IT.COM

Uniregistry/GoDaddy now charging $59 fee + comm. to broker??

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I was just looking at domain that is on the Uniregistry marketplace and noticed they charge $59 on top of their commission to broker a domain -

Use our domain buy service
$59.00 per inquiry + commission

Since when was this started?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the godaddy buying service is not new.

•••
•••
So there has always been a $59 charge?

As long ago as I can recall for GoDaddy. Yep. Seems like they've decided to do the same on Uni too.

Last edited:
•••
Huh... I've never used GD broker service, and I've never seen it on a lander before. Ok.

•••
•••
It's activated on any lander/name you put up as "not for sale".

•••
Huh... I've never used GD broker service, and I've never seen it on a lander before. Ok.

I think you could do a better job of buying on your own than paying good (if small) money to GoDaddy.

•••
It used to be 69 I think. It is not new.

•••
It used to be 69 I think. It is not new.

I remember Uni charging 59 or 69 even before the acquisition. This service seems to be targeting the average end-user. As domainers we have a pretty good idea how to contact the owner of a registered domain. I'm not sure if this service offers any advantage to experienced domain investors.

•••
It was at Uni before GoDaddy, nothing new.

Last edited:
•••
It was at Uni before GoDaddy.
Usually displayed for domains which are not listed for sale but parked there.

Are you sure? I remember GoDaddy having their Domain Broker Buy Service for many, many years. Probably even before Uni was even born! :)

•••
Are you sure? I remember GoDaddy having their Domain Broker Buy Service for many, many years. Probably even before Uni was even born! :)
I mean, that Uni had this service before its sale to GoDaddy.
And overall, no any changes except GD logo... even UniMarket listings are NOT distributed to GoDaddy.

•••
I mean, that Uni had this service before its sale to GoDaddy.
And overall, no any changes except GD logo... even UniMarket listings are NOT distributed to GoDaddy.

OK. No problem.

•••
I would prefer dropcatch over GD if I really pay $59 for this services.

•••
I would prefer dropcatch over GD if I really pay $59 for this services.

The problem with that is you are restricting your potential supply, only to those domains which are deleting. And should it be considered nice enough to be worth more than $59, you are likely to find there is more than 1 bidder, and it going to auction. I understand where you are coming from with this suggestion. However. I have never used Godaddy Buy Broker. I'm only imagining what kind of motivation they can serve up for $59. Not much, I imagine. Unless they end up selling you one of their domains.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back