Dynadot

ENOM SCAM - HOLDING NAMES HOSTAGE UNTIL EXPIRATION DATE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok so while the title of this thread may sound a bit extreme..it absolutely feels like they are keeping my 200+ names hostage at their registrar.

Since over a month ago I have been trying to unlock all my domains so I can move away from their company. But every time I unlock all names, the system locks them within the next 12 hours or so.

So this creates an issue and does not allow me to transfer my domains out of their system. I have emailed and called multiple times but their customer support rep: Daniel says I need to contact my reseller for support.

What?? What does my reseller have to do with their system automatically RE-locking my domains after I have manually unlocked them.

Note, that their system is so obsolete that one can't even bulk unlock their names. It has to be done and unlocked manually ONE BY ONE for over 200+ domains. So I have done this once and had my assistant do this at least twice. Finally I realized they are purposely re-locking my domain names.

Anyone have any suggestions here? It's been well over a month and Daniel keeps telling me I need my reseller to sort out this issue. I have already emailed my reseller and he's completely clueless on why he would need to help me on this enom system issue.

This company is horrible...and that's me putting it lightly. I've used all the major registrars throughout the years and can say enom used to be good..but is quickly toppling.

Any help/suggestions from anyone is very much appreciated. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I'm with godaddy and they are pretty good at assisting with transfers in. That said I would assume the Registrar your transfering too can help?

•••
is there any enom representative here at Namepros ?

•••
I have emailed and called multiple times but their customer support rep: Daniel says I need to contact my reseller for support.

Who has been billing you for the domains - Enom or the reseller? Who do you have a contract with?

Make a complaint to ICANN - the registrar could lose their accreditation for not complying with ICANN transfer regulations, seriously.

•••
•••
Hope this helps,
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2012-02-25-en
From icann site-
"If you believe that your transfer request was inappropriately denied by your current registrar, please contact the registrar to which you want to transfer for assistance. Disputes between registrars over alleged violations of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy may be initiated by any ICANN-accredited registrar."

•••
UPDATE:

And the games (scam) from Enom continues.

I have pushed several names from my enom.com account to my retail enomcentral account. Then I attempted to transfer the names from my enomcentral account to uniregistry.

Things seemed fine until I got errors. Enom returned invalid auth code errors. That is crazy. These are new codes generated the same time I put in the transfer request at uni.

8294449716.jpg

And to clarify my account an enom, this reseller is not really a reseller. He's a domainer who happened to sell me around 300 domains nearly 10 years ago. He is not a reseller who has other customers. He's a simple domain owner who moved these domains to a sub account. So he's clueless as to handling customers.

•••
Has Uniregistry been helpful in assisting with the transfer?

•••
Enom returned invalid auth code errors.

there it is :)

you know, this is for your own protection... since you have moved the domains they have invalidated the previous codes. don't try to understand why only some got that action done...

•••
Has Uniregistry been helpful in assisting with the transfer?

I haven't contacted their support about this as it seems clear that it's an enom issue.

As @tonecas has pointed out correctly..I do believe it's some sort of security measure. However, does this mean I need to re-generate codes for ALL my names. That is a major hassle.

It all goes back to Enom making you jump through hoops to get your names out of their system.

•••
in my case i just ceased to waste time with them and ask their support to generate new codes for ALL domains in advance prior to transfer the domains out. and then I proceed transfering domains by blocks of 10. yes, it took ages...

Last edited:
•••
I haven't read all comments here, nor I can't tell why the domains locking back, but
I can tell you from my experiences every single transfer authorization code generated by their system has failed, so before I have transferred out my last 10 domains, I called the support and asked for the auth. codes to be emailed by a technical rep. because I knew the transfer would be just waste of time.
Anyway, good luck!

•••
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2012-02-25-en
From icann site-
"If you believe that your transfer request was inappropriately denied by your current registrar, please contact the registrar to which you want to transfer for assistance. Disputes between registrars over alleged violations of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy may be initiated by any ICANN-accredited registrar."

•••
@eurorealtor - Funny. As I've said earlier in this thread. I transferred 20+ domains out of eNom recently. Without any problems with the Auth Codes generated by their system.

•••
@eurorealtor - Funny. As I've said earlier in this thread. I transferred 20+ domains out of eNom recently. Without any problems with the Auth Codes generated by their system.
Never worked for me, the codes were always invalid and I had to call their support to get another codes.

•••
Never worked for me, the codes were always invalid and I had to call their support to get another codes.

2 opposite experiences. How to explain that.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back