Dynadot

ENOM SCAM - HOLDING NAMES HOSTAGE UNTIL EXPIRATION DATE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok so while the title of this thread may sound a bit extreme..it absolutely feels like they are keeping my 200+ names hostage at their registrar.

Since over a month ago I have been trying to unlock all my domains so I can move away from their company. But every time I unlock all names, the system locks them within the next 12 hours or so.

So this creates an issue and does not allow me to transfer my domains out of their system. I have emailed and called multiple times but their customer support rep: Daniel says I need to contact my reseller for support.

What?? What does my reseller have to do with their system automatically RE-locking my domains after I have manually unlocked them.

Note, that their system is so obsolete that one can't even bulk unlock their names. It has to be done and unlocked manually ONE BY ONE for over 200+ domains. So I have done this once and had my assistant do this at least twice. Finally I realized they are purposely re-locking my domain names.

Anyone have any suggestions here? It's been well over a month and Daniel keeps telling me I need my reseller to sort out this issue. I have already emailed my reseller and he's completely clueless on why he would need to help me on this enom system issue.

This company is horrible...and that's me putting it lightly. I've used all the major registrars throughout the years and can say enom used to be good..but is quickly toppling.

Any help/suggestions from anyone is very much appreciated. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
OK. This news has given me an idea. Open up an eNom Central (retail account). Push your domains there. Then transfer them out from there after 7 days. Since your Reseller is useless anyway.

•••
I had similar experience recently. If you are moving domains in bulk make sure all the domain names have the same contact information. You can use bulk tools > global edit option. Naturally all the domains need to be unlocked.

Recently I transferred out 300+ domains and it took me 3 weeks to receive at the new registrar !! I did generate authorization code manually for all those names(5+ hours), not once but twice as enom wouldn't allow the transfers easily. After few calls and support messages, I was able to do it. Painful experience.

On a relevant note, Name.com use to allow users to generate authorization codes(bulk), now they changed to manual mode.

I will avoid RightSide affiliated registrars in future.

•••
Hope this helps,
https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/name-holder-faqs-2012-02-25-en
From icann site-
"If you believe that your transfer request was inappropriately denied by your current registrar, please contact the registrar to which you want to transfer for assistance. Disputes between registrars over alleged violations of the Inter-Registrar Transfer Policy may be initiated by any ICANN-accredited registrar."

•••
I had some issues in the past with my account being locked. I contacted a member of this forum to help me, since, my account being locked, I was not able to contact the support service...

She was pretty helpful and everything has been resolved. You can also contact them via twitter. I sent you a PM. Good luck.

•••
So you just don't want to contact your Reseller? I don't think you will get this fixed without contacting them. It may be a system problem, or not. But I just transferred out about 20 domains without any problems. Your registrar relationship is with your Reseller. Not with eNom. Reseller Registrars often do not support their Resellers Clients. Personally, I think that is correct. They prefer to deal only with their direct resellers. Who likely have more experience. They just cannot support every Tom, Dick, or Harry, their Resellers choose to do business with. Those support questions are to be answered by their Resellers. So. If you want to transfer these domains. Contact your Reseller.

•••
My domains are auto re-locked after I manually unlock them.

This happened to me. After unlocking, I suggest you to email their support and ask them nicely to approve those transfers.

•••
Yes. But what did eNom reply to the support ticket, was my question. I need to see the details of the support ticket and eNom's reply before I can advise you any further. We arejust going around in circles here.

•••
ahh..yea that as my next question..if there would be that 60 day registrar lock. And if so then yea this wouldn't work. But are you sure enom --> enom central push is considered an account change which triggers the 60 day lock?
Yes, account push will result in 60 day lock period AFAIK.

•••
Yes I agree..and again agree with Stub that this may be the only way. I just don't agree with Enom for making me jump through all these hoops. Why not just let me move my names. Don't re-lock them after I unlock them. That's not right.

My hope at this point is that this thread will help educate domainers on the possible hassles of moving out if they choose to do so.

•••
As far as I am aware, eNom Central is only retail. there are no resellers there. You could try it with 1 domain, and then try to transfer away after 7 days (eNom's 7 day internal transfer lock). If that works, great. If the domain still automatically locks, then I suppose you can then open a support ticket with eNom directly ;)

•••
Current Issue:

Domain owner= wants the domains to be transfer to another registrar?

Enom= is the current domains registrar?

Enom= was asked that 200 domains to be unlock and allow to be transfered to another registra? What's hard about this!!!

Enom has all the power to make this happen. But Enom, kept telling the domains owner to this and that? Nothing happen?

Game is sooo visible! I can feel your frustration all the way here!! This is very uncalled for!

They want you to renew all the 200 names first, then they will stop playing their silly game. Carma and karma; does not discriminate!

•••
@ZapNano - I fail to see how you reach that conclusion. eNom have a procedure in place to deal with solving problems. If a domainer fails to follow those procedures, it's not eNom's fault nothing gets resolved.

•••
I still have a reseller account with Enom from years ago when they were ok. Now they never answer their phone for support. The last time I had a problem with my account, I opened a support ticket, waited 3 days for a reply, only to have them tell me that I needed to contact myself for help. :'(

•••
That's ridiculous. Wonder if you had legal help if they would stop playing games with you.

•••
We are not stupid to understand this game! Also, if Enom decided to transfer all your names, makes sure that just don't take their words for it. Make sure you get all your domains. They can play another games such "just waiting for approval and such" This kind of process is a nightmare. It's all about MONEY & HEAD GAME!

•••
All opinions here are considered; so please respect and don't keep clicking dislike button. Be a sport person.

•••
A registrar has to unlock a domain and supply an authcode within 5 days of your request - that is ICANN policy and you can complain to ICANN.

•••
As another suggestion. you might try unlocking 1 domain and see if it reverts to being locked again every day. If one day, it doesn't get relocked. The problem is probably resolved.

•••
Who is the reseller? You're making it out like it's one guy? Is it a one man army website? Just curious.

NameCheap is a reseller of Enom and they have their shit together. If I need support I go to NameCheap not Enom.

@stub suggestion of pushing from reseller account to Enom seems like your best bet. Test by pushing one to Enom. It should be free and done within hours if not minutes.

Last edited:
•••
run from Enom.

or you will get to other "issues" after this one.

like auth/epp codes not being valid and need do be generated new ones.

and the auth/epp codes that are generated including always an HTML escape sequence ( &#NNN; ) in a clear attempt to give problems when using registrars online web transfer forms.

the only company with such tricks.

•••
I'm with godaddy and they are pretty good at assisting with transfers in. That said I would assume the Registrar your transfering too can help?

•••
I have emailed and called multiple times but their customer support rep: Daniel says I need to contact my reseller for support.

Who has been billing you for the domains - Enom or the reseller? Who do you have a contract with?

Make a complaint to ICANN - the registrar could lose their accreditation for not complying with ICANN transfer regulations, seriously.

•••
in my case i just ceased to waste time with them and ask their support to generate new codes for ALL domains in advance prior to transfer the domains out. and then I proceed transfering domains by blocks of 10. yes, it took ages...

Last edited:
•••
I haven't read all comments here, nor I can't tell why the domains locking back, but
I can tell you from my experiences every single transfer authorization code generated by their system has failed, so before I have transferred out my last 10 domains, I called the support and asked for the auth. codes to be emailed by a technical rep. because I knew the transfer would be just waste of time.
Anyway, good luck!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back