IT.COM

Get NamePros on the $1,000,000 Homepage!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My Fellow NamePro'ers

This week, kid5150 posted a link to an amazing webpage called the Million Dollar Homepage. ( http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ )

( Read the Thread kid5150 posted here: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122171 )

A regular guy came up with this genius idea to sell pixels on his webpage, which link to the buyer's site. With a minimum purchase of 100 pixels (10x10 square), a price of $1.00 per pixel, and a total of one million pixels for sale, you can guess how he came up with the name.

I feel that those who claim their stake on this site will, indeed, own a piece of internet history.

So, I'm collecting our precious NameBucks in hope that I can raise enough to sell in the exchange and buy 1, 2, or more 10x10 squares.

-RJ- will set up a special link for us to track the number of clicks, as well as rotate through each contributer's affiliate url. The more you donate, the more your affiliate link will be rotated in! I will run a poll once we get closer to our first $100 goal to determine which graphic we will use, as well as link location.

Please donate as many NP$ as you can spare to get our wonderful forum on this great site! Let me know if you want the amount you donate to be posted or not. If for some reason I don't collect enough for a link, I will refund everyone's NameBucks. I really doubt it will come to this though, since we have such a great bunch of members!

Thank you all for your time!

-Jorge

Donations received so far:

NP$: 5453.9

I've been told that NP$ go quick with a .015 rate, so lets plan on that.

NP$ to Real$ Conversion: $81.81

Real$ Donated: $20.00

Total: $101.81

Amount still needed for one 10x10 block: $0 (0 NP$)

List of contributors:

1. robertjr: 2344 NP$
  2. Gene: 1500 NP$
  3. azt :) : $10 USD
  4. Steveh: 55 NP$ & $5 USD
  5. aboujouj83: $5 USD
  6. Badger: 357.40 NP$
  7. will7: 297 NP$
  8. iravan: 232 NP$
  9. auntystatic: 120 NP$
  10. Diddie 100 NP$
  11. slantednet: 76 NP$
  12. AsianInvasion: 70 NP$
  13. eh-stevo: 69 NP$
  14. albino: 50 NP$
  15. compuXP 40 NP$
  16. BullDoG: 37 NP$
  17. 111111z: 35 NP$
  18. mituozo: 34 NP$
  19. microdude431: 20 NP$
  20. vip-ip 17.50 NP$
Please, no more donations...for now.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
PolurNET said:
I think the money collected so far should go to more important advertising venues or charity, etc, not to the benefit of this one guy, IMHO. He's already got enough $, and Namepros is already well-established and popular. I'm sure RJ would have his own money to spend on this, but he must've chose not to for a good reason.
I have already donated more than my share to charity, and continue to do so through direct channels. THIS is just an advertising resource for crying out loud. It makes no differnce whether it is run by a college kid or a multi-national corporation. That has nothing to do with how I donate to charity.

Personally, I'm happy to be supporting an entrepreneur with a brilliant business concept. Who are we to say "he's already got enough"?! The more profit he makes, the more HE will have an abundance of ready cash to support victims in need wherever and whenever as he chooses.

"Namepros is already well-established and popular."
So -RJ- should stop promoting? He should let it lie stagnant instead of doubling, tripleing it's size? In business, there's no such thing as sitting still. if you are not growing, you're moving backwards on the road to failure. Just ask CocaCola or McDonalds. Everywhere you look you still see them advertising.

talkfreelance said:
Do you honestly believe everyone who is on that webpage has paid $100 or paid at all?

Yes. I purchased one of those little buggers myself. I'm getting 1500+ hits to my web site every day as a result.

Last edited:
•••
I'll send you a donation now. :) Bye bye np!

•••
ok you can have all mine seeing as though my last offer to give them all away (guy who was gonna run down the street with a white sheet over hs head) has gone tango...

Enjoy..

Shoot, how many have i got now?????

•••
Badger said:
ok you can have all mine seeing as though my last offer to give them all away (guy who was gonna run down the street with a white sheet over hs head) has gone tango...

Enjoy..

