Dynadot

ENOM SCAM - HOLDING NAMES HOSTAGE UNTIL EXPIRATION DATE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok so while the title of this thread may sound a bit extreme..it absolutely feels like they are keeping my 200+ names hostage at their registrar.

Since over a month ago I have been trying to unlock all my domains so I can move away from their company. But every time I unlock all names, the system locks them within the next 12 hours or so.

So this creates an issue and does not allow me to transfer my domains out of their system. I have emailed and called multiple times but their customer support rep: Daniel says I need to contact my reseller for support.

What?? What does my reseller have to do with their system automatically RE-locking my domains after I have manually unlocked them.

Note, that their system is so obsolete that one can't even bulk unlock their names. It has to be done and unlocked manually ONE BY ONE for over 200+ domains. So I have done this once and had my assistant do this at least twice. Finally I realized they are purposely re-locking my domain names.

Anyone have any suggestions here? It's been well over a month and Daniel keeps telling me I need my reseller to sort out this issue. I have already emailed my reseller and he's completely clueless on why he would need to help me on this enom system issue.

This company is horrible...and that's me putting it lightly. I've used all the major registrars throughout the years and can say enom used to be good..but is quickly toppling.

Any help/suggestions from anyone is very much appreciated. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK. This news has given me an idea. Open up an eNom Central (retail account). Push your domains there. Then transfer them out from there after 7 days. Since your Reseller is useless anyway.

New account change will get onto 60 day lock period for the OP. Unfortunately this will delay the transfer out.

•••
ahh..yea that as my next question..if there would be that 60 day registrar lock. And if so then yea this wouldn't work. But are you sure enom --> enom central push is considered an account change which triggers the 60 day lock?

•••
Well that is actually an interesting smart idea...I already have an enom central account but it was created and given to me by namejet. So would you possibly know for sure if my enom central account is free of any resellers ie. namejet being my reseller?

Its better to put pressure on your reseller to talk with enom support and get the transfer out done.

•••
ahh..yea that as my next question..if there would be that 60 day registrar lock. And if so then yea this wouldn't work. But are you sure enom --> enom central push is considered an account change which triggers the 60 day lock?
Yes, account push will result in 60 day lock period AFAIK.

•••
Yes I agree..and again agree with Stub that this may be the only way. I just don't agree with Enom for making me jump through all these hoops. Why not just let me move my names. Don't re-lock them after I unlock them. That's not right.

My hope at this point is that this thread will help educate domainers on the possible hassles of moving out if they choose to do so.

•••
As far as I am aware, eNom Central is only retail. there are no resellers there. You could try it with 1 domain, and then try to transfer away after 7 days (eNom's 7 day internal transfer lock). If that works, great. If the domain still automatically locks, then I suppose you can then open a support ticket with eNom directly ;)

•••
Yes I agree..and again agree with Stub that this may be the only way. I just don't agree with Enom for making me jump through all these hoops. Why not just let me move my names. Don't re-lock them after I unlock them. That's not right.

My hope at this point is that this thread will help educate domainers on the possible hassles of moving out if they choose to do so.

It's your crappy reseller which is making you jump thru all these hoops. Not eNom. They are not doing the job they are supposed to do. This could happen with almost any Domain Registrar operating a Reseller Program. And as I said. I just transferred 20 domains out of eNom without any problems at all.

I'm not defending eNom here. I don't keep my domains there any longer. But if you try to buck the system they use for support. It's unlikely to yield any good results. It probably is eNoms fault about the relocking. But they won't discuss it with an underseller. Only their top level resellers. That's just a fact o life.

•••
Sorry but you are wrong here. Let me explain. If you tried to move out 20 of your domains and you unlocked them one by one manually, only to have them re-locked within the next several hours, is it your crappy reseller? or is it Enom's system causing problems?

If you say it's your reseller then that makes no sense at all. Understand the issue at hand... and stop disagreeing with my opinion about Enom's crappy reseller support system.

The facts are facts. Enom's system is re-locking my domains. NOT my reseller.

•••
Current Issue:

Domain owner= wants the domains to be transfer to another registrar?

Enom= is the current domains registrar?

Enom= was asked that 200 domains to be unlock and allow to be transfered to another registra? What's hard about this!!!

Enom has all the power to make this happen. But Enom, kept telling the domains owner to this and that? Nothing happen?

Game is sooo visible! I can feel your frustration all the way here!! This is very uncalled for!

They want you to renew all the 200 names first, then they will stop playing their silly game. Carma and karma; does not discriminate!

