IT.COM

alert Fraud Alert: One person using multiple accounts - chargebacks and domains not delivered for years

NameSilo
Watch

boker

Top Member
Impact
The story starts with one mistake from my side, when I forget to delist one domain sold a few days earlier. The guy post SOLD, I send him my paypal and he's paying...after half of hour when I wanted to push the domains, I notice that I don't own one of them anymore, apologize and I'm telling him to choose another name or I will refund his 2$.
After that, he starts being aggressive and say something like his in domaining for years but never happend something like this in his entire life....now, I start thinking how come a guy with an account opened a few days before can be so aggressive and can say that his domaining all his life, so I start checking what I can about him. This is the result of my investigation:

The guy has multiple namepros accounts, most of them he's using them for a few months, do some chargebacks or not paying for domains after he take's possession, closing them and opening new one's. He has also multiple paypal accounts and also multiple ebay accounts and he's doing it at least from 2009, but he's bragging on some sites that he's in domaining from 2002

His name is Randall Ford Ruben,( using alternatively Randy Ruben or Ford Ruben as well) and his using also Abbe Orteza or Mike Garey(probably others as well) also his using some companies names, like: Domain Administrators of America LLC and Domain Pawn, Domain Pawn Shop, the main address is from Van Nuys, California, 54 years old, but he uses addresses from Arizona and Tucson and Canada as well, his current username is gotchadomains, 25 days old account, buying, selling and bidding on tens of domains, so the same 'modus operandi' as the other accounts
  1. He uses multiple emails and phone numbers, I have found at least 7 of them, but for sure there are more:
    [email protected] (this is the main one)
  2. [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
  3. [email protected]
    [email protected] ( this email used for paypal - even the description of the payment is- 'gone gone domains', so probably a sign)

He owns close to 2k domains, 90% of them adult domains.

These are the namepros accounts that I have found related to him:
    gotchadomains- this is his current username
    domainsupermarket- closed in 2009 after non payment of tens of domains:
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/#post-3666192
    This is his domain blog from 2009, you can see that both, the username and him owned the same domains: http://domainsupermarket.blogspot.ro/ and a whois check from 2009 will show exactly the same thing
    tropicaldomains- closed in 2017 after multiple bad reviews, this username and his email address [email protected] owned in the same time multiple domains https://www.namepros.com/threads/hackanyone-com.995098/
    crazydomaindeals- closed in 2010, after multiple bad reviews, the username and his email address showed that it's the same person, owning the same domains: https://www.namepros.com/threads/premiumbacklinks-org-1-start-auction.767656/
    brandxdomains- this account is still live, he's using as well the email address: [email protected] with this account, they look and act the same: multiple domains related to them in the same time, most of them adult domains and a buying and selling rush
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/cliqqo-com-dysner-bricle-clearzo-1-start-lot.847779/
    He has lots of activity on tens of forums, selling domains on adult forums as well, he has lots of ebay accounts closing them every few weeks and opening others, but keeps also one main account.
  4. If you google his domains and email addresses you can find lots of complains like this one, from ripoffreport: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...ld-me-a-domain-name-but-did-not-transf-988444
I wonder how come nobody noticed in the last 10 years what this guy is doing and why the users who were cheated by him( I know at least 30-40 namepros users) didn't complaint enough so that he can be discovered earlier. Please share if you have any new email or name used by this guy, maybe we will find out the full extent of the story.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My question is to all namePros admins.

What kind of precautions taken against scammers on namePros who already get their accounts closed?

Or let me rephrase my question, is there any afford to keep scammers away from registering new accounts here?

This is a big concern.

Isn`t there any type of software or filtering tool to check all the banned ip addresses from re-registering new accounts, so you can keep this place scammer free?

Proxy and Vpn is also no big deal since you can block all the ip addresses used by such services.

I don`t get it, how scammers keep coming in and out.

Is deleting accounts the only way how namePros deal with this situation?

Looking for a clean explanation please.