Shoot, how many have i got now?????

lol, I forgot about that. I'll get around to doing that one day. To be honest, I seriously don't have a white sheet in my entire house.

Thanks for the donation!

Edit:
RobertJr was kind enough to donate the rest of the needed NP$. The

I'm going to list the NP$ for sale now and try and get the ball rolling. If I can make a quick sale, we'll hopefully have the link up within a few days.

Last edited:
•••
i kinda like the big red N, if anyone cares.....:)

•••
•••
The Red N is cool because the rest of the logo can be purchased later to fill in the whole light bulb.

The link is ready. It rotates among the referral links of all the donors according to the donation size. www.namepros.com/milliondollar.php

Nice!

•••
I think Gene got the right idea going for direct middle, right in the hotspot where eyes go on a page and putting an eye catching square there (the yellow happy face). I'm sure the very top row will be considered prime real estate as well, though you can't build around it its still probably a good choice.

That red "N" is the very center of our logo. At that relative size it would take nine total 10x10 squares to complete it out (3 by 3 squares). That's $900 worth of pixels, so I'm not sure its realistice to say we'd ever get that many, so I'd say make the most of the one 10x10 box we've got.

We can scrap any of the ideas I came up with for a graphic and find something new. It's not easy working with only 10x10. :)

•••
Omg, this whole time, I didn't know bout this. Guess I should pay more attention the the break room eh? :p

About the image, well, I was bored Lol...

See attachment. :p

And ya, 10x10 ain't much to work with.

•••
hmm I want to try a 10 x 10 logo brb

hmm heres logo number 1

heres number 2

•••
WTH surprised that page is even stll up. I remember being completely bemused about it when it started.

If I remember correctly it didnt make anywhere near the claims, quite a few of the spots were given out cheap or free to make it look like sites were signing up.

•••
Great ! i ll give you my NP soon (getting some more)

•••
ive sent some, great idea:D

better not be a scam now ;)

•••
I've got 297NP$ over 3000, so I'll make my NP$ a nice round figure, 297NP$ isn't much, I know, but, heck, every little helps :)

•••
I'm sending all whopping 74 of mine...

•••
Yeah! The thread is re-opened. -RJ- said he didn't know why it was closed.

No big deal, let's get those donations rolling again!!

Also, start posting ideas for which graphic we should use and where it should be. I'll start a poll once we near the goal.

Remember, when you send the donation, please include "Million Dollar Homepage" in the remarks as well as whether or not you want the amount you've donated to be recognized (posted), otherwise I'll just assume you don't mind :)

I'll update the first post with donations received so far.

Thanks everyone!
-Jorge

Last edited:
•••
it'd be funny to get like 300 pixels..lol

•••
We need at least enough to make $90 ($100 - my $10) in either the exchange or by selling them to the bank.

•••
Please post here when you donate to keep this thread active (that way I don't have to use precious NP$ to buy a sticky :) )

Thanks to everyone who's donated so far. We are 3000 Namebucks away from our goal. We're more than halfway there!

Remember, all contributors will have their affiliate link rotated.

Anyone have any ideas for the graphic and location yet?

Thanks again,
Jorge

•••
Jorge, I'm assuming that the rotation link will be proportional to how much the individual invested, correct?

•••
Gene said:
Jorge, I'm assuming that the rotation link will be proportional to how much the individual invested, correct?

If -RJ- can set this up, then yes, I would want to reward those who contributed more. Good point, I'll PM RJ. :)

•••
I don't see that it would be a problem... just set up the rotation as a list of 100 spots. Someone who donates $10 gets 10 of those spots, etc.

•••
Gene said:
I don't see that it would be a problem... just set up the rotation as a list of 100 spots. Someone who donates $10 gets 10 of those spots, etc.

Of course!

Ok everyone, the more you donate the more your affiliate link will get rotated into the link we'll be setting up on the million dollar homepage.

I hope everyone likes this change!

•••
Just Donated

Great idea, hope it really happens......

Love that million dollar home page

Can php so if you need some help to get it going........

Maybe the graphic should have something like a NP in it or longer if we get more room......

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back