domains Epik wins the Namepros 2020 Best registrar

Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
Epik wins the Namepros 2020 Best registrar As I have stated before this year’s poll was pretty contentious for the first time the poll was public. This allowed for everyone to see who voted in the interest of transparency. The number of votes this year was almost identical to last year. 914 members voted this […]

Continue Reading

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
What Frank said. Try to associate Dynadot with being bought by GoDaddy, put it in people's heads for those that like Dynadot because they don't like GoDaddy, that one day they'll fall under the GoDaddy umbrella. It's just a way to get at the competition sideways.

Or maybe try associate Dynadot doing all the little things right. If they werent in Godaddy's sights, they could be now.

Rob had fair point. GD buying everyone, founder's vision is most important thing. This applies to Rob too, so chill!

Samer

Last edited:
•••
No, not really.

Epik is also an Afternic Fast-Transfer partner wit Godaddy. Was Epik invited to Godaddy's partner event in Austin, TX during NamesCon? No, we were not.

I invite you to apply your vast intellect and fact-gathering talents to investigate who was in attendance. I think you might find that to be of interest.

Ah, the other thread you said you didn't take this stuff personally. So besides the CEO not answering your question, you also weren't invited to the party. Which explains the constant shots you take at them. You are the only registrar I see doing that kind of thing.

Last edited:
•••
Perhaps you can start acting professional? What I posted is true, here and on Twitter. You can't show me the other way around of Joe Styler getting at you or your company like what you usually do.

Let's roll back the tape for a second:

- Dynadot extended kind words of congratulations

- I acknowledged Dynadot and affirmed that they are a great company. In my comment, I hinted that if Godaddy actually did acquire them, the industry should hope Todd Han stays in command.

That's the whole story. Not a single rock was thrown in the direction of Dynadot or Godaddy. Give it a rest.

•••
Dynadot is a trusted brand among professional domainers. Godaddy much less so despite their size and abundant access to capital. Money can't buy loyalty but it can be leadership.

That is simply not true. You think GoDaddy has as many registrations as they do without many large portfolio holders?

They are far and away the largest registrar. They have about as many registrations as the rest of the top 10 combined.

I know many with 5K, 25K, 50K+ domains there.

Your statement is simply not compatible with the math.

Brad

•••
•••
Would you be tempted? Would you be willing to sell Epik if the right offer came around? In the Escrow thread it was pointed out that in the past you reached out to Escrow.com to sell Epik.com.

Why? Rob is the one that wildly speculated it was a matter of if (when) Dynadot sells to GoDaddy.

On the other hand Rob actually did try to sell Epik.
It seems like a more than reasonable question to me.

Brad

Do best registrar of the year polls add value, or would they even be a talking point, when considering a registrar acquisition?

I wonder if the 2017 poll was mentioned at any point in the acquisition of @namesilo

And with all this acquisition talk, I wonder what the chances are of namesilo getting acquired again, possibly prior to any of the above quoted theoreticized acquisitions.

[from January 28, 2020]

I have to imagine, @namesilo has taken note of their 4th place finish. And seeing how it seems @namesilo is active on nP, and from my perspective they apply prompt action when needed. As such was the recent case when namesilo offered assistance to namePros members in getting their paypal funds recovered after some nP members were scammed from a transaction that occurred at nP, not at namesilo, though involved a domain registered at namesilo.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ah, the other thread you said you didn't take this stuff personally. So besides the CEO not answering your question, you also weren't invited to the party. Which explains the constant shots you take at them. You are the only registrar I see doing that kind of thing.

No one's taking shots. The only person taking shots is you, by saying Rob's taking shots. Rob adds; was deep anecdote, Stop with the "he said she said" stuff.

•••

Actually that was not the point. I don't feel strongly about that. I was more describing what I would do if I were Aman vetting possible acquisitions. I would have a special get-together with people that I might like to assimilate later in order to gauge cultural fit, explore synergies, and align action plans. I can assure you that my ego is just fine. At some point, perhaps you will take a break from being a Godaddy apologist.

