Dynadot

Get NamePros on the $1,000,000 Homepage!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My Fellow NamePro'ers

This week, kid5150 posted a link to an amazing webpage called the Million Dollar Homepage. ( http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ )

( Read the Thread kid5150 posted here: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122171 )

A regular guy came up with this genius idea to sell pixels on his webpage, which link to the buyer's site. With a minimum purchase of 100 pixels (10x10 square), a price of $1.00 per pixel, and a total of one million pixels for sale, you can guess how he came up with the name.

I feel that those who claim their stake on this site will, indeed, own a piece of internet history.

So, I'm collecting our precious NameBucks in hope that I can raise enough to sell in the exchange and buy 1, 2, or more 10x10 squares.

-RJ- will set up a special link for us to track the number of clicks, as well as rotate through each contributer's affiliate url. The more you donate, the more your affiliate link will be rotated in! I will run a poll once we get closer to our first $100 goal to determine which graphic we will use, as well as link location.

Please donate as many NP$ as you can spare to get our wonderful forum on this great site! Let me know if you want the amount you donate to be posted or not. If for some reason I don't collect enough for a link, I will refund everyone's NameBucks. I really doubt it will come to this though, since we have such a great bunch of members!

Thank you all for your time!

-Jorge

Donations received so far:

NP$: 5453.9

I've been told that NP$ go quick with a .015 rate, so lets plan on that.

NP$ to Real$ Conversion: $81.81

Real$ Donated: $20.00

Total: $101.81

Amount still needed for one 10x10 block: $0 (0 NP$)

List of contributors:

1. robertjr: 2344 NP$
  2. Gene: 1500 NP$
  3. azt :) : $10 USD
  4. Steveh: 55 NP$ & $5 USD
  5. aboujouj83: $5 USD
  6. Badger: 357.40 NP$
  7. will7: 297 NP$
  8. iravan: 232 NP$
  9. auntystatic: 120 NP$
  10. Diddie 100 NP$
  11. slantednet: 76 NP$
  12. AsianInvasion: 70 NP$
  13. eh-stevo: 69 NP$
  14. albino: 50 NP$
  15. compuXP 40 NP$
  16. BullDoG: 37 NP$
  17. 111111z: 35 NP$
  18. mituozo: 34 NP$
  19. microdude431: 20 NP$
  20. vip-ip 17.50 NP$
Please, no more donations...for now.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Probably because of the mention from NP

Probably because of the mention on NP's, thats how i learned about it.
Man the site is getting slow too....

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
no joke, copied all the way down to the faq and terms... all he's missing is the blog.

•••
slantednet said:
no joke, copied all the way down to the faq and terms... all he's missing is the blog.
he doesnt want comments on it :D

•••
Copy Cat site is using asp where as the original is using php

Copy Cat site is using asp where as the original is using php it seems....
Just a observation...

•••
We're going to try the 10x10 block and see if it is worth our donations before going any further. Thanks to all that have donated so far, I will refund the NP$ that were sent to me today.

All we have left is to get the link set up, which -RJ- said he will work on.

Remember: NO MORE DONATIONS...for now.

Thanks all,
Jorge

•••
We're going to try the 10x10 block and see if it is worth our donations before going any further. Thanks to all that have donated so far, I will refund the NP$ that were sent to me today

Great To Hear

and ill again repeat for the new views of the thread

No more Donations are needed as of now!

•••
i can not beleave the million $ page domain has only been registered since
Aug 23, 2005

I predict a buyout

•••
Thanks everyone for supporting NamePros and the donations to get us a square on the Million Dollar Homepage. :tu:

I'm going to setup the link so it rotates between all your referral codes, so you'll be able to earn NP$ should we get any signups through it. (25 NP$ per active member referred).

azt asked if I has any preference on the graphic to use. I'm suggesting either part of the NP logo, title, or one of our smilies. Attached are a few samples here, each 10x10. Some allow for the image to be expanded if ajoining pixels are purchased. Let me know what you like...

redn10.gif

bluen10.gif

cool10.gif
< my fav B-)
cool210.gif

eek10.gif

lookaround10.gif

•••
i kinda like the big red N, if anyone cares.....:)

•••
The first one is good too, I agree

•••
we cant use the one name eek cuz the stuff is moving on it, and i preffer the red N

•••
•••
•••
The Red N is cool because the rest of the logo can be purchased later to fill in the whole light bulb. :)