Thanks
Until one of the mods will reply, I just want to say that I think that he was not banned because nobody complaint about him as being a scammer, after receiving a few negative reviews, he was closing the account and was opening a new one, using another email address and different names, so nobody knew that is the same person. You could have given him a negative review today, but deal with him next week again using another account, so you weren't aware that you are dealing with the same person. Also, if I understand right, users are allowed multiple business accounts, as long as they were not scammers or had bad business infraction (on the other hand, all these accounts should have some business infractions because each of them had between 1 and 8 negative reviews, so in principle, they should not have been able to open any other accounts)

Last edited:
•••
Until one of the mods will reply, I just want to say that I think that he was not banned because nobody complaint about him as being a scammer, after receiving a few negative reviews, he was closing the account and was opening a new one, using another email address and different names, so nobody knew that is the same person. You could have given him a negative review today, but deal with him next week again using another account, so you weren't aware that you are dealing with the same person. Also, if I understand right, users are allowed multiple business accounts, as long as they were not scammers or had bad business infraction (on the other hand, all these accounts should have some business infractions because each of them had between 1 and 8 negative reviews, so in principle, they should not have been able to open any other accounts)

No what I mean is once a scammer is spotted you can reach his ip address right? No matter if he creates a new account or not, cause he will be using the same ip address.

Or even he might use vpn or proxy yet the ip addresses for such services are easy to determine. So if you ban those ip s they wont be able to reach namePros.

•••
banning certain ip might be troublesome because in some part of this worlds were one ip used for several or even hundred households :D

•••
banning certain ip might be troublesome because in some part of this worlds were one ip used for several or even hundred households :D
I don't think that there are to many parts of the world like this and even if there are a few, what are the chances to find different namepros users a few blocks away? Also, if it's the case, they can send a special request, prove that they are different users and mods can choose not to ban the ip's in that area, but otherwise will be hard to control the rest of the world without banning ip's, because they can have an unlimited number of email addresses and unlimited number of names. Another way is to get them verified exactly like flippa, namejet and others, with id, credit card on the same name and all the data to be the same in whois as well.

•••
What kind of precautions taken against scammers on namePros who already get their accounts closed?

Or let me rephrase my question, is there any afford to keep scammers away from registering new accounts here?
Of course. That's why every account reported in this thread except one was already restricted or closed by us before boker did any research or ever created this thread. ;)

Isn`t there any type of software or filtering tool to check all the banned ip addresses from re-registering new accounts, so you can keep this place scammer free?
Yes, we have that.

No what I mean is once a scammer is spotted you can reach his ip address right?
No, consumer IP addresses change. Very few consumer IP addresses are static for long.

what are the chances to find different namepros users a few blocks away?
This statement vastly underestimates the amount of users on NamePros and how IP addresses work throughout the world.

Proxy and Vpn is also no big deal since you can block all the ip addresses used by such services.
We've been doing that for years, but new proxies, new VPNs, and other tunnels are created daily.

Our technology for this is as good or better than any other industry site, but no system can catch everything 100% of the time without manual KYC verification (And even that's not perfect). That's why we're fortunate to have a community of members who can do manual investigations and alert us to suspicious activities.

Again, if you want to discuss these things or our policies, you need to create a new thread.

Please stay on topic.

•••
You sold a name that you did not own and you are whining and posted all of her/his personal information here. For Go Sake it's only a $2 transaction.

You are at fault and you need to work out with them vs trying to defend yourself here.

Give me a BREAK!

•••
You sold a name that you did not own and you are whining and posted all of her/his personal information here. For Go Sake it's only a $2 transaction.

You are at fault and you need to work out with them vs trying to defend yourself here.

Give me a BREAK!
So, let me understand. You want to say that before you post anything for sale at namepros, it's not listed 'for sale' anywhere else? You're jocking. For example, the last domain sold through afternic premium network, they let me know that is was sold and removed from my registrar after 24 hours, when the domain was long gone from my account and everybody could have been posted 'SOLD' here and I could not do anything about it.

