Domain Empire

Examiner.com gets renewed will GoDaddy ever fix their auctions?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Well it looks like Examiner.com got renewed, the auction was over $131,000 and earlier today the name got renewed. While typing in Examiner.com I get a security warning. Whois updated Registrant Name: Domain Manager Registrant Organization: Axs Digital Media Group, LLC Registrant Address: Co, US Creation Date: September 13, 1994 Update Date: October 30, 2019 […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
So why he did not renew the ones that went to auction? That makes no sense, sorry.
The platform does not let you redeem domains once the name has bids in auction, you need to get management to manually do it.

•••
The platform does not let you redeem domains once the name has bids in auction, you need to get management to manually do it.

So he did not go to his account in time? That again does not match the daughter's story that they did not have access to the account.

•••
Because godaddy purposefully "disappears" them from your account and support is trained to deny you the right to renew them. It's a sham and a risk to work with Gocrappy.

This is not what they have claimed, is it?

•••
•••
•••
@TERADOMAIN Nice explanation, thank you. To add to what you said, "if a name passed 30 days grace period then it can't be renewed", that is only if a bid is placed. If a bid is not placed in the 30 days and the domain moves into the closeouts, you can still renew the domain by paying the redemption fee (which is ~$80) or you could simply check out from the Closeouts itself and pay $12+ Renewal.

The key would be, as far as I could see is, if the domain transitions out of our control panel, then the domain is gone for ever. I have had cases where the domain was more than 30 days, and it stays in the control panel with the status of "expired but recoverable" because of no bids placed. I am not sure if you could transfer out, but if domain is in our control panel, I would assume that you could transfer out as well.
Godaddy's own expired name auction start on 24th day after expiration. Its 10 days auction. So if name passed 30 days grace period then it can't be renewed.

For example Vomit.com is new expired name from Godaddy itself.

It was expired on 6th October 2019.

Auction start date is 30th October 2019.

Now it has 9 days 22 hours left.

Name can still be renewed upto November 5th approximately. So if name pass that time frame of 30 days after expiration then it can't be renewed.

I hope this info it little helpful to you as well as all other friends on NP.

Thanks

•••
maybe that’s why examiner.com was able to be redeemed with many bids active, threat of legal action, and if they prevailed it would set a precedent.

I have been told first hand on day 24 when my name was in auction with bid, and I was willing to pay the $90 redemption fee it was not possible because this one pesky bid. I had to pay a few hundred to win it back in auction.

I see many people here saying once a domain has a bid in auction it can’t be redeemed which is what I have seen first hand, but some people are making the days remaining argument, so I have no idea what the rules really are.

It seems as domains get more popular the rules get harder for the registrants to reclaim their domains.

As stub mentioned that day 43 which nobody really talks about.

Last edited:
•••
I monitor the progress of the auction.

I just found out that Godaddy can refund

•••
maybe that’s why examiner.com was able to be redeemed with many bids active, threat of legal action, and if they prevailed it would set a precedent.

I have been told first hand on day 24 when my name was in auction with bid, and I was willing to pay the $90 redemption fee it was not possible because this one pesky bid. I had to pay a few hundred to win it back in auction.

I see many people here saying once a domain has a bid in auction it can’t be redeemed which is what I have seen first hand, but some people are making the days remaining argument, so I have no idea what the rules really are.

It seems as domains get more popular the rules get harder for the registrants to reclaim their domains.

As stub mentioned that day 43 which nobody really talks about.

I am saying it wwwweb because it's what Paul Nicks said, that's why I am saying that.

•••
Did someone from GD respond about JP's daughter's allegations that they went through the whole process as required and still were denied the access to the account? And why she just did not give them password to the account and the phone associated with the account. That is all you need for true access, right?

No I let Paul Nicks know about it and gave him the link.

•••
So not sure what the rules are at GoDaddy. I just transferred into Epik Clipville.com. Expired 9/27.

24/7 Support: +1 (480) 505-8877

Raymond Hackney —

We successfully completed your domain transfer.

The following domains have been moved from GoDaddy to another registrar:

clipville.com

If you have any other questions, call our support team at +1 (480) 505-8877.

Nothing special did not call anyone, just transferred it at Epik was done in 10 minutes.

Last edited:
•••
So not sure what the rules are at GoDaddy. I just transferred into Epik Clipville.com. Expired 9/27.

24/7 Support: +1 (480) 505-8877

Raymond Hackney —

We successfully completed your domain transfer.

