IT.COM

alert Fraud Alert: One person using multiple accounts - chargebacks and domains not delivered for years

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
The story starts with one mistake from my side, when I forget to delist one domain sold a few days earlier. The guy post SOLD, I send him my paypal and he's paying...after half of hour when I wanted to push the domains, I notice that I don't own one of them anymore, apologize and I'm telling him to choose another name or I will refund his 2$.
After that, he starts being aggressive and say something like his in domaining for years but never happend something like this in his entire life....now, I start thinking how come a guy with an account opened a few days before can be so aggressive and can say that his domaining all his life, so I start checking what I can about him. This is the result of my investigation:

The guy has multiple namepros accounts, most of them he's using them for a few months, do some chargebacks or not paying for domains after he take's possession, closing them and opening new one's. He has also multiple paypal accounts and also multiple ebay accounts and he's doing it at least from 2009, but he's bragging on some sites that he's in domaining from 2002

His name is Randall Ford Ruben,( using alternatively Randy Ruben or Ford Ruben as well) and his using also Abbe Orteza or Mike Garey(probably others as well) also his using some companies names, like: Domain Administrators of America LLC and Domain Pawn, Domain Pawn Shop, the main address is from Van Nuys, California, 54 years old, but he uses addresses from Arizona and Tucson and Canada as well, his current username is gotchadomains, 25 days old account, buying, selling and bidding on tens of domains, so the same 'modus operandi' as the other accounts
  1. He uses multiple emails and phone numbers, I have found at least 7 of them, but for sure there are more:
    [email protected] (this is the main one)
  2. [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
  3. [email protected]
    [email protected] ( this email used for paypal - even the description of the payment is- 'gone gone domains', so probably a sign)

He owns close to 2k domains, 90% of them adult domains.

These are the namepros accounts that I have found related to him:
    gotchadomains- this is his current username
    domainsupermarket- closed in 2009 after non payment of tens of domains:
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/#post-3666192
    This is his domain blog from 2009, you can see that both, the username and him owned the same domains: http://domainsupermarket.blogspot.ro/ and a whois check from 2009 will show exactly the same thing
    tropicaldomains- closed in 2017 after multiple bad reviews, this username and his email address [email protected] owned in the same time multiple domains https://www.namepros.com/threads/hackanyone-com.995098/
    crazydomaindeals- closed in 2010, after multiple bad reviews, the username and his email address showed that it's the same person, owning the same domains: https://www.namepros.com/threads/premiumbacklinks-org-1-start-auction.767656/
    brandxdomains- this account is still live, he's using as well the email address: [email protected] with this account, they look and act the same: multiple domains related to them in the same time, most of them adult domains and a buying and selling rush
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/cliqqo-com-dysner-bricle-clearzo-1-start-lot.847779/
    He has lots of activity on tens of forums, selling domains on adult forums as well, he has lots of ebay accounts closing them every few weeks and opening others, but keeps also one main account.
  4. If you google his domains and email addresses you can find lots of complains like this one, from ripoffreport: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...ld-me-a-domain-name-but-did-not-transf-988444
I wonder how come nobody noticed in the last 10 years what this guy is doing and why the users who were cheated by him( I know at least 30-40 namepros users) didn't complaint enough so that he can be discovered earlier. Please share if you have any new email or name used by this guy, maybe we will find out the full extent of the story.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
He was not using this username to do chargebacks and not paying the domain, he was using other usernames which he was keeping them for a few months and than closing, so that it will not affect his rating. The same thing is with ebay, one main account with tons of good rating, mostly for 1-2$ domains...and lots of small accounts with bad rating which he closes them and open new one's....the best cover ever. And I'm sure that he uses other active accounts as well.
Why are you creating a "fraud alert" for an account that you now admit has not taken part in any fraudulent behavior? (chargebacks)

•••
Why are you creating a "fraud alert" for an account that you now admit has not taken part in any fraudulent behavior? (chargebacks)
Because it's the same person...this is the fraud. If you are using 5-10-50 accounts for the same person, and some you are using them for bad things and some for good, people should not be aware that it's the same person?

•••
Just the multitude of accounts and it's raising a bell...why you need so many? Also, it's just fair that users who traded with you using the other accounts, and which lost money, they should know how you are.

