Dynadot

Get NamePros on the $1,000,000 Homepage!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My Fellow NamePro'ers

This week, kid5150 posted a link to an amazing webpage called the Million Dollar Homepage. ( http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ )

( Read the Thread kid5150 posted here: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122171 )

A regular guy came up with this genius idea to sell pixels on his webpage, which link to the buyer's site. With a minimum purchase of 100 pixels (10x10 square), a price of $1.00 per pixel, and a total of one million pixels for sale, you can guess how he came up with the name.

I feel that those who claim their stake on this site will, indeed, own a piece of internet history.

So, I'm collecting our precious NameBucks in hope that I can raise enough to sell in the exchange and buy 1, 2, or more 10x10 squares.

-RJ- will set up a special link for us to track the number of clicks, as well as rotate through each contributer's affiliate url. The more you donate, the more your affiliate link will be rotated in! I will run a poll once we get closer to our first $100 goal to determine which graphic we will use, as well as link location.

Please donate as many NP$ as you can spare to get our wonderful forum on this great site! Let me know if you want the amount you donate to be posted or not. If for some reason I don't collect enough for a link, I will refund everyone's NameBucks. I really doubt it will come to this though, since we have such a great bunch of members!

Thank you all for your time!

-Jorge

Donations received so far:

NP$: 5453.9

I've been told that NP$ go quick with a .015 rate, so lets plan on that.

NP$ to Real$ Conversion: $81.81

Real$ Donated: $20.00

Total: $101.81

Amount still needed for one 10x10 block: $0 (0 NP$)

List of contributors:

1. robertjr: 2344 NP$
  2. Gene: 1500 NP$
  3. azt :) : $10 USD
  4. Steveh: 55 NP$ & $5 USD
  5. aboujouj83: $5 USD
  6. Badger: 357.40 NP$
  7. will7: 297 NP$
  8. iravan: 232 NP$
  9. auntystatic: 120 NP$
  10. Diddie 100 NP$
  11. slantednet: 76 NP$
  12. AsianInvasion: 70 NP$
  13. eh-stevo: 69 NP$
  14. albino: 50 NP$
  15. compuXP 40 NP$
  16. BullDoG: 37 NP$
  17. 111111z: 35 NP$
  18. mituozo: 34 NP$
  19. microdude431: 20 NP$
  20. vip-ip 17.50 NP$
Please, no more donations...for now.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Will donate all mine..

Stevo

•••
Gene said:
Check it out -- the site went from $8700.00 to $12000.00 in one day.

That's crazy! We're almost there, soon it wil be 12,100 (at least!)

Thanks for all of the donations...I've updated the donation tracker with all of your names.

I have a few ideas for graphics and link location. Let me know what you think:

Graphic:
  • Just a bright color square with nothing in it
  • The letter D in black with a bright bg color, such as green. Eventually if we kept getting donations, we'd get the word "DOMAINS" (that's $700!) or at least DOMAIN.
  • The "N" from the logo in the header at the top of this page
  • A small american flag
  • A small mouse cursor
  • The letter F, it draws attention

• Upper right hand corner, as close to the "GO!" Button as we can get.
  • Along the edges
  • Right in the middle

There you go! I'm looking forward to having an inbox full of donation notices when I get home from work.

Thanks again,
Jorge

•••
i think im gonna invent the billion dollar home page :)

•••
why not make a animated image flash letters, that spell out the word DOMAINS or something that saves money and still gets the full word?

•••
BuLLDoG said:
why not make a animated image flash letters, that spell out the word DOMAINS or something that saves money and still gets the full word?

it says no animated images in the TC

•••
With all geniuses we have here why not create our million page, with real caritatives goals ? (on same time we put for free our links inside like a big N with rotation for NamePro members sites)

•••
Amnezia said:
BuLLDoG said:

it says no animated images in the TC

dam, I was thinking.. how come no one has done a animated GIF thats strange lol well I guess you have just answered why!

•••
there is a 12 squares (1200 pixels) link on its page, the more its known the more people invest in it

•••
I think we can find better places to advertise Namepros and show what a good community we are.

Why not raise some money and donated them to a charity? There are so many people today that are suffering!

