IT.COM

question Expired domain. How many days before $80?

NameSilo
Watch

WhoaDomain.com

WhoaDomain.comTop Member
Impact
So had a bunch of domains expire. There was an issue with the card.:shy::banghead::jawdrop::nailbiting:(n)

So they tell me yea yea it's "recoverable" .....sureeeeeee! @$80 a pop!

They said I only had 18 days "window of opportunity" to renew normally.

I misunderstood thinking I had 45 days.

Why did I think this??! Is 45 days the time for something else?

I think my other domains also expired over at another registration ( same card issue).

That registrar I think if I remember correctly said I had 45 days.

Did this other registrar change their grace period?

I do recall with with this "problem" registrar that they give you 45 days to delete domains you autorenewed for full refund.

Could that have confused me?

The domains are with a GoDaddy reseller.

Can someone clarify this for me?

I'm assuming these time frames are the same with all registrars.

I have a scheduled phone call with the rep later today.

He said he will work out a deal for the domains that expired past the 18 days.

With a "significant" discount.:ROFL::banghead:(y)>:(

Now I wonder how much "discount" from $80 can there be?(n):nailbiting:

I bet it will be $50? I'd be happy with $20 but probably going to be $30-$40.

Any advice ?

Did different registrar's have different redemption periods?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will transfer it out!

lol slick! You mean actually GIVE you my domain? lol nice try!

(I would have done the same! lol)

but thanks!

•••
lol slick! You mean actually GIVE you my domain? lol nice try!

(I would have done the same! lol)

but thanks!
You don't get it. We will try with one and you will get the domain and save big dollars!

•••
wtf?? do you know I couldn't sleep last night?? lol because of this bull?

I can't believe this! I mean I SHOULD know this already.

And this rep acting like he was doing me some BIG FAVOR by giving me a great deal.

so if I tell them I want to transfer this domain. I'm sure he will say I can't.

what do I say then? is there some ICANN link I can show him that this is possible? any documentation anywhere?

IMO first you should start and complete the transfer, the above matter can be settled afterwards when you would be able to show them clearly with live example.

•••
Now Godaddy changing admin email after 15 days. So we could not transfer out like olden days on 40 th day.

•••
so has anyone ever experienced this same SNEAKINESS by Godaddy.

Them neglecting to mention this valuable OPTION??? only to sales pitch you on negotiating the $80 redemption fee?

I wish one of the old school "pros" of NP (no offense guys) can confirm all this stuff you guys are saying.

Thanks

•••
You don't get it. We will try with one and you will get the domain and save big dollars!

i see I see.

how much is namesilo reg fee for .com? name.com is $9.99

•••
Now Godaddy changing admin email after 15 days. So we could not transfer out like olden days on 40 th day.

But i have done the same just 2 days before. and in last two weeks i transferred 4 domains out of GD on or near 40th day.

•••
i see I see.

how much is namesilo reg fee for .com? name.com is $9.99

8.39 and its quite smooth so simply go for it without wasting your more time.

•••
IMO first you should start and complete the transfer, the above matter can be settled afterwards when you would be able to show them clearly with live example.

got it. will do. I'll hold off on speaking with them.

NO WONDER!!!!

FYI.

this REP emailed me AFTER he already left his office! and then TOLD ME that if I wanted and was worried he would GO BACK TO THE OFFICE to do this negotiation for the $80 price.

I thought that was "SWEET" and "KIND" like that's a bit extreme niceness. he would go back to the office after hours of leaving the office? travel back on his GAS money to deal with me in the middle of the night?

lol NO WONDER! I bet he would get a bonus for getting me to pay the $80 or discounted price.

If this works. I owe you guys BIG TIME.

I am surprised non of the seasoned Pros of NP hasn't chimed in here to confirm. guess they're busy.

•••
8.39 and its quite smooth so simply go for it without wasting your more time.

will do. so what's the "cut off" time period I can do this? 40 days? 42 days? from the date of expiration of the domain?

•••
@Avtar629 please check your domain whois and status before transferring.

•••
will do. so what's the "cut off" time period I can do this? 40 days? 42 days? from the date of expiration of the domain?

42 and to avoid any unexpected risk at maximum i do it between 35-40 days, but recently i was able to complete one transfer from 40th-41st day.

Last edited:
•••
@Avtar629 please check your domain whois and status before transferring.

thanks. by why? the OLDEST problem domain expired July 10th.

so what's up? is that bad or good?

•••
thanks. by why? the OLDEST problem domain expired July 10th.

so what's up? is that bad or good?

Its great, should be easy and smooth transfer, just go for it man and see for yourself.