'to work it out with them' SO I should have asked them money not to divulge what they are doing or what you want to say? So, you catch a crock or a thief and you start thinking how you can 'work it out with them'? GIVE ME A BREAK

I understand that you have dealt multiple times with them, but you should be objective, a crock is a crock. He is using multiple false names, multiple false accounts and multiple usernames, specially for deceiving. If you will check all his accounts and see how many peoples complained about him, paying weeks later, or giving them other names,worse than what they were selling and other stuff like this, they could have over 100 negative feedback until now and this is just regarding namepros. You should check the 'ripoffreport' complains and others, before commenting here. He is doing the same thing all over, not just here. You want to say that we should hide this? It's a civic obligation and even you can be held responsible in some countries, if you find out about a felony and you don't say it publicly or you go to authorities. For your information, I didn't do just that, I made a complaint with paypal as well and hired a lawyer to make a proper file which will be sent to Arizona authorities when we will have all the data.

Last edited:
•••
Confirmed account matches of member @BrandXDomains:
  1. @domainauctioneers
  2. @DomainSupermarket
  3. @crazydomaindeals
  4. @DomainAuthorities
  5. @TropicalDomains
  6. @DomainLiquidators
  7. @DomainFactory
  8. @DomainDisposers
  9. @Mike Garey
  10. @GotchaDomains

All of these accounts were closed or restricted prior to this thread. However, this member has gone to great lengths over the years to attempt to bypass our detection mechanisms, resulting in some instances where it took us longer than others to detect them.

We are still investigating but wanted to share this information as an update.

Hope this helps,

•••
There are some data talking about close to 40 emails connected to the same user, waiting to receive all the data, compare it with what I have and will update. New names used by the same user added: Lorena Aquino( Lori), Gabby, Reynaldo Reyes, Mike Garey, others will be added soon.

Last edited:
•••
There are some data talking about close to 40 emails connected to the same user, waiting to receive all the data, compare it with what I have and will update. New names used by the same user added: Lorena Aquino( Lori), Gabby, Reynaldo Reyes, Mike Garey, others will be added soon.
AWESOME so we could easily removed this freaking scammer out of our community

•••
A new email confirmed as used by the same user: [email protected], used under names Abbe Orteza, Reynaldo Reyes and Lorena Aquino

•••
Thanks for this information.

•••
Surprised to hear this story, dealt with @crazydomaindeals years back on Namepros and all my transactions with him/her was nothing but smooth on here. Slightly unfair he/she do not have the opportunity to defend themselves. Multiple Business accounts should NOT be allowed in my opinion but the reality is bills need to be paid so perhaps if the accounts can be linked in some way to maintain the integrity of the platform that could be a good compromise. Thanks @boker for bringing this up in any event but the $2 failed transaction was clearly the fault on your part it has happened to us all I deal with it by offering some kind apology or in some few cases financial compensation to avoid a negative business Rep..

•••
Surprised to hear this story, dealt with @crazydomaindeals years back on Namepros and all my transactions with him/her was nothing but smooth on here. Slightly unfair he/she do not have the opportunity to defend themselves. Multiple Business accounts should NOT be allowed in my opinion but the reality is bills need to be paid so perhaps if the accounts can be linked in some way to maintain the integrity of the platform that could be a good compromise. Thanks @boker for bringing this up in any event but the $2 failed transaction was clearly the fault on your part it has happened to us all I deal with it by offering some kind apology or in some few cases financial compensation to avoid a negative business Rep..
He has the opportunity to defend himself, he was PM me couple of days ago from on of his other accounts....I think that he does not say anything, because there isn't to much to say, just blaming others, group of investors and stories like this. Half an hour after we agreed I apologized and offered money back or another name from my lists, most of them more expensive, but he was just aggressive and he threatened, there was no point talking with him. After I start checking him out and find out was he was doing, than for sure I didn't wanted anything to do with him. It's one thing when it's a mistake or out of your control, it happened with me as well and I didn't act like this and it's something else when you are malintended, looking for ways to trick peoples. This was his main strategy, to keep one account clean, for trading and lots of other small accounts, which he could closed them and open new one's, the same thing is doing at ebay as well.