The link is ready. It rotates among the referral links of all the donors according to the donation size. www.namepros.com/milliondollar.php

PHP:
<?
include ('global.php');
$array=array(
	'robertjr' => '2344',
	'gene'=>'1500',
	'azt'=> '667',
	'steveh'=>'387',
	'aboujouj83'=>'333',
	'badger'=>'357.40',
	'will7'=>'297',
	'iravan'=>'232',
	'auntystatic'=>'120',
	'diddie'=>'100',
	'slantednet'=>'76',
	'asianinvasion'=>'70',
	'eh-stevo'=>'69',
	'albino'=>'50',
	'compuxp'=>'40',
	'bulldog'=>'37',
	'111111z'=>'35',
	'mituozo'=>'34',
	'microdude431'=>'20',
	'vip-ip'=>'17.50',
	'dgaussin'=>'133.10'
);

$randy = rand(1,69190);
$num=0;

foreach ($array as $key=>$value) 
	{
	$num=$num+($value*10);
		if ($randy < $num)  
			{
				$userid = username_id($key);
				echo ("Location: http://www.namepros.com/index.php?referrerid=".$userid);
				exit;
			}
	}
?>

•••
The Red N is cool because the rest of the logo can be purchased later to fill in the whole light bulb.

The link is ready. It rotates among the referral links of all the donors according to the donation size. www.namepros.com/milliondollar.php

Nice!

•••
-RJ- said:
The Red N is cool because the rest of the logo can be purchased later to fill in the whole light bulb. :)

I like the N, the only problem we would run into would be someone taking a spot next to us. Then we wouldn't be able to finish our light bulb.

If anyone would like to object to using the red N, please speak up :)

So now I just need some input for where to put the link.

1. On the first column on the left
2. On the last column on the right
3. Somewhere along the top row
4. Somewhere along the bottom row
5. Somewhere in the middle.

I'm thinking somewhere in the middle, so we could finish the logo one day, but closer to the upper left so it would fit in all browser window sizes.

-RJ-, how many spaces would we need to buy to finish the lightbulb?

-Jorge

•••
Make sure you put it above the fold somewhere, away from others... Doesn't matter where, that ausome red 'N' will draw some clicks...

And I like the trend...

First graphic banner ads, no one wanted to see..
then text ads, people are okay with seeing
now pixel ads, where people are hunting to see them
lol!

Time to startup a pixel ad rotation service... lol...

•••
I think Gene got the right idea going for direct middle, right in the hotspot where eyes go on a page and putting an eye catching square there (the yellow happy face). I'm sure the very top row will be considered prime real estate as well, though you can't build around it its still probably a good choice.

That red "N" is the very center of our logo. At that relative size it would take nine total 10x10 squares to complete it out (3 by 3 squares). That's $900 worth of pixels, so I'm not sure its realistice to say we'd ever get that many, so I'd say make the most of the one 10x10 box we've got.

We can scrap any of the ideas I came up with for a graphic and find something new. It's not easy working with only 10x10. :)

•••
Omg, this whole time, I didn't know bout this. Guess I should pay more attention the the break room eh? :p

About the image, well, I was bored Lol...

See attachment. :p

And ya, 10x10 ain't much to work with.

•••
hmm I want to try a 10 x 10 logo brb

hmm heres logo number 1

heres number 2

•••
Thanks for all of the graphics. I decided to go with the red N, at 25 across and 20 down. I purchased the pixels a few seconds ago, and just emailed that lucky college kid with all of our details. "Namepros.com - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names" will be in the ALT text (pops up when mouse hovers over the link). The page says turn around is about 24 hours, but I explained that we are more important than anyone else, so hopefully that will get our link up quicker :)

Almost there!

Romanos said:

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=124076

Not a copy cat, but same idea. Oh well, he's going to be making one for charity too.

Last edited:
•••
azt said:
Thanks for all of the graphics. I decided to go with the red N, at 25 across and 20 down. I purchased the pixels a few seconds ago, and just emailed that lucky college kid with all of our details. "Namepros.com - Buy, Sell, Discuss Domain Names" will be in the ALT text (pops up when mouse hovers over the link). The page says turn around is about 24 hours, but I explained that we are more important than anyone else, so hopefully that will get our link up quicker :)

Almost there!

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=124076

Not a copy cat, but same idea. Oh well, he's going to be making one for charity too.

Yeah basically it is a copy cat, because he used almost the same words as the Million Dollar Homepage. :|

-JJ-

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back