NameSilo

question Expired domain. How many days before $80?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So had a bunch of domains expire. There was an issue with the card.:shy::banghead::jawdrop::nailbiting:(n)

So they tell me yea yea it's "recoverable" .....sureeeeeee! @$80 a pop!

They said I only had 18 days "window of opportunity" to renew normally.

I misunderstood thinking I had 45 days.

Why did I think this??! Is 45 days the time for something else?

I think my other domains also expired over at another registration ( same card issue).

That registrar I think if I remember correctly said I had 45 days.

Did this other registrar change their grace period?

I do recall with with this "problem" registrar that they give you 45 days to delete domains you autorenewed for full refund.

Could that have confused me?

The domains are with a GoDaddy reseller.

Can someone clarify this for me?

I'm assuming these time frames are the same with all registrars.

I have a scheduled phone call with the rep later today.

He said he will work out a deal for the domains that expired past the 18 days.

With a "significant" discount.:ROFL::banghead:(y)>:(

Now I wonder how much "discount" from $80 can there be?(n):nailbiting:

I bet it will be $50? I'd be happy with $20 but probably going to be $30-$40.

Any advice ?

Did different registrar's have different redemption periods?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Avtar629 you are far better, Dotster say it sold my domain in auction after 30 days expiry not even grace period reached. I am fighting it out . Guys look out your domain at domain.com registry,

Good to know. Thanks for the reminder. I have domains there from $1.99 specials. need to liquidate before that $9.99 renewals hit.

•••
@Avtar629 - you don't have to tell GD anything

There is a one issue - did you have privacy on any of the domains before they expired?

You can do a BULK Auth Code request and get every auth code at once rather than futz with them one by one

https://www.godaddy.com/help/get-authorization-code-via-download-19030

Hey! what's up Usernamex! Thanks for the tip. That "phone" call today?

SKIPPED.

I don't LIKE the fact that guy was playing me for a FOOL.

Stuff like this I'm sure the average Person much less a domainer would have fallen for the "kindness".

It's like begging someone to not crap on your face and then they don't out of the kindness of their hearts. but then they "I gotta piss on you instead." and you just sit there and take it because you don't know any better!

I bet that rep would have gotten a bonus for getting me to accept paying $40-$50 on a domain that could have been $80.

Love how they neglect to mention that I can simply transfer out. easy peesy.

Can't really blame them though. I'd probably do the same.

Dog Eat Dog out there. For Reals.

Thanks Namepros!

•••
update. I clicked "Send Authorization"
Result : No email yet. Sent to my inbox.
Went and tried to send out again but when I went to expired domains list section. Shows all the domains Pending Update.

Called them.

Tiger (kid you not. That's the rep name) said that they were updating their systems and that's why it's showing it.

But even he said I might not have the option to transfer because it's been over 10-15 days past expiration.

It's like they are all using the same script.

That plus I'm guessing it's "STANDARD OPERATING PROCEDURE" to just say that.

like when it DOUBT just say "I THINK if you are past 10-15 days of expiration you can't transfer."

Nice enough kid. Means well but I guess in thee end just ROBOTS.

So now I gotta just keep trying. to resend Authorization.

Told them the oldest domain I'm trying to transfer expired July 10th. It's now August 4th. it's 6 days till 30 days.

Are these reps just not properly informed on purpose or do they JUST KNOW and choose not to give the 411 or else lose their jobs?

•••
Check one name in whois and look what is written admin email! Is it your mail or Godaddys?

•••
•••
Check one name in whois and look what is written admin email! Is it your mail or Godaddys?

did that. it no longer shows my other info. only company name and my name. It could be this whole Update supposedly going on?

or they just trying to be sneaky and prevent me from transferring? or trying to keep my domains for themselves.?

•••
•••
I have found this on CheapDomain.com. You have 42 days: Call them again and explain they should apply this rules asap and give you the auth codes!
Transferring Expired Domain Names
Print this Article
Last Updated: October 21, 2016 2:42 PM

If your domain name has expired, you can still transfer it to another registrar during the renewal grace period.

If your expired domain has Private Registration enabled, you will not be able to transfer it. Privacy cannot be removed from an expired domain.