•••
The story starts with one mistake from my side, when I forget to delist one domain sold a few days earlier. The guy post SOLD, I send him my paypal and he's paying...after half of hour when I wanted to push the domains, I notice that I don't own one of them anymore, apologize and I'm telling him to choose another name or I will refund his 2$.
After that, he starts being aggressive and say something like his in domaining for years but never happend something like this in his entire life....now, I start thinking how come a guy with an account opened a few days before can be so aggressive and can say that his domaining all his life, so I start checking what I can about him. This is the result of my investigation:

The guy has multiple namepros accounts, most of them he's using them for a few months, do some chargebacks or not paying for domains after he take's possession, closing them and opening new one's. He has also multiple paypal accounts and also multiple ebay accounts and he's doing it at least from 2009, but he's bragging on some sites that he's in domaining from 2002

His name is Randall Ford Ruben,( using alternatively Randy Ruben or Ford Ruben as well) and his using also Abbe Orteza or Mike Garey(probably others as well) also his using some companies names, like: Domain Administrators of America LLC and Domain Pawn, Domain Pawn Shop, the main address is from Van Nuys, California, 54 years old, but he uses addresses from Arizona and Tucson and Canada as well, his current username is gotchadomains, 25 days old account, buying, selling and bidding on tens of domains, so the same 'modus operandi' as the other accounts
  1. He uses multiple emails and phone numbers, I have found at least 7 of them, but for sure there are more:
    [email protected] (this is the main one)
  2. [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
    [email protected]
  3. [email protected]
    [email protected] ( this email used for paypal - even the description of the payment is- 'gone gone domains', so probably a sign)

He owns close to 2k domains, 90% of them adult domains.

These are the namepros accounts that I have found related to him:
    gotchadomains- this is his current username
    domainsupermarket- closed in 2009 after non payment of tens of domains:
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/non-payment-by-domainsupermarket.610023/#post-3666192
    This is his domain blog from 2009, you can see that both, the username and him owned the same domains: http://domainsupermarket.blogspot.ro/ and a whois check from 2009 will show exactly the same thing
    tropicaldomains- closed in 2017 after multiple bad reviews, this username and his email address [email protected] owned in the same time multiple domains https://www.namepros.com/threads/hackanyone-com.995098/
    crazydomaindeals- closed in 2010, after multiple bad reviews, the username and his email address showed that it's the same person, owning the same domains: https://www.namepros.com/threads/premiumbacklinks-org-1-start-auction.767656/
    brandxdomains- this account is still live, he's using as well the email address: [email protected] with this account, they look and act the same: multiple domains related to them in the same time, most of them adult domains and a buying and selling rush
    https://www.namepros.com/threads/cliqqo-com-dysner-bricle-clearzo-1-start-lot.847779/
    He has lots of activity on tens of forums, selling domains on adult forums as well, he has lots of ebay accounts closing them every few weeks and opening others, but keeps also one main account.
  4. If you google his domains and email addresses you can find lots of complains like this one, from ripoffreport: http://www.ripoffreport.com/reports...ld-me-a-domain-name-but-did-not-transf-988444
I wonder how come nobody noticed in the last 10 years what this guy is doing and why the users who were cheated by him( I know at least 30-40 namepros users) didn't complaint enough so that he can be discovered earlier. Please share if you have any new email or name used by this guy, maybe we will find out the full extent of the story.
Good to know..thanks for sharing the info

•••
I just looked up all of those account usernames Eric posted that this person has had in my Direct Messages box and only see 1 interaction between me and him/her. I bought a domain from "BrandXDomains" .
The transaction went perfect and there were no red flags at all for me.
That person went by the name of Abbe,
and their PP email was [email protected].

I swear I have done transactions with the @crazydomaindeals member a few years back, but I cant find any messages to/from that username. Weird.

But back to Abbe/BrandXDomains user, my experience was a good one as I was the buyer.

•••
thank you Paul for all of these.