•••
Registrars are changing Admin emails. SO you could not accept the transfer request.

•••
Thanks guys! so I shouldn't tell these Godaddy shady people until I start the transfer on Name.com side right?

I'll try this right now. but part of me feels since it's expired I won't be able to access the control panel at least for the expired domains.

•••
Registrars are changing Admin emails. SO you could not accept the transfer request.

didnt matter for me as i was able to transfer successfully..

Thanks guys! so I shouldn't tell these Godaddy shady people until I start the transfer on Name.com side right?

I'll try this right now. but part of me feels since it's expired I won't be able to access the control panel at least for the expired domains.

follow the below steps

1. Log into your account.
2. Next to Domains click Manage.
3. From the Domains menu, select Expired Domains. You should see these names listed here.
4. Unlock the domains (hover your cursor over the green check marks and click to edit/change to unlock).
5. Select the domain you want to transfer out and then click Email Authorization.
6. you will receive transfer code in the email

•••
Last edited:
•••
This is from ICANN regarding transfer of expired domains:
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2012-02-25-en

My domain name has just expired. Can my registrar require me to pay for a renewal before I can transfer to a new registrar?

No. Your new registrar of choice can initiate a transfer request on an expired domain name once they receive the required authorization from you. Expiration or nonrenewal of a domain name is not a valid reason for denial of a transfer request.

Note that if the registrar has already begun the deletion process on the domain name and its status shows it to be within a 30-day Redemption Grace Period, the name must be restored by your current registrar before it can be transferred.

My registrar is listed as the Administrative Contact for my domain name and this is preventing my transfer from going through. What do I do?

If you are listed as the Registrant for the domain name, you can ask your new registrar of choice to send the required Form of Authorization to you rather than the Administrative Contact.

You can also update the data associated with the domain name and name a different Administrative Contact. Some registrars offer an online interface tool for you to manage this data yourself; others can make these updates if you contact their customer service.

Where can I go if I have a question that is not answered above?

If you have questions about the transfer policy, please contact your registrar or you may file a complaint with ICANN by going to http://reports.internic.net/cgi/registrars/problem-report.cgi.

•••
Didn't read the whole thread so others may have answered but gdddy can and has eliminated the fees for me in the past...I threatened to transfer a couple hundred names away is what clinched the deal.

The second time it happened they cut the fees by about 2/3...better than nothing.

The last time it happened they would not deal...that is when epik became my new best friend! I still have a few dozen with gddy, but will shave that down to one just to keep account open. (these events were over a 15 year period).

A gddy reseller may not have the full flexibility gddy direct may have...at any rate you should find another registrar and move away from them...for example, when names are x days after expire date epik will only make you renew them for a two year period instead of one without any added fees.

Last edited:
•••
@Avtar629 you are far better, Dotster say it sold my domain in auction after 30 days expiry not even grace period reached. I am fighting it out . Guys look out your domain at domain.com registry,

Last edited:
•••
You can unlock all the domains at once, then you must request the Authorization code for each domain individually.
Take these codes and transfer the names out- I use namecheap.com- usually shows up in a couple hours over there. Not sure about your registrar, but Godaddy will let you do this up until about 40 days past original expiry, even though their own reps will tell you this is not possible. So incredibly unprofessional that I have had to tell about 5 different representatives that this si an option after they repeatedly trey to get me to pay them $88 a pop! So so unprofessional, that is straight up scamming people!

•••
Ok Update.

I totally missed the tab for Email Authorization up above the expired domain list.

WOW! ok ...Select All. and SEND. Done.

Now. Name.com? or NameSilo.com?

Learn something new everyday here on NamePros!

Always been a good boy about paying up on time. just this one time a little SNAFU.(Situation Normal All Fouled UP!)

So I guess I'm transferring domains over to Name.com

but I might check out Namesilo. at $8.32?

a save about 67 cents. not bad.

Any other reputable spots do cheap bulk transfers?

THANKS in advance GUYS!

•••
Ok Update.

I totally missed the tab for Email Authorization up above the expired domain list.

WOW! ok ...Select All. and SEND. Done.

Now. Name.com? or NameSilo.com?

Learn something new everyday here on NamePros!

Always been a good boy about paying up on time. just this one time a little SNAFU.(Situation Normal All Fouled UP!)

So I guess I'm transferring domains over to Name.com

but I might check out Namesilo. at $8.32?

a save about 67 cents. not bad.

Any other reputable spots do cheap bulk transfers?

THANKS in advance GUYS!
One transfer should go to namesilo with promo code TLDLIST for $7.39

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back