•••
Technically Dynadot won in this case:
Epik 246 votes Minus 35 employees + Samer =210 Official Votes
Dynadot 229 votes Minus One employee = 228 Official Votes

Not counting that Dynadot did not SPAM the forum to get the votes.

Samer will dislike this post as he blindly supports Monster does not matter what Monster do.

Last edited:
•••
This is not the thread for this and I've gave counter arguments to the above points in the other thread, I'm not debating this or going over the same arguments again.
Oh please, you brought it up, and facts, are facts. A few lines of facts never hurt anyone.

This is the thread that Epik won best register of 2020, and those were some reasons why, very simple to understand. Some people come here to disagree, some people come here to learn. Learning from people who are successful, is much better than learning from people who like to hear themselves talk nothings.

You really can’t make points against something you haven’t tried, really makes nonsense.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats to Rob Monster and his team.

•••
I want to acknowledge @Dynadot specifically.

It is an honor to be on the same plane as them. They have a solid product and a gifted CEO in Todd Han.

If (when) Godaddy acquires them, we can only hope that they give Todd ample autonomy.

In the meantime, thank you to @Dynadot for keeping the bar high.

sorry if im somehow behind on news, but is gd somehow planning to buy dyna?
and is it more a matter of when than if?

ty

•••
Nice, GD has been on a steady Decrease :xf.laugh:

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
Actually that was not the point. I don't feel strongly about that. I was more describing what I would do if I were Aman vetting possible acquisitions. I would have a special get-together with people that I might like to assimilate later in order to gauge cultural fit, explore synergies, and align action plans. I can assure you that my ego is just fine. At some point, perhaps you will take a break from being a Godaddy apologist.

Perhaps you can start acting professional? What I posted is true, here and on Twitter. You can't show me the other way around of Joe Styler getting at you or your company like what you usually do.

•••
Let's roll back the tape for a second:

- Dynadot extended kind words of congratulations

- I acknowledged Dynadot and affirmed that they are a great company. In my comment, I hinted that if Godaddy actually did acquire them, the industry should hope Todd Han stays in command.

That's the whole story. Not a single rock was thrown in the direction of Dynadot or Godaddy. Give it a rest.

Rob, this isn't complicated. Read what I actually responded too. Once more:

You:
"Dynadot is a trusted brand among professional domainers. Godaddy much less so despite their size and abundant access to capital. Money can't buy loyalty but it can be leadership."

I said that isn't true. Lots of professional domainers use GoDaddy, I literally linked to a tweet from Guta. This was also another example of you taking shots at them. Yes, you're always throwing rocks at them, would be the easiest thing to show. Again, there are different registrars here, competitors, but they're at least respectful of each other. It's why you can't find an example of what I asked for in my previous post.

Last edited:
•••

Not the only one, JB, Namecheap and their CEO have taken many a shot at GoDaddy, not here but other places. I think it's how it's done, some are ultra competitive.

•••
Not the only one, JB, Namecheap and their CEO have taken many a shot at GoDaddy, not here but other places. I think it's how it's done, some are ultra competitive.

Have no idea about other places, not seeing it here. Looks like they used to post here - https://www.namepros.com/members/enetwork.1402/

No posts in over 4 years but still lurks here, few days ago.

•••
It’s not about allowing corona virus names or not allowing them, it is about Not censoring what people can, and cannot register. Maybe we should ban all hand sanitizer, mask, and toilet paper names as those are exploited products right now? So if you want to create a site, or have a mask domain dating back 10 years, should you be banned from selling it?

Does an open register really have a right in this manner, if the free market feels it is offensive they will show their displeasure by not purchasing it, simple as that. When you start to micro manage what you can ban, and what you cannot ban, you loose a free, and open internet. At the end of the day common sense should always prevail, but people have a right to agree, and disagree.

I believe Epik has taken the stance they will let the free market decide how it wants to respond. The party profiting from all this is really Verisign.

This is not the thread for this and I've gave counter arguments to the above points in the other thread, I'm not debating this or going over the same arguments again.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back