls to support offer no solutions.

Last edited:
•••
@namemarket Even more baffling is that the new interface coexisted with the old for couple of years, was very buggy and they still decided to remove the other one, before fixing this.

Some of my bugs were limited to chrome and I could work around in firefox, today I got white empty screen trying to get into my account in firefox too. I was trying to renew some names :( This is just nuts.

What amazes me is that @Joe Styler was so responsive until recently and now he also just goes silent.

And, yes, I do have a rep there, but I am not looking forward to calling/emailing for every bug daily to get it fixed. I'd rather that GD gets its act together and resolves all this. I don't have time for all calls/emails for trivial matters

•••
Google has sent notice for this thread to be moved to a separate database, there is not enough space to hold the amount of issues Godaddy has with their platform on this website , or the entire internet in general.

Last edited:
•••
@namemarket Even more baffling is that the new interface coexisted with the old for couple of years, was very buggy and they still decided to remove the other one, before fixing this.

Some of my bugs were limited to chrome and I could work around in firefox, today I got white empty screen trying to get into my account in firefox too. I was trying to renew some names :( This is just nuts.

What amazes me is that @Joe Styler was so responsive until recently and now he also just goes silent.

And, yes, I do have a rep there, but I am not looking forward to calling/emailing for every bug daily to get it fixed. I'd rather that GD gets its act together and resolves all this. I don't have time for all calls/emails for trivial matters
Sorry I have been traveling/working a lot and not always able to get to namepros more than one or two times a week lately. If you want a fast answer your rep is the best bet. They have been tracking the new Domain Control Center issues more than I am able to and are more well versed in the status than I am. I have to ask them for updates myself when I read anything on here as they have a couple people in meetings with the developers and are compiling the list of issues customers are facing and working on them with the developers directly.

I believe the folders issue is resolved now as well as some of the other issues people have had, like lack of WHOIS lookups on the exportable lists.

The premier department and aftermarket department worked with the developers to get the new domain control center to parity before the release/forcing to the new system. It was pretty close, but not perfect. At the end of the day we pushed back as much as we could and delayed it by months for the new release. The bottom line is that the old interface while it looked/functioned ok the back end was put together with a lot of different coding languages and was not entirely api based etc so the longer we kept it around the more and more band aids needed to be put on it and the less and less innovation could take place as well as just keeping it functional. The new interface backend is much cleaner and more sleek and allows faster iteration and updates as well as a lot of other advantages. It was years of work to get it all finished to this point and it will continue to change and evolve to be better at meeting the needs of the investors and bulk users. But to be frank there was no way we could keep supporting the old DCC and at some time we needed to rip the band aid off and focus 100% of the development team's time on making the new one work better and better and not on fixing an old code based UI.

They have been releasing updates semi weekly and most of the issues people brought up have been resolved by now. Bulk functionality is much faster and the Premier team is open to suggestions for use cases that you need help with. In fact the development team is in regular meetings with them and releasing updates based on feedback so now is the time to get them to your rep :)

•••
Bulk functionality is much faster
if it works! Bulk does not work with lock/unlock and autorenewal, at least. This is a live report, user experience forced me to post now. It is so time-consuming and frustrating to fail with simple tasks.

There are more points for a wishlist, let me say so. And I post it here hoping to find readers of Godaddy management who have an idea of customer satisfaction for sure.

I believe the folders issue is resolved now ... like lack of WHOIS lookups on the exportable lists.
I unfortunately cannot confirm. There is no choice for Whois searches in exportable lists. There is an exhausting number of Whois registrant data but that´s not what I´ve missed.
There is no choice box for authorization codes, I prefer to have them stored on my PC with nearly 5,000 domains with Godaddy than to ask for them in every single case, often twice to receive the E-Mail. There is no choice to download unzipped lists like before. In Gigabit times I had to download and install Zip software now to open your lists, never used it in the last few years.

Regarding the interface I am missing the Afternic column.

There are some more points but I don´t want to take more of your time today. Thanks for read and act.

•••
You should try downloading the list again and include all columns. You will see the authorization codes included as well as the WHOIS info. I'lll let them know about the listing status column in the export.

