Dynadot

Get NamePros on the $1,000,000 Homepage!

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
My Fellow NamePro'ers

This week, kid5150 posted a link to an amazing webpage called the Million Dollar Homepage. ( http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ )

( Read the Thread kid5150 posted here: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122171 )

A regular guy came up with this genius idea to sell pixels on his webpage, which link to the buyer's site. With a minimum purchase of 100 pixels (10x10 square), a price of $1.00 per pixel, and a total of one million pixels for sale, you can guess how he came up with the name.

I feel that those who claim their stake on this site will, indeed, own a piece of internet history.

So, I'm collecting our precious NameBucks in hope that I can raise enough to sell in the exchange and buy 1, 2, or more 10x10 squares.

-RJ- will set up a special link for us to track the number of clicks, as well as rotate through each contributer's affiliate url. The more you donate, the more your affiliate link will be rotated in! I will run a poll once we get closer to our first $100 goal to determine which graphic we will use, as well as link location.

Please donate as many NP$ as you can spare to get our wonderful forum on this great site! Let me know if you want the amount you donate to be posted or not. If for some reason I don't collect enough for a link, I will refund everyone's NameBucks. I really doubt it will come to this though, since we have such a great bunch of members!

Thank you all for your time!

-Jorge

Donations received so far:

NP$: 5453.9

I've been told that NP$ go quick with a .015 rate, so lets plan on that.

NP$ to Real$ Conversion: $81.81

Real$ Donated: $20.00

Total: $101.81

Amount still needed for one 10x10 block: $0 (0 NP$)

List of contributors:

1. robertjr: 2344 NP$
  2. Gene: 1500 NP$
  3. azt :) : $10 USD
  4. Steveh: 55 NP$ & $5 USD
  5. aboujouj83: $5 USD
  6. Badger: 357.40 NP$
  7. will7: 297 NP$
  8. iravan: 232 NP$
  9. auntystatic: 120 NP$
  10. Diddie 100 NP$
  11. slantednet: 76 NP$
  12. AsianInvasion: 70 NP$
  13. eh-stevo: 69 NP$
  14. albino: 50 NP$
  15. compuXP 40 NP$
  16. BullDoG: 37 NP$
  17. 111111z: 35 NP$
  18. mituozo: 34 NP$
  19. microdude431: 20 NP$
  20. vip-ip 17.50 NP$
Please, no more donations...for now.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Great ! i ll give you my NP soon (getting some more)

•••
ive sent some, great idea:D

better not be a scam now ;)

•••
I've got 297NP$ over 3000, so I'll make my NP$ a nice round figure, 297NP$ isn't much, I know, but, heck, every little helps :)

•••
I'm sending all whopping 74 of mine...

•••
Yeah! The thread is re-opened. -RJ- said he didn't know why it was closed.

No big deal, let's get those donations rolling again!!

Also, start posting ideas for which graphic we should use and where it should be. I'll start a poll once we near the goal.

Remember, when you send the donation, please include "Million Dollar Homepage" in the remarks as well as whether or not you want the amount you've donated to be recognized (posted), otherwise I'll just assume you don't mind :)

I'll update the first post with donations received so far.

Thanks everyone!
-Jorge

Last edited:
•••
it'd be funny to get like 300 pixels..lol

•••
We need at least enough to make $90 ($100 - my $10) in either the exchange or by selling them to the bank.

•••
Please post here when you donate to keep this thread active (that way I don't have to use precious NP$ to buy a sticky :) )

Thanks to everyone who's donated so far. We are 3000 Namebucks away from our goal. We're more than halfway there!

Remember, all contributors will have their affiliate link rotated.

Anyone have any ideas for the graphic and location yet?

Thanks again,
Jorge

•••
Jorge, I'm assuming that the rotation link will be proportional to how much the individual invested, correct?

•••
Gene said:
Jorge, I'm assuming that the rotation link will be proportional to how much the individual invested, correct?

If -RJ- can set this up, then yes, I would want to reward those who contributed more. Good point, I'll PM RJ. :)

•••
I don't see that it would be a problem... just set up the rotation as a list of 100 spots. Someone who donates $10 gets 10 of those spots, etc.

•••
Gene said:
I don't see that it would be a problem... just set up the rotation as a list of 100 spots. Someone who donates $10 gets 10 of those spots, etc.

Of course!

Ok everyone, the more you donate the more your affiliate link will get rotated into the link we'll be setting up on the million dollar homepage.

I hope everyone likes this change!

•••
Just Donated

Great idea, hope it really happens......

Love that million dollar home page

Can php so if you need some help to get it going........

Maybe the graphic should have something like a NP in it or longer if we get more room......

•••
Thanks for the donation 111111z!

•••
I wish i could of came up with that idea :(

I will donate a few NP once i get some more :D

•••
•••
I would like to donate 5$ US (not NPs). Can you (azt) PM the paypal account collecting these donations?

P.S: I suggest that we should aim at buying 300 (or may be more) pixels to be better viewed on his page especially when it becomes more crowded.

Aboujouj83

Last edited:
•••
•••
Aw..... why not. 40 NP$ comin...

•••
aboujouj83 said:
I would like to donate 5$ US (not NPs). Can you (azt) PM the paypal account collecting these donations?

P.S: I suggest that we should aim at buying 300 (or may be more) pixels to be better viewed on his page especially when it becomes more crowded.

Aboujouj83

PM sent. Real $$ are VERY welcome!

It looks like we are going to be able to reach our goal soon, so we might just try for at least 200 pixels. I'll put together some graphics and such and we'll run a poll (I know, I've said that a million times [no pun intended])

Thanks again everyone. Make sure you tell all of your namepros lovin' friends about this!

-Jorge

•••
Send me your Paypal email. I'll donate a few dollars to this.

Stephen

•••
Man the person who created this is ana absolute genious!

232 NP Coming your way!

Thanks

Iravan

•••
I just donated 5$ to azt.

Aboujouj83

•••
Check it out -- the site went from $8700.00 to $12000.00 in one day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back