GoDaddy holding name hostage

SpaceshipSpaceship
Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

tech4

Established Member
Impact
162
I have some names, after the owner change email address Godaddy would hold name hostage until 60 days later. I waited and got it. After 60 days!!!


I just bought a dot com from a member on NP. The owner updated it on Jan 13, 2011 but godaddy will not let the domain go. Instead it immediately rejected the transfer saying that it could be transfer away July 13. That's 6 months later instead of 60 days from the date of Jan 13.

Anyway, I already transfer whatever domain I have away from GD as soon as possible, these people are so unreasonable. They rejected the transfer within 10 minutes of initiating transfer.

I hate it when they hold names hostage, speaking to customer service is like speaking ot a machine. They keep saying there's GD policy, they can't help.

Right now, I am transferring the name to my stupid Godaddy account. Will transfer out after 60 days. Its so dam stupid, I hope someone would sue them in a class action lawsuit and ban them from doing business as a registrar. They seen to abuse their power and holding names hostage.

Is there a reason why? I like to see this company go away soon. Just because they are the biggest registrar ---they are like the mafia, holding names as they want... ICAN"t the Ican't do organization need to go out of business too.

---
So angry..........................
 
Last edited:
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
The only solution i can think of, is that someone down the bottom of this food chain should be SCREWED with their money using sleazy fine print strategies and make them pay the budget deficits.
People like to think they can only enjoy the 'good' side of Godaddy with coupons :)
One example: look at their .us pricing. It's extremely expensive.
 
0
•••
wow...i have had a few problems like this come up over my years with GD. That said, a phone call talking to a real person solved any problem I had. Even overiding the 60 day hostage attempt.
I would call and then get whatever they say in an email. Remember to stay professional and cool. Honey beats vinegar.
And I agree the 60 day issue is for the birds.

You can't do that any more. You have to go thru [email protected]. Has anybody done this and been successful/unsuccessful?
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: flexible LTO options. Close more domain deals with financing.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back