•••
You should try downloading the list again and include all columns. You will see the authorization codes included as well as the WHOIS info. I'lll let them know about the listing status column in the export.
The good thing is: I can export lists without checking domains before.
The bad thing: I receive an error message, be it CSV or XML. No download possible.
FireShot Screen Capture #001 - 'Domain Manager' - dcc_godaddy_com.jpg

I use Firefox latest release, here in privacy mode.

•••
Beyond the very basics of saying hello, ordering food, beer, or finding the bathroom my German is pretty much non existent. If you can post what the error message says in English I may be able to get to the bottom of it for you. If not I can ask the developers to look into the error and find out the issue.

•••
@Joe Styler :

In light of all the issues GD currently has, can you please enlighten us -

1) Is it possible to stop using GD management interface completely, by switching to API even for routine daily management tasks like changing DNS for a single domain and the like?

2) If so, is said API working OR it has exactly the same issues as web management interface?

3) What actions are not recommended at the time of this writing (Aug 8th), I mean are known not to be working OK - bulk domain updates, domain pushes, anything else?

The reason of the above questions is very simple - I am afraid of doing anything @ the new interface at this time...

Last edited:
•••
Beyond the very basics of saying hello, ordering food, beer, or finding the bathroom my German is pretty much non existent. If you can post what the error message says in English I may be able to get to the bottom of it for you. If not I can ask the developers to look into the error and find out the issue.
Thanks for the replies Joe!

I have read that there has been some trouble with pushing domains to other accounts. It just so happened I tried to push a domain to a client and it is now stuck.

Any update or information on this issue?

Thanks in advance!

•••
Ordering beer will be ok for the start when you visit Germany.
I imagine the error message is Godaddy standard in any language.
Well, above in the red field Godaddy asks me if I prefer to manage my domains via Api. This makes me even more angry because in this situation the proposal is not very helpful. And my Tech skills may be as good as your German.
In the middle of the screenshot are your choice boxes. Alle Spalten = all columns.
At the bottom is the error message in red letters: There has been an error while working your inquiry. Please try again. If the error continues to happen then call Tel. ...

BTW are you friend with an Apple manager? My iPhone tries to correct every word into German and I am very close to Michael Douglas in Falling Down.

•••
Ordering beer will be ok for the start when you visit Germany.
I imagine the error message is Godaddy standard in any language.
Well, above in the red field Godaddy asks me if I prefer to manage my domains via Api. This makes me even more angry because in this situation the proposal is not very helpful. And my Tech skills may be as good as your German.
In the middle of the screenshot are your choice boxes. Alle Spalten = all columns.
At the bottom is the error message in red letters: There has been an error while working your inquiry. Please try again. If the error continues to happen then call Tel. ...

BTW are you friend with an Apple manager? My iPhone tries to correct every word into German and I am very close to Michael Douglas in Falling Down.
I am not, my phone does the same thing. My Spanish is pretty good and I often speak Spanish to my friends and my iphone will - regardless of the language keyboard I choose at the time continually try to correct my spelling on words that I am spelling correctly.

Can you pm me your customer number or a domain. I would like to try and make this happen and see if I can get the reason behind it.

•••
Thanks for the replies Joe!

I have read that there has been some trouble with pushing domains to other accounts. It just so happened I tried to push a domain to a client and it is now stuck.

Any update or information on this issue?

Thanks in advance!
There shouldn't be any issues with pushing a domain name anymore. A big part of the issue was the two interfaces for managing domains on the back end did not work well together. Now that there is only one the domain pushes should be working. The big thing I see holding them up is the gaining shopper not clicking the email to ok the domain contact change. If you pm me the domain I can have someone take a look at it.

•••
@Joe Styler :

In light of all the issues GD currently has, can you please enlighten us -

1) Is it possible to stop using GD management interface completely, by switching to API even for routine daily management tasks like changing DNS for a single domain and the like?

2) If so, is said API working OR it has exactly the same issues as web management interface?

3) What actions are not recommended at the time of this writing (Aug 8th), I mean are known not to be working OK - bulk domain updates, domain pushes, anything else?

The reason of the above questions is very simple - I am afraid of doing anything @ the new interface at this time...
I haven't used the API in a couple years. All the info to use it is at developer.godaddy.com. It works differently than the list view in the account.

Account pushes should not be having an issue. If you have a specific domain let me know so I can check.