You must complete the transfer during its grace period before the domain name falls into "redemption," which is when the domain name begins its transfer back to the registry for someone else to register it. The length of the grace period differs by domain name extension. Most general top-level domain name extensions (gTLDs) like .com and .net have a 42-day grace period between expiration and redemption. Country-code extensions (ccTLDs) like .ca and .jp might have very different grace periods or no grace period at all.

Domains Registered Elsewhere
You should be able to transfer expired domain names to us as well, but you will need to contact your existing registrar to verify. If you can transfer the domain to us, see:

Domains Registered with CheapDomain.com
For domain names within the grace period, you can transfer them to other registrars.

To Transfer Expired Domain Names
  1. Unlock the domain name.
  2. Get the domain name's authorization code, if required.
  3. Initiate and authorize the transfer with your new registrar. Once the transfer is authorized, we notify you of the pending transfer.
  4. Accept or deny the transfer.
Once the transfer is authorized, it automatically completes within 5 days.

•••
I have found this on CheapDomain.com. You have 42 days: Call them again and explain they should apply this rules asap and give you the auth codes!
Transferring Expired Domain Names
Print this Article
Last Updated: October 21, 2016 2:42 PM

If your domain name has expired, you can still transfer it to another registrar during the renewal grace period.

If your expired domain has Private Registration enabled, you will not be able to transfer it. Privacy cannot be removed from an expired domain.

You must complete the transfer during its grace period before the domain name falls into "redemption," which is when the domain name begins its transfer back to the registry for someone else to register it. The length of the grace period differs by domain name extension. Most general top-level domain name extensions (gTLDs) like .com and .net have a 42-day grace period between expiration and redemption. Country-code extensions (ccTLDs) like .ca and .jp might have very different grace periods or no grace period at all.

Domains Registered Elsewhere
You should be able to transfer expired domain names to us as well, but you will need to contact your existing registrar to verify. If you can transfer the domain to us, see:

Domains Registered with CheapDomain.com
For domain names within the grace period, you can transfer them to other registrars.

To Transfer Expired Domain Names
  1. Unlock the domain name.
  2. Get the domain name's authorization code, if required.
  3. Initiate and authorize the transfer with your new registrar. Once the transfer is authorized, we notify you of the pending transfer.
  4. Accept or deny the transfer.
Once the transfer is authorized, it automatically completes within 5 days.

see that crap? and that Rep sounded so convincing!

so as per the instructions.

I have to Unlock first? is that dangerous?

because I did not unlock do you think that's why the authorization codes weren't sent?

•••
Unlock them first and then try to get the codes. If you will not get them call again - they should help you!

•••
Lol @Avtar629 you didnt unlock and expected to get authorization code, WTF. :xf.grin:

•••
well I didn't know! wtf I look like? the Einstein of Domaining?

lol

ok so did that. Still no email with my auth codes?

you guys think it's this System Update BS they are saying is the cause? or are they just trying to run down the time so my domains will delete?

should I contact them back and have them manually send me the auth codes? they can do that manually right? all registrars should right? whats preventing them from doing so besides trying to steal my domains?

also update. got into my NameSilo account. looks cool. never really had my domains in there.

by the way. not sure if I did that 2FA bs with this CheapDomain account. Could THAT be causing the issue with getting the auth codes?

Last edited:
•••
How much time since there has been no email? Yes call and tell them that you want Authorization codes right now, if they talk about system BS, then ask how much time will it take and show your dissatisfication, question that none of your customer can get authoriation codes? are you sure? take them for a task, follow up on the time they claim it will take for the system update or whatever excuse they are trying to give. I am quite sure it will be resolved.

•••
Depending how many names you have at godaddy, they may give you a break after 18 days and renew for $20 plus registration fee. I've done this many times, even when there were auction bids on the names.

Good to know that I have the option to transfer out to either name.com or Namesilo.

•••
Depending how many names you have at godaddy, they may give you a break after 18 days and renew for $20 plus registration fee. I've done this many times, even when there were auction bids on the names.

Good to know that I have the option to transfer out to either name.com or Namesilo.