•••
I never had a problem with this buyer doing a chargeback however there's been plenty of times where it was difficult to get the seller to pay for a domain

•••
I never had a problem with this buyer doing a chargeback however there's been plenty of times where it was difficult to get the seller to pay for a domain
The same story is said by others as well, but he made the mistake to use that fatidic email getting paid, otherwise would have been harder to prove. My main question is how many other accounts he has?

Last edited:
•••
I can't give you an exact number but I've seen multiple accounts for a long time

•••
I can't give you an exact number but I've seen multiple accounts for a long time
Yes, but it's not fair, we should know who he is and what he has done before...then we can decide if we want to deal with him...I just think that's fair

•••
MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS??? Surely this one should be enough to get him/her banned because i remember very clear that multi account not allowed here on Namepros.

•••
MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS??? Surely this one should be enough to get him/her banned because i remember very clear that multi account not allowed here on Namepros.
I think he could be aloud if he ask's permission and if the other account is in good standing, but I don't think that they knew about so many of them. Also, he has multiple paypal accounts, I have sent them all the data and they have started an investigation, but it could take a couple of weeks. After that, they will send everything to ebay, at least he will be stopped for some time.

•••
Our policy is that multiple Business Accounts are allowed as long as there aren't any serious rule violations on any of their accounts. Most of the incidents on these accounts have been due to failing to complete a deal in a timely manner, such as agreeing to buy a domain and then deciding not to go through with the deal, which results in a Bad Business infraction on their account.

Once we realize that a member is causing trouble and has multiple accounts, we shut down all of their accounts and force them to use only one (That one account might be closed too). Multiple Business Accounts are only for rule-abiding members. ;)

We're investigating the data provided to see if anything has been missed and any further actions need to be taken.

Thanks for helping,

•••
Our policy is that multiple Business Accounts are allowed as long as there aren't any serious rule violations on any of their accounts.

Besides NP making extra money for themselves with that setup, why in the world would multiple business accounts be ok? Why would someone need more than 1 business account?

ha, I just saw this:

No limit on the number of business accounts +++

https://www.namepros.com/pages/account-levels/

How is that not just inviting problems? No limit?

Last edited:
•••
Besides NP making extra money for themselves with that setup, why in the world would multiple business accounts be ok? Why would someone need more than 1 business account?

ha, I just saw this:

How is that not just inviting problems?
Let's say it's not such a big deal, but if one guy has 10 accounts and 2k positive feedback and 40 negative feedback for all of them together, should be stated in each of his accounts all his rating, so that it doesn't happen like in this case, where you close an account from which you didn't paid one guy for 25 domains or that you have another account with 8 negative feedbacks, you just close it and open another one. You should inherit all the negative feedback from one account to another and all accounts should be connected between them, like this we can decide for ourselves if we want to deal with him or not.

•••
I bought 38 domains from him/her, in Jan 2017. He used that rford email address in whois, went by the name Reynaldo Reyes and his PayPal email used domainliquidators gmail. Was using tropicaldomains username on NP at that time.
I sent payment first, he sent me the domains. Got no problem in that deal, though he was constantly messaging to complete the deal asap.

•••
•••
I bought 38 domains from him/her, in Jan 2017. He used that rford email address in whois, went by the name Reynaldo Reyes and his PayPal email used domainliquidators gmail. Was using tropicaldomains username on NP at that time.
I sent payment first, he sent me the domains. Got no problem in that deal, though he was constantly messaging to complete the deal asap.
Around 10 email addresses used until now and around 6 names or alternatives of the same name...if he is so honest, why he needs so many emails, accounts, paypal accounts, ebay accounts and others?
That rford email looks like it's the center of everything.

Last edited:
•••

Exactly!

Took over a week for paypal.

•••
Some new info: I found out three other email addresses used(over 10 now) and two more possible accounts (until is not 100% I will not public them) and @promo was right for a small fraction: I think that he was dealing with a women some times, but nothing to do with Abbe Ortega. Her name is Rose Ford and I think that Randall Ruben Ford is her husband. They both use all accounts, so that why was so big difference of personalities. They have accounts at tens of adult websites, so probably here the husband was in action. They have complaints all over, not just here, a few other forums, ebay and other websites. She knows about everything, because a few months ago she used that email [email protected] where she was working, so she's aware of everything. I have received a few emails with info about them and peoples want to keep their identity private, so I will respect that.
I will update from time to time.