Really appreciated for the information

•••
•••
wait so. . . boker tried to sell brandx a domain that wasn't his, then brandx got mad. . . so boker decided to get brandx banned and called him a scammer, even though everyone else had 0 problems with brandx.

k. I think you're just trying to remove your negative review:

upload_2017-9-21_3-42-45.png

I, too, came close to getting a negative review when someone had a 24 hours payment deadline. I'm still lucky enough not to have a negative review.

I'm not sure what it feels like to have your review record tarnished. But it's certainly childish to smear the other person into oblivion in hopes that your negative review will disappear. . .

Last edited:
•••
wait so. . . boker tried to sell brandx a domain that wasn't his, then brandx got mad. . . so boker decided to get brandx banned and called him a scammer, even though everyone else had 0 problems with brandx.

k.
No, I didn't called him, I have proved it, you can request Eric to give you all the data he has if he want's and if you don't trust peoples. And with Brandx lots of users had issues, the only thing is that they were not aware that they were dealing with him because he was using new accounts, which he was closing them after they get to 'used' and with lots of complaints. You should google the data and see some ripoff reports about him or blog post about stolen names by him before you arrive to a smart conclusion. I wonder how easy is for some to talk, if they didn't got cheated by him, but other 30-40-100 got, than for sure he has to be a serious person. Doesn't matter that he is stealing from others as long as he is not stealing from you.

•••
No, I didn't called him, I have proved it, you can request Eric to give you all the data he has if he want's and if you don't trust peoples. And with Brandx lots of users had issues, the only thing is that they were not aware that they were dealing with him because he was using new accounts, which he was closing them after they get to 'used' and with lots of complaints. You should google the data and see some ripoff reports about him or blog post about stolen names by him before you arrive to a smart conclusion. I wonder how easy is for some to talk, if they didn't got cheated by him, but other 30-40-100 got, than for sure he has to be a serious person. Doesn't matter that he is stealing from others as long as he is not stealing from you.
I went through @crazydomaindeals negative reviews. . . there's 8. I wasn't going to go through all 30 pages of reviews to read the 8, but from the 4 or 5 I saw, he didn't steal from anyone. He just bid and didn't pay after winning. . . That's not really stealing.

•••

k. I think you're just trying to remove your negative review:

Show attachment 69332

I, too, came close to getting a negative review when someone had a 24 hours payment deadline. I'm still lucky enough not to have a negative review.

I'm not sure what it feels like to have your review record tarnished. But it's certainly childish to smear the other person into oblivion in hopes that your negative review will disappear. . .
I didn't asked anybody to remove anything and I don't care. And to prove you how trustable I am and why don't I care about a negative review coming from a crock, I can tell you that I have over 1K worth of domains, which I have sold months ago, close to 1 year, that are still in my possession and I've had much more of them( worth of thousands) which were moved not long ago. So, I can do my business when I'm trustworthy even if a crock is trying to change things.

•••
I went through @crazydomaindeals negative reviews. . . there's 8. I wasn't going to go through all 30 pages of reviews to read the 8, but from the 4 or 5 I saw, he didn't steal from anyone. He just bid and didn't pay after winning. . . That's not really stealing.
You should ask than the guy who lost 26 domains, which were never paid by brandx and also he never wanted to give them back, he just closed his account. Or the guys who sold him domains and he started chargebacks after 4-5 months, so that they even can't remember which domains were, but for chargebacks at 10-20$, they didn't bothered to fight him. Or the guy who lost hundreds, because he paid by paypal friends and family and he never answered afterwords. And the story goes over and over. I think if you really want to have a big picture of what he is doing you should spend some time checking him out and after that than let me know if you still want to have something to do with him.

Last edited:
•••
@boker .. Thanks for all this investigation. (y)

•••
Thanks for the work @boker from what Eric posted it seems like something was going on here. Whether some had successful transactions @Eric Lyon said it all right here with the following, All of these accounts were closed or restricted prior to this thread. However, this member has gone to great lengths over the years to attempt to bypass our detection mechanisms, resulting in some instances where it took us longer than others to detect them.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back