I know right Mike??:xf.wink:

The $20 is Beer, a Shot and a movie. In that order! lol love going to movies drunk lol:smuggrin::wacky::dead:

•••
How much time since there has been no email? Yes call and tell them that you want Authorization codes right now, if they talk about system BS, then ask how much time will it take and show your dissatisfication, question that none of your customer can get authoriation codes? are you sure? take them for a task, follow up on the time they claim it will take for the system update or whatever excuse they are trying to give. I am quite sure it will be resolved.

they were saying call tomorrow???/ hmmmm I don't trust itO_o:bored::cautious::nailbiting::xf.rolleyes:

•••
they were saying call tomorrow???/ hmmmm I don't trust itO_o:bored::cautious::nailbiting::xf.rolleyes:

what reason did they gave? anyways wait for one day, dont listen to any excuse and be clear that you want authorization codes right at the moment you get them on call, dont appear as naive, make sure they know that you are aware that you can transfer the domains legitly, dont sound confused, be confident when you are talking with them. and you shall easily be able to get the codes.

PS every few hours you can keep trying to get authorization codes after unlocking. it may work randomly.

Last edited:
•••
what reason did they gave? anyways wait for one day, dont listen to any excuse and be clear that you want authorization codes right at the moment you get them on call, dont appear as naive, make sure they know that you are aware that you can transfer the domains legitly, dont sound confused, be confident when you are talking with them. and you shall easily be able to get the codes.

PS every few hours you can keep trying to get authorization codes after unlocking. it may work randomly.

Will do Kimosabe.

This Paduan will follow the Jedi Master. lol

Thanks. I've got all night.

•••
in some time , i need request 2 or 3 time for receive auth code from godaddy , i think that the system not like it .

In your case , your unique solution is transfer out the domains .

I transfer many domains out in this 40 days after expired data , now dynadot have copy godaddy and apply a $10 fee after +/- 20 days .

Need transfer out at other registrar for not pay any redemption fee at your registrar. ( I think , this fee , many endusers with 1-2 domains can pay it when not remember to renew the domains in the first days after expired data )

Last edited:
•••
didnt matter for me as i was able to transfer successfully..

follow the below steps

1. Log into your account.
2. Next to Domains click Manage.
3. From the Domains menu, select Expired Domains. You should see these names listed here.
4. Unlock the domains (hover your cursor over the green check marks and click to edit/change to unlock).
5. Select the domain you want to transfer out and then click Email Authorization.
6. you will receive transfer code in the email

Exactly what @DnFolk said here.

There was a similar thread to this one posted a couple months back.

https://www.namepros.com/threads/sh...daddy-or-let-these-go-euphemisms-net.1022779/

Last edited:
•••
@Avtar629 - you don't have to wait for the Auth Codes to be emailed if you do the "Export List" - you can just download it. The email notifying that it's ready seems to take hours, sometimes I never even get the email

From here - https://dcc.godaddy.com/dcc50/
on the upper part, the little yellow button with a plus sign that says "More", choose "Export List"

Name it something clear like - August 5 export auth codes

Then choose what to export, and make sure to check box "Auth Codes" and create your list.

Wait a minute, choose "More" then "Manage Exportable Lists" and you should be able to download it, if it isn't showing try again in a few minutes

Did a test earlier and exported five domains with Auth Codes, waited one minute the clicked "Manage Exportable Lists" and it was ready to download right away

Still no email an hour later

Export List
https://www.godaddy.com/help/creating-exportable-lists-in-the-domain-manager-3681

Download Exportable List
https://www.godaddy.com/help/download-exportable-lists-in-the-domain-manager-3678

And yes they are legit having slowness issues today

•••
After you get the auth codes, checkout LCN.com for the transfer rate
I think its the cheapest for transfers

•••
After you get the auth codes, checkout LCN.com for the transfer rate
I think its the cheapest for transfers

can do bulk? what's the max limit? and thanks!

Edit:

while we're at it.

ANY GOOD REGISTRARS WITH CHEAP BULK TRANSFERS?

Last edited:
•••
@Avtar629 Did you get the auth codes? Keep us updated! :xf.smile:

•••
I wonder. can you sell an expired domain to someone outside of say the usual marketplaces?

I mean I just got my whole list of auth codes finally.

lol since they were updating. (glad that wasn't BS)

I had requested a dozen times so now I have 12 requests for auth codes coming at my inbox for all the same domains.

I wonder now which ones to use? the latest ones I'm guessing?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back