Last edited:
•••

ha, I just saw this:

How is that not just inviting problems? No limit?
Individuals and companies are distinct entities, and therefore, they deserve distinct accounts. For example, we have multiple users with personal accounts who work for GoDaddy, and there is also a company account for GoDaddy. Logically, this makes sense. If any of those personal accounts who work for GoDaddy want to login to the company GoDaddy account to provide support, that is a reasonable thing to do and allowed.

Some members also have multiple businesses and/or work with multiple companies, and it makes sense for each business to have its own identity on NamePros for the same reason. Distinct identities are especially important if those companies have more than one person who work for them, but it's also sensible to have a distinction when it's only a single person behind each company.

With that in mind, it would be impractical for us to enforce that every Business Account be a separate business, so in order to allow the scenarios that I described before, the rules are simple: everyone is allowed one personal account and an unlimited number of Business Accounts, if all of their accounts are in good standing.

If anyone would like to discuss our policies further, please create a new thread.

Thanks for understanding,

•••
you close an account from which you didn't paid one guy for 25 domains or that you have another account with 8 negative feedbacks, you just close it and open another one. You should inherit all the negative feedback from one account to another and all accounts should be connected between them, like this we can decide for ourselves if we want to deal with him or not.
As I explained, if the accounts are not in good standing, then they're only allowed to use one account and all other accounts of theirs are closed.

Edit: To clarify, "Bad Business" infractions on an account mean they are not in good standing. As soon as we find out that an account holder with that infraction has created new accounts, those new accounts are closed.

Last edited:
•••
As I explained, if the accounts are not in good standing, then they're only allowed to use one account and all other accounts of theirs are closed.
I understand and that sounds fair enough. But if all the other accounts are closed and he will keep the one with the most positive rating, how fair it will be for guys like @Ralph2472 , who lost 26 domains because of him and he was never paid( https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/#post-3666192 ), without knowing, he could do again business with him, [email protected] will not be punished in any way for what he did and if he did it once, he will do it again. And it's not the only complain, there are tens, I was reading some post regarding him in which one user was saying that [email protected], with one of his accounts started the chargeback after a few months, he could not even remember about which domain was about and didn't even left a negative feedback, he just didn't cared anymore. So it's not like one time story and to not pay intentionally 26 domains, that shows something about the character of the user.

•••
But if all the other accounts are closed and he will keep the one with the most positive rating
They don't get to choose which account they keep open.

for guys like @Ralph2472 , who lost 26 domains because of him and he was never paid( https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/#post-3666192 ), without knowing, he could do again business with him, [email protected] will not be punished in any way for what he did and if he did it once, he will do it again.
That incident is from 2009 and that member has been banned since 2009. Until your research, there was no evidence or reports that the account was connected to any other accounts. If there was a confirmed match, all newer accounts would have been closed. We are confirming the match ourselves in light of the new evidence you've presented and will take the appropriate actions once we complete our investigation.

Thanks for reporting,

•••
They don't get to choose which account they keep open.

That incident is from 2009 and that member has been banned since 2009. Until your research, there was no evidence or reports that the account was connected to any other accounts. If there was a confirmed match, all newer accounts would have been closed. We are confirming the match ourselves in light of the new evidence you've presented and will take the appropriate actions once we complete our investigation.

Thanks for reporting,
It's a perfect match with gotchadomains, brandxdomains and the others. You can see here some of domainsupermarket domains, trying to sell them: https://www.namepros.com/threads/hot-keyword-domain-names-for-sale-submit-your-offers.596222/, and here at his blog you can see the same email address rford62gmail.com and some of the same domains from the thread, like knottshairyfarm.com: http://domainsupermarket.blogspot.ro/, and the same email address [email protected] you will find it if you check some of domains for sale of gotchadomains whois, where he doesn't have privacy. From what I can see, the connection is complete.

•••
So, gotchadomains account has been closed, some of the others are closed for long time already, but for sure he has a few other accounts, so if somebody can help with any other info regarding other accounts and these emails, please let us know.

•••
•••
My question is to all namePros admins.

What kind of precautions taken against scammers on namePros who already get their accounts closed?

Or let me rephrase my question, is there any afford to keep scammers away from registering new accounts here?

This is a big concern.

Isn`t there any type of software or filtering tool to check all the banned ip addresses from re-registering new accounts, so you can keep this place scammer free?

Proxy and Vpn is also no big deal since you can block all the ip addresses used by such services.

I don`t get it, how scammers keep coming in and out.

Is deleting accounts the only way how namePros deal with this situation?

Looking for a clean explanation please.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back