Dynadot

GoDaddy broker service worth it?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DreamZ55

Established Member
Impact
Anyone ever used a godaddy broker? Share your experience.

So, there is a Domain at godaddy, which is not currently for sale. I am curious about the godaddy broker service .... Its $99 + 20% commission for the broker if they are able to secure the domain for me.

Godaddy broker says they will try to get for lowest price possible....
Do they really negotiate the lowest possible price since they are receiving 20% commision , hmmmm ..?

The who is for the domain is set to private, I tried contacting the owner by the email. SInce domain is at godaddy , do you think godaddy broker would contact owner by their phone number , would godaddy do that since who is , is set to private{domain is at godaddy}?
Thoughts on Domainagents.com broker service? they only charge $19.95 , but would they try to sell domain to me at higher price.... I not sure what to do , to try and secure this domain. Its less than 2 years old .

Do all these brokers work same way? they just send email to owner like me , and thats it? I dont see how they can do much if who is , is set to private..

These services really any help ??? should i go with godaddy broker or Domainagents.com broker, or is there really nothing that can be done other than wait since i sent email to a proxy who is .??

-Help

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone ever used a godaddy broker? Share your experience.

So, there is a Domain at godaddy, which is not currently for sale. I am curious about the godaddy broker service .... Its $99 + 20% commission for the broker if they are able to secure the domain for me.

Godaddy broker says they will try to get for lowest price possible....
Do they really negotiate the lowest possible price since they are receiving 20% commision , hmmmm ..?

The who is for the domain is set to private, I tried contacting the owner by the email. SInce domain is at godaddy , do you think godaddy broker would contact owner by their phone number , would godaddy do that since who is , is set to private{domain is at godaddy}?
Thoughts on Domainagents.com broker service? they only charge $19.95 , but would they try to sell domain to me at higher price.... I not sure what to do , to try and secure this domain. Its less than 2 years old .

Do all these brokers work same way? they just send email to owner like me , and thats it? I dont see how they can do much if who is , is set to private..

These services really any help ??? should i go with godaddy broker or Domainagents.com broker, or is there really nothing that can be done other than wait since i sent email to a proxy who is .??

-Help
Godaddy has made nearly impossible to contact a domain owner through the whois. No privacy email available and no more contact form, thanks to the scammers trying to contact domain owners and saying they are from Godaddy.
So now if somebody is really interested in buying a domain name located at Godaddy and with no for sale landing page, I guess they have to follow the broker path.
But if you are going to pay $99 or whatever it costs the Godaddy broker, be sure to have a minimum serious budget, at least if the domain is a good one.
No broker in this world will get a deal for hundreds or $1,000 for a domain worth $10,000 or more.
So you can try and roll the dice, but be prepared to lose the $99 and not getting the domain.
Godaddy broker will contact the domain owner by email and ask him if the domain is for sale and for how much, that's it. They are not wizards.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back