Why not raise money and donate them to the Red Cross for the New Orleans relief. We can put a banner on Namepros homepage and inform people about that or we can advertise it though our websites.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LOSE THEIR HOMES THERE AND HAVE NO PLACE TO LIVE and you are telling me to give the money to a guy who wants to attend college and needs 1 million to do that? D-:

Sincerely, I think this milliondollarpage is the most stupid think I have seen in all my life... WAKE UP GUYS!!! It's just an empty page which looks to be filled with your money! What a great achievement... :bah:

•••
I would better go for our own $page with caritative goals, it would bring up more than just one time $100 :)

•••
snoopi said:
I think we can find better places to advertise Namepros and show what a good community we are.

Why not raise some money and donated them to a charity? There are so many people today that are suffering!

Why not raise money and donate them to the Red Cross for the New Orleans relief. We can put a banner on Namepros homepage and inform people about that or we can advertise it though our websites.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LOSE THEIR HOMES THERE AND HAVE NO PLACE TO LIVE and you are telling me to give the money to a guy who wants to attend college and needs 1 million to do that? D-:

Sincerely, I think this milliondollarpage is the most stupid think I have seen in all my life... WAKE UP GUYS!!! It's just an empty page which looks to be filled with your money! What a great achievement... :bah:

With all due respect Snoopi, this guy has simply found a way to make a quick buck on the internet (and nobody is suffering because of it) - it is the sort of thing we all wish we had come up with. From an advertisers point of view it is really cheap advertising and great publicity. If you would rather not be involved simply don't be - nobody is trying to make you.

IMHO

•••
Whom shud i donate my NP$ to?

•••
•••
snoopi said:

So, because there is tragedy in the world, we should all stop doing business? We should all stop advertising when we find a great advertising medium? I've donated MUCH more to the Red Cross than I have to little advertising campaigns like this. Business MUST go on my friend, or the whole economy would crash and EVERYONE would be in dire straights... not just the hurricane victims. Where do you think support money comes from anyway? The more successful we can become in business, the more we as individuals can support releif efforts and other good causes.

THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO LOSE THEIR HOMES THERE AND HAVE NO PLACE TO LIVE and you are telling me to give the money to a guy who wants to attend college and needs 1 million to do that?
That's absurd! This is not about financing a 21 year old's education. It's about utilizing a great advertising resource. Helping the hurricane victims is a whole separate issue! Are you that blind?

Last edited:
•••
Have you read the last story about the Spounge company that bought a square on it ?

•••
•••
Donated $5 in addition to what I have already donated.

Cheers.

•••
What a waste of your money guys...come on, this site is just a joke. Do you honestly believe everyone who is on that webpage has paid $100 or paid at all?

•••
I think the money collected so far should go to more important advertising venues or charity, etc, not to the benefit of this one guy, IMHO. He's already got enough $, and Namepros is already well-established and popular. I'm sure RJ would have his own money to spend on this, but he must've chose not to for a good reason.

Last edited:
•••
PolurNET said:
I think the money collected so far should go to more important advertising venues or charity, etc, not to the benefit of this one guy, IMHO. He's already got enough $, and Namepros is already well-established and popular. I'm sure RJ would have his own money to spend on this, but he must've chose not to for a good reason.
I have already donated more than my share to charity, and continue to do so through direct channels. THIS is just an advertising resource for crying out loud. It makes no differnce whether it is run by a college kid or a multi-national corporation. That has nothing to do with how I donate to charity.

Personally, I'm happy to be supporting an entrepreneur with a brilliant business concept. Who are we to say "he's already got enough"?! The more profit he makes, the more HE will have an abundance of ready cash to support victims in need wherever and whenever as he chooses.

"Namepros is already well-established and popular."
So -RJ- should stop promoting? He should let it lie stagnant instead of doubling, tripleing it's size? In business, there's no such thing as sitting still. if you are not growing, you're moving backwards on the road to failure. Just ask CocaCola or McDonalds. Everywhere you look you still see them advertising.

talkfreelance said:
Do you honestly believe everyone who is on that webpage has paid $100 or paid at all?

Yes. I purchased one of those little buggers myself. I'm getting 1500+ hits to my web site every day as a result.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Interesting Stats about Million Dollar Site

After looking at the html code i have determined that there is

67 links on that site with a total number of pixels that are sold is 13500...

So they have a net of $13500 for that site so far......

See PDF file made from excel data

Last edited:
•••
111111z said:
After looking at the html code i have determined that there is

67 links on that site with a total number of pixels that are sold is 13500...

So they have a net of $13500 for that site so far......

See PDF file made from excel data

The total is displayed in the upper right corner of the home page...

•••
Did not see that, had to scroll browser to the right.

Did not see that, that corner was not seen, had to scroll to the right.....
O well

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back