The following domains have been moved from GoDaddy to another registrar:

clipville.com

If you have any other questions, call our support team at +1 (480) 505-8877.

Nothing special did not call anyone, just transferred it at Epik was done in 10 minutes.

But you had to have unlocked the name, even if you had downloaded all the auth codes beforehand.

So, the access is still required. I assume he might not have given the login/password, as they wouldn't need GD for access in that scenario (unless 2FA and phone not retained)

•••
But you had to have unlocked the name, even if you had downloaded all the auth codes beforehand.

So, the access is still required. I assume he might not have given the login/password, as they wouldn't need GD for access in that scenario (unless 2FA and phone not retained)

Yes, I basically unlocked this name on 10/13 and had the authcode sent, then I thought maybe I won't renew it and then just did it to test this 30 day or later theory, I mean it was at GoDaddy auctions with 1day and 12 hours left but I don't think any bids.

•••
As far as Examiner.com Paul said it was properly renewed, thanks to the posts about the old admin domain being registered and everything else, GoDaddy had several people watching the auction. So they believe the rightful past registrant AXS Digital Media Group renewed it properly.

•••
•••
•••
@equity78 This is high time GD brings some transparency by showing bidder aliases..This bidder10 and bidder 24 will not work anymore.As far as we are concerned, going forward, we will stop bidding on questionable domains ..GD did not make any money here (except the reg fees) but earned big time in terms on negative marketing.

Last edited:
•••
It was mentioned in related thread that the .com domain of alleged admin email was re-registered a few days ago (FREE --> registered). For the sake of completeness, it would be interesting to find out was the domain renewed by real previous owner, or by somebody else who might gain access to GD account (lets say there was no 2FA.... he might reset the password by email... request renewal @ support and be successful... and use some prepaid CC or giftcard which works with any name and billing address). In other words, somebody else may have used an opportunity to renew the domain, and somebody else may now have access to it - without formal registrant transfer

•••
@tonyk2000 : email address domains@claritydg(dot)com does not resolve so we are assuming gentleman from Tennessee was scared to approach GD for renewal after seeing so much action in Namepros :xf.grin::xf.grin:..And also,@equity78 confirmed that it is genuine renewal.

•••
email address domains@claritydg(dot)com does not resolve
The domain in question has mx (mail exchanger) records. There are 2 mailservers ready to accept emails for this domain. Both are physically located in Turkey btw:

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx:claritydg.com&run=toolpage

https://bgp.he.net/AS201928

So, it can receive email. Whether it has domains@ mailbox or not is another issue. One may add such a mailbox - receive just one email - and delete the mailbox. Just saying. There is no 100% evidence of any bad faith in connection with claritydg registration.

•••
The domain in question has mx (mail exchanger) records. There are 2 mailservers ready to accept emails for this domain. Both are physically located in Turkey btw:

https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=mx:claritydg.com&run=toolpage

https://bgp.he.net/AS201928

So, it can receive email. Whether it has domains@ mailbox or not is another issue. One may add such a mailbox - receive just one email - and delete the mailbox. Just saying. There is no 100% evidence of any bad faith in connection with claritydg registration.

Paul said they knew about that potential, several people at GoDaddy were focused on Examiner.com

•••
@equity78 Examiner.com is opening a webpage Apextrading Wholesale cannabis!! ...Do you still think there is no mischief here ?

•••
@equity78 Examiner.com is opening a webpage Apextrading Wholesale cannabis!! ...Do you still think there is no mischief here ?

I never said there was or their wasn't, I said I pointed out to Paul, this is what you found and I found and are you guys watching this, when I put the name in my Firefox browser I got a security warning.

•••
Last edited:
•••
I think only Paul can clarify..Beyond the warning page some "Cannabis" blooming...

From Crunch
Company Apex trading :
Categories Cannabis, Software, Wholesale Founded Date Jan 1, 2018 Founders John Manlove, Rob Fess, Willy Wheeler
Parent website : Apextrading(dot)com
Seed investment 1.7 mn

Here is another thing the Examiner.com AXS Digital Media Group is a philip anschutz company, I just called the number for AXS You have reached a non working number at the anschutz corporation.

So now let's add in, that philip anschutz is vehemently against marijuana he owns Coachella and banned pot last year at Coachella, he spends money lobbying against it in Colorado, I cannot believe he would be allowing the name to be used for that.

Now of course some transfers might have happened and behind closed doors Examiner.com changed hands.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back