IT.COM

Get NamePros on the $1,000,000 Homepage!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
My Fellow NamePro'ers

This week, kid5150 posted a link to an amazing webpage called the Million Dollar Homepage. ( http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/ )

( Read the Thread kid5150 posted here: http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=122171 )

A regular guy came up with this genius idea to sell pixels on his webpage, which link to the buyer's site. With a minimum purchase of 100 pixels (10x10 square), a price of $1.00 per pixel, and a total of one million pixels for sale, you can guess how he came up with the name.

I feel that those who claim their stake on this site will, indeed, own a piece of internet history.

So, I'm collecting our precious NameBucks in hope that I can raise enough to sell in the exchange and buy 1, 2, or more 10x10 squares.

-RJ- will set up a special link for us to track the number of clicks, as well as rotate through each contributer's affiliate url. The more you donate, the more your affiliate link will be rotated in! I will run a poll once we get closer to our first $100 goal to determine which graphic we will use, as well as link location.

Please donate as many NP$ as you can spare to get our wonderful forum on this great site! Let me know if you want the amount you donate to be posted or not. If for some reason I don't collect enough for a link, I will refund everyone's NameBucks. I really doubt it will come to this though, since we have such a great bunch of members!

Thank you all for your time!

-Jorge

Donations received so far:

NP$: 5453.9

I've been told that NP$ go quick with a .015 rate, so lets plan on that.

NP$ to Real$ Conversion: $81.81

Real$ Donated: $20.00

Total: $101.81

Amount still needed for one 10x10 block: $0 (0 NP$)

List of contributors:

1. robertjr: 2344 NP$
  2. Gene: 1500 NP$
  3. azt :) : $10 USD
  4. Steveh: 55 NP$ & $5 USD
  5. aboujouj83: $5 USD
  6. Badger: 357.40 NP$
  7. will7: 297 NP$
  8. iravan: 232 NP$
  9. auntystatic: 120 NP$
  10. Diddie 100 NP$
  11. slantednet: 76 NP$
  12. AsianInvasion: 70 NP$
  13. eh-stevo: 69 NP$
  14. albino: 50 NP$
  15. compuXP 40 NP$
  16. BullDoG: 37 NP$
  17. 111111z: 35 NP$
  18. mituozo: 34 NP$
  19. microdude431: 20 NP$
  20. vip-ip 17.50 NP$
Please, no more donations...for now.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like there was a problem with the guy's paypal account...I got a receipt from paypal for it, so I'm hoping he got it. I'll email him to make sure.

http://www.milliondollarhomepage.com/blog.php has info about this.

(had I known he was going to accept credit cards, I could've waiting a day and used my paypal debit card and made 1.5% :) )

•••
yep, looks good - well done all :tu:

•••
Looks great! Million Dollar Homepage is surely a great website, and a great idea might I add.

-JJ-

•••
If it was me I would be sliping some adwords in there :guilty: - with that sort of traffic he'll make his million much quicker!

•••
Nice! I like it! Anyone can update us with the stats of the clicks?

Aboujouj83

•••
Awesome! I'm glad to see the link is up!
I'm only starting out with PHP, but I'm pretty sure I don't see any sort of counter in that code RJ made. Hopefully we can track the clicks, since I made it a direct link instead of using the MillionDollarHomepage's counter link (which is down now anyway)

I emailed the webmaster to get the ALT text fixed, it's supposed to say the entire slogan (it's missing the word "names" at the end)

Thanks for everyone's help.

Would someone else like to start a campaign for more squares to get the entire lightbulb logo on there? I keep wanting to learn php, but every time I sit down at my computer, I do one of the millions of other things I've started. :)

•••
Yup, mine's still empty though -- nothing like the original... I also made all my own content, etc. (none of it is taken from the original site, don't like copyright problems) :)

I've tried contacting the Red Cross three different ways (e-mail and two seperate phone numbers, one local and one main headquarters) and I'm still without a response. I'd really like to get the donations version open, but it doesn't seem to be feasible without talking to the Red Cross first. I'd like to avoid any fees at all (giving them 100% of the money taken in), but I don't think that's going to be possible as they're not responding to anything I'm trying to ask them.

If Monday comes and they still don't have their act together and call me, I'll release the new site with a 90% donation/10% cost ratio instead of the 100% that I wanted to give them... When originally talking to a Red Cross representative, she stated that they normally just take 100% of donations and then help pay for the costs of the project -- something I would've been more than willing to do.

If anyone knows a more direct way to contact the Red Cross and get a faster answer (I've waited 6 days now since my first call, have called multiple times since then), please let me know.

BTW, saw the NamePros icon on the MillionDollarHomePage, looks really snazzy B-)

Regards,
Rick Berwick

•••
Nice placement, guys! :)

I saw the red N as soon as I visited the page :D

Go NamePros! B-)

•••
Took me a second or two to find, great job.

•••
php script is real slow?

could deter visitors

•••
auntystatic said:
If it was me I would be sliping some adwords in there :guilty: - with that sort of traffic he'll make his million much quicker!
microdude431 said:
Its amazing he doesnt have any ads up on the site yet. Imagine how he would get paid per click. :]

Enough ads already there...

•••
So, any new sign up's from the ad?

•••
I had a dream last night that I got 5 referrals from this thing in under 12 hours :o

•••
vip-ip said:
I had a dream last night that I got 5 referrals from this thing in under 12 hours :o

Lol, I pm'ed RJ to see about a click tracker as well. We'll see how this thing is doing. RobertJR will probably be getting most of the clicks. Wouldn't that be funny if in the end he makes more NP$ than he donated? I never really thought of that.

•••
The NP icon on the million dollar homepage looks great, imho.

Took a few seconds to find, however that's to be expected with how many there are.

Stephen

•••
microdude431 said:
Not adsense or any other PPC program as I was refering to.

And what is Adsense or any other PPC program according to YOU?

•••
I've decided to try and get a link for myself, but can only afford a single square. I've created a thread to try and get as many people to go in on this with me, if everyone buys a single square, we can buy a huge picture that will drive more clicks to our sites.

http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?p=818316

There's the thread, please visit if you are interested.

•••
•••
I can't believe this kid has made over $150,000 so far...

•••
Yep, he had a really genious idea, hes going to college, getting out, and buying himself the college (hypothetically of course :))!

•••
•••
Pretty cool site.. I have came accross that thread and I think It's really cool!

•••
A lot of the ads are affiliate links I think which means he hasn't been paid for them.

Does mean that he'll be making money off them- so there's the PPC !

•••
•••
Steveh said:
Getting one free for a non-profit organization I am associated with at Pixelsbythedozen.com. :)

Stephen
That is very cool! Hope it helps out our organization...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back