•••
@ZapNano - I fail to see how you reach that conclusion. eNom have a procedure in place to deal with solving problems. If a domainer fails to follow those procedures, it's not eNom's fault nothing gets resolved.

•••
Thank you @ZapNano for understanding the situation. I realize Enom has procedures in place. I never disputed that. I don't completely agree with them but that doesn't mean I haven't followed through.

However, that is not the scam part of the issue. What is scammy is when a registrar auto re-locks domains in bulk that were unlocked manually. How can this happen? And when it does happen, how can they NOT be able to do anything for me?

@stub not getting how you don't see how that's a problem. Really clueless to your thought process at this point.

•••
I barely use Enom but is there an option to transfer faster once it's unlocked? For example, if you want to transfer to Registrar B from Enom, can you expedite that in the control panel on Enom? (like Godaddy allows)
So far I've only ever had problems with NetSol for transfers.

•••
@creataweb no unfortunately you can't expedite via their control panel.

However, I have called them up twice before and requested transfer to be expedited and they complied only after I said I would move all my names if they did not comply.

That is how I know they are purposely keeping my domains hostage. On those 2 domain transfers to GD they expedited them out WITHOUT my reseller getting involved at all!

But now that I'm moving ALL my names out..they are giving me the run around and re-locking my domains. I had to renew about 20 names so far..and there are another 30 that expire this month.

They are waiting for me to renew...I know that's the case. There is no other reason for delay.

•••
I still have a reseller account with Enom from years ago when they were ok. Now they never answer their phone for support. The last time I had a problem with my account, I opened a support ticket, waited 3 days for a reply, only to have them tell me that I needed to contact myself for help. :'(

•••
@korganian Exactly!!! I have called and email and their support is absolutely horrendous.

On support tickets they take days..literally days to respond to my updates. For phone support you will be lucky to get someone on the phone within 25 minutes. It's unbelievable.

•••
That's ridiculous. Wonder if you had legal help if they would stop playing games with you.

•••
We are not stupid to understand this game! Also, if Enom decided to transfer all your names, makes sure that just don't take their words for it. Make sure you get all your domains. They can play another games such "just waiting for approval and such" This kind of process is a nightmare. It's all about MONEY & HEAD GAME!

•••
@stub we all know all business and companies must follow procedure; are there is zero question about this process. And I'm so agree and should be respected.

And of course this area must also be considered:

Did the domain owner had already contacted Enom several times about the issues? Does Enom had all the power and control to make things happens?
Why would Enom tell the domains owner to contact the (reseller)? The reseller is the receiver, they are ready to receive the domains; long time ago!
Enom still waiting from heaven and up above approval? For the domains to be released. Ay yay yay.games

•••
All opinions here are considered; so please respect and don't keep clicking dislike button. Be a sport person.

•••
My last post for this topic, as other member would make a big thing about consecutive post.

Note: I have dealt one issue with Enom, so I know how they function and the way they do things= needs some serious progress.

Last edited:
•••
A registrar has to unlock a domain and supply an authcode within 5 days of your request - that is ICANN policy and you can complain to ICANN.

•••
Thank you @ZapNano for understanding the situation. I realize Enom has procedures in place. I never disputed that. I don't completely agree with them but that doesn't mean I haven't followed through.

However, that is not the scam part of the issue. What is scammy is when a registrar auto re-locks domains in bulk that were unlocked manually. How can this happen? And when it does happen, how can they NOT be able to do anything for me?

@stub not getting how you don't see how that's a problem. Really clueless to your thought process at this point.

I acknowledge that this is probably eNom's fault in Post #32 above. I get that it's frustrating. But you won't get anywhere by not following their procedures. IMHO. I don't see why you don't get that.

Also. I think there is no scam going on here. eNom were and still are a respectable registrar, if maybe not as good as they once were.

•••
As another suggestion. you might try unlocking 1 domain and see if it reverts to being locked again every day. If one day, it doesn't get relocked. The problem is probably resolved.

•••
Who is the reseller? You're making it out like it's one guy? Is it a one man army website? Just curious.

NameCheap is a reseller of Enom and they have their shit together. If I need support I go to NameCheap not Enom.

@stub suggestion of pushing from reseller account to Enom seems like your best bet. Test by pushing one to Enom. It should be free and done within hours if not minutes.

Last edited:
•••
run from Enom.

or you will get to other "issues" after this one.

like auth/epp codes not being valid and need do be generated new ones.

and the auth/epp codes that are generated including always an HTML escape sequence ( &#NNN; ) in a clear attempt to give problems when using registrars online web transfer forms.

the only company with such tricks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back