Dynadot

status-review Got scammed on purchasing a domain name at auction section

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

TheBuyerz

Top Member
Impact
Hi,

Around 8 hours ago, I sent 90$ to @Buy.name in order to purchase shop.ws domain name... because like he said to me from PM, that the highest bidder didn't paid 100$, and then he purposed to me to get it for 90$.

Full post here:
Hi TheBuyerz

I want the Shop.ws domain name to receive money early - The highest bidder rejected my current BIN of $ 100.

If you want to get the Shop.ws domain name immediately and don't need to wait any longer, I will lower the BIN price to $ 90. And you can own Shop.ws now after the transaction is completed.

If you agree to trade immediately. Please pay to your paypal account: [email protected]

Note: Immediately after payment, please submit your account name and ID information at your Namesilo.com here, so that I can push the Shop.ws domain name to your account immediately. Pushing the Shop.ws domain name to a new account takes only 1 minute, very quickly

Currently, I have unlocked the Shop.ws domain name and am ready to push right away.

Auction in question: https://www.namepros.com/threads/shop-ws.1178201/

I just opened a dispute on Paypal in order to receive a refund ! I made a big mistake to not suggest using intermidiare like DAN.COM to complete this transaction...

I insited from him to push the domain name into my account, and received this message from him:

Sorry for making you wait. Shop.ws is a special type of domain name and every time I push Shop.ws through my new account, I get Namesilo's notice that the push for this type of domain will be done manually. Please wait patiently, I know Shop.ws will be pushed to your account within 1 day.

Namesilo notices
The domain name is in the process of transferring to a new account

Because Shop.ws is the domain name ending in .ws
So the transfer process will be handled manually by Namesilo staff.
Verification takes place from 24h to 48h

But it is certainely a lie, I never hear something like this before ... pushing domain names on namesilo is instant between their own user accounts.

Do this forum can help to get a refund from that scammer ?
Or receive enough datas from him in order to take legal proceedings using IP etc... ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey guys, in the future please use our marketplace for these transactions. Our commissions as you all may know are very low but you wont have to deal with these scenarios. The seller can set a private password so that only the winner can buy the domain

We have locked the domain in question so this user cannot transfer it anywhere until this is resolved. Please let us know if you need anything from us regarding your paypal disputes. Also, we are trying to confirm that the domain in question even belonged to the user in question. Reading through the thread, he made up text that we didnt send so it wouldnt be surprising to see him photoshopping pages

•••
He knew well what he was doing. The perfect crime (?)

•••
Great feedback from @namesilo -- Unfortunately these kind of scams happen all the time and everywhere.

I hope you guys get your money, and he got his lesson. It's not surprising that he doesn't even own the domain in question.

Good luck

•••
Hey guys, in the future please use our marketplace for these transactions. Our commissions as you all may know are very low but you wont have to deal with these scenarios. The seller can set a private password so that only the winner can buy the domain

We have locked the domain in question so this user cannot transfer it anywhere until this is resolved. Please let us know if you need anything from us regarding your paypal disputes. Also, we are trying to confirm that the domain in question even belonged to the user in question. Reading through the thread, he made up text that we didnt send so it wouldnt be surprising to see him photoshopping pages

Really happy to hear this, thank you for your intervention !

Even if paypal will not provide a refund it is good to win a part of this battle and stopping the criminal's activities on this domain name.

Requiring the domain owner to fill KYC will solve this issue on this side.

Thank you again.

•••
My bank answer about this matter:

Dear Client,

Thank you for contacting us.

You have made the transaction or payment in your own decision. Regarding conditions of delivery/return of goods or money refund, you have to contact the merchant directly.

Translation: I have to contact the scammer to refund me lol

Bitcoin is better payment ever... will never use again my credit card or even paypal (depend on how they react to this situation) to pay online.

Up to 4 days without answer from Paypal.

+1 for @namesilo

Last edited:
•••

The offender is tied via email/name to the domain INFLUENCE.onl at Name.com. You may be able to correlate some of the information on the backend to see if the locked domain is indeed the offender's.

Last edited:
•••
My bank answer about this matter:

Translation: I have to contact the scammer to refund me lol

Bitcoin is better payment ever... will never use again my credit card or even paypal (depend on how they react to this situation) to pay online.

Up to 4 days without answer from Paypal.

+1 for @namesilo

I would talk to someone else at your bank. Visa and Master Card (Probably American Express and Discover too) have a process for this very thing, they're called merchant disputes, where you authorized the charge but either didn't get the item or other issues.

Last edited:
•••
It is strange that Paypal is refusing to refund, whats the use of buyer protection then?!
I opened a dispute at Paypal before and got fully refunded, it was easy and trouble free dispute.

Why this time Paypal is refusing to refund you guys? what's the excuse?

•••
Update: I received an email from PayPal this morning stating I will receive a credit for the full purchase price back.

•••
Update: I received an email from PayPal this morning stating I will receive a credit for the full purchase price back.
Congrats! :)

•••

Congrats ! Still no answer on my end.

•••
Also waiting for an answer from Paypal.

•••
•••
I just received a refund from PayPal !

The seller cancelled the payment lol !

Hope it will be same for all others that got scammed.

•••
I just received a refund from PayPal !
The seller cancelled the payment lol !
Hope it will be same for all others that got scammed.

Refunded today me too..!
Congrats!
Thank you Paypal and Thank you @namesilo .

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back