Bulk also doesn't have an issue that I am aware of, beyond trying to change things in bulk quickly. So if I go in and select a bunch of domains and quickly unlock and lock them it might error, or change nameservers and then change them again. It takes a few minutes for the changes to update in our systems and if they are still being updated and you are trying to change things again really fast it may error. Beyond that I am not sure of any other bulk errors. But as I said, I have been traveling a lot and the premier services team has taken the lead on this with the developers. If you have specific issues let me know and I can bring them up.

•••
Joe, I am really surprised that this problem of pushing within Godaddy accounts is still unresolved. I am still using Chrome Incognito mode to make sure that transfers successful.

Right now, I am doing so with a buyer.

•••
There shouldn't be any issues with pushing a domain name anymore. A big part of the issue was the two interfaces for managing domains on the back end did not work well together. Now that there is only one the domain pushes should be working. The big thing I see holding them up is the gaining shopper not clicking the email to ok the domain contact change. If you pm me the domain I can have someone take a look at it.
(y) Thanks!
I appreciate your willingness to assist! Although, I won't burden you further. I will work with support and my client (who has zero technical skills) to finalize the transaction. I will PM you if the issue is unresolved.

Thanks again!(y)

•••
Domain Listing Manager.
If you access an individual domain's auction page, the minimum offer won't be the same as the minimum offer you set in afternic.
You have to create an individual auction with the correct min offer in GoDaddy Auctions to have it reflect in Domain Listing Manager.
@Joe Styler

•••
Yes that is true and on purpose. If you list via Afternic with an offer Afternic will determine the offer which is currently 65% of your buy now. That is based on lots of data and research as the sweet spot to close the most domain sales.

•••
@Joe Styler @Paul Nicks

I understand that you guys are already tired of all the reports and nothing happening on the IT side of your company, but something has to be done. Just ignoring the accumulating issues is making things get out of hand completely. Just check out the sales report where one person on days informed that simple GD to GD push did not work, so he had to transfer out to Google Domains.

Now my sale is about to get completely cancelled, because buyer sees only "cancel" option, while "accept" option is greyed out. He cancelled after waiting for 3 (!!!) days with the domain hung in "in progress" status. I have reinitiated it again, but have little faith this will go smooth.

I have almost 3000 names with you guys and growing at few hundred a months, but this all makes me to reconsider my options going forward, especially if I get any sales lost because of this.

Show attachment 124237

This actually happened to me way back for my CoinMena.com the point the buyer requested me to hand over the check back to him due to his frustration with the Godaddy push which I recommended we do because it was "so much easier". Little did I know it would take 3 hours! in which case we cancelled the transfer. He took back the check and then he decided to go with Google Domains.

We were advised by Godaddy Rep that Google Domains was in "limbo" right now because they were going to discontinue their "domain" biz. or something like that. all just to keep our business.

The deal would have ended right there. lucky we went with google domains and everything went fine.

check was returned.

•••
OK, I tried the new interface (as there is no other option).

It is unfortunate that GD made it live without sufficient testing.

Just a few notes:

1) The system is not stable. I've seen a few server errors (asp errors or something, red text with white background) and had to refresh the pages a few times.

2) Domains with hosted DNS (not regged @ GD) do show expiration date as either "Not available" (one domain) or "1/1/1" (all other external domains). 1/1/1 "date" makes little sense...

3) Earlier, some domains were shown in uppercase and some in lowercase. It was not good (aesthetically). Did GD fix this? No. It just added some sort of java to show everything in lowercase. How I know? Simply. If I scroll too fast, I see domains in uppercase for a second - and then java or whatever converts them to lowercase right on my screen. It is obviously not the way how upper/lowercase issue should have been fixed.

4) I knowingly deleted a domain. Earlier, such domains disappeared immediately (could only be found in "expired" section). Now, they are still in the main list with "cancelled" status - and it is not actually cancelled, as GD started to show own ppc ads on it. Moreover, subsequent routine "Your GoDaddy Renewal Notice" email still included this (deleted) domain, stating that it WILL be auto-renewed! So I just emailed my acct. manager asking him to actually delete the domain (move it to redemption period). What prevented the new system from deleting the domain from the very beginning (which one would reasonably expect as the result of "delete domain" function), is it for potential ppc revenue or to sell it on auctions after expiration (since, hopefully, autorenew for cancelled domain would not occur)?

Cc @Joe Styler

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back