Dynadot

Get NamePros on the $1,000,000 Homepage!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
My Fellow NamePro'ers

This week, kid5150 posted a link to an amazing webpage called the Million Dollar Homepage. ( http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ )

( Read the Thread kid5150 posted here: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122171 )

A regular guy came up with this genius idea to sell pixels on his webpage, which link to the buyer's site. With a minimum purchase of 100 pixels (10x10 square), a price of $1.00 per pixel, and a total of one million pixels for sale, you can guess how he came up with the name.

I feel that those who claim their stake on this site will, indeed, own a piece of internet history.

So, I'm collecting our precious NameBucks in hope that I can raise enough to sell in the exchange and buy 1, 2, or more 10x10 squares.

-RJ- will set up a special link for us to track the number of clicks, as well as rotate through each contributer's affiliate url. The more you donate, the more your affiliate link will be rotated in! I will run a poll once we get closer to our first $100 goal to determine which graphic we will use, as well as link location.

Please donate as many NP$ as you can spare to get our wonderful forum on this great site! Let me know if you want the amount you donate to be posted or not. If for some reason I don't collect enough for a link, I will refund everyone's NameBucks. I really doubt it will come to this though, since we have such a great bunch of members!

Thank you all for your time!

-Jorge

Donations received so far:

NP$: 5453.9

I've been told that NP$ go quick with a .015 rate, so lets plan on that.

NP$ to Real$ Conversion: $81.81

Real$ Donated: $20.00

Total: $101.81

Amount still needed for one 10x10 block: $0 (0 NP$)

List of contributors:

1. robertjr: 2344 NP$
  2. Gene: 1500 NP$
  3. azt :) : $10 USD
  4. Steveh: 55 NP$ & $5 USD
  5. aboujouj83: $5 USD
  6. Badger: 357.40 NP$
  7. will7: 297 NP$
  8. iravan: 232 NP$
  9. auntystatic: 120 NP$
  10. Diddie 100 NP$
  11. slantednet: 76 NP$
  12. AsianInvasion: 70 NP$
  13. eh-stevo: 69 NP$
  14. albino: 50 NP$
  15. compuXP 40 NP$
  16. BullDoG: 37 NP$
  17. 111111z: 35 NP$
  18. mituozo: 34 NP$
  19. microdude431: 20 NP$
  20. vip-ip 17.50 NP$
Please, no more donations...for now.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
microdude431 said:
Gene, which one of those sites is yours? :]

The smiley face in the middle :)

•••
Haha! No... just keeping with the theme :)

•••
$15,100 now
ouch more than 6 grand in 2 days !

•••
must be the new "makefriends" 7 block large ad

•••
diddie said:
must be the new "makefriends" 7 block large ad

I like how some guy has put a icon right next to it to try and steal hits (it looks like one icon but the NEW text is not part of it)

•••
I understand there will be a difference of opinions on this subject, so I ask that any future comments on the million dollar homepage be made on the thread that was made to discuss the million dollar homepage ( http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122171 ) If this was a thread selling domains that you were against, you would not be allowed to post comments like "This is a waste of money".

======

I like the idea of using the NP fav icon. What size is it? If it is larger than 10x10 pixels, does someone want to post a 10x10 version of it so we can see what it would look like?

Thanks again everyone!
-Jorge

•••
I'll send you a donation now. :) Bye bye np!

•••
How many np are still needed?

•••
deet said:
How many np are still needed?

I'll go update the original post with the numbers now...

•••
i tried the bookmark NP, and it s very small 10x10 pix
actually its one quarter of the bookmark size

Last edited:
•••
Gene said:
The smiley face in the middle :)

The smiley face, is that what size you get for $100 ?

•••
diddie said:
i tried the bookmark NP, and it s very small 10x10 pix
actually its one quarter of the bookmark size

That's not a bad idea. What does everyone think of the bookmark icon? I do like the "N" in the light bulb logo, but the plain NP is easier to read.

I've updated the first post with the donations received. I'll go ahead and post it here, too.

Donations received so far:

NP$: 3632.5

I've been told that NP$ go quick with a .015 rate, so lets plan on that.

NP$ to Real$ Conversion: $54.49

Real$ Donated: $20.00

Total: $74.49

Amount still needed: $25.51 (1700.83 NP$)

List of contributors:

Gene: 1500 NP$
robertjr: 1000 NP$
azt :) : $10 USD
Steveh: 55 NP$ & $5 USD
aboujouj83: $5 USD
will7: 297 NP$
iravan: 232 NP$
Diddie 100 NP$
slantednet: 76 NP$
AsianInvasion: 70 NP$
eh-stevo: 69 NP$
albino: 50 NP$
compuXP 40 NP$
BullDoG: 37 NP$
111111z: 35 NP$
mituozo: 34 NP$
microdude431: 20 NP$
vip-ip 17.50 NP$

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
ok you can have all mine seeing as though my last offer to give them all away (guy who was gonna run down the street with a white sheet over hs head) has gone tango...

Enjoy..

Shoot, how many have i got now?????

•••
Badger said:
ok you can have all mine seeing as though my last offer to give them all away (guy who was gonna run down the street with a white sheet over hs head) has gone tango...

Enjoy..

Shoot, how many have i got now?????

lol, I forgot about that. I'll get around to doing that one day. To be honest, I seriously don't have a white sheet in my entire house.

Thanks for the donation!

Edit:
RobertJr was kind enough to donate the rest of the needed NP$. The

I'm going to list the NP$ for sale now and try and get the ball rolling. If I can make a quick sale, we'll hopefully have the link up within a few days.

Last edited:
•••
•••
I would accept offers from the exchange they go very quick. Buyer send you money and you then click the link sent to you confirming the recieved payment the NP$ automatically get transferred from your account to the buyers account.

I agree!

•••
I went with the two offers for .016 rate, for 1600 np$
Another 1000 Np$ sale is pending at .015, I'm hoping the buyer will pay paypal fees as well (although I will cover these like I promised, if necessary).
I thought I'd give the sales thread a shot over night, and then just accept the bids in the exchange at the .015 rate in the morning.

Thanks for the advice
-Jorge

•••
Lookin foreward to it

I think we hsould mention that no more NP is Needed. So Dont Donate any more!

•••
Tell me if the ICON works, so we can set that up very quickly

•••
Has the donations stopped?

Has the donations stopped it looks like it.. Are we going for another 10x10?

•••
why not ?! i have some extra $np

•••
8. Why can't I buy one single pixel?

I decided that although it would probably be cool if individuals could buy a single pixel each, in practise, it wouldn't so effective. The reason I believe this is because you can't display anything meaningful in one pixel - nor click it easily - so visually, it would be pointless. With thousands of random tiny coloured dots all over the place, the homepage would look gastly.
The minimum purchase of pixels is limited to $100! And that's just for a 10 x 10 pixel. I'm not complaining, but the idea of it seems ridiculous to me. I don't think it's worth it. If the owner really did earn $15,800 on his website, then congrats to him on this idea!

111111z said:
Has the donations stopped it looks like it.. Are we going for another 10x10?
Maybe we should wait and see how many visitors NamePros receives from the first 10x10 block.

•••
Maybe we should wait and see how many visitors NamePros receives from the first 10x10 block.

Yep... Wait for now!, see the results...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back