IT.COM

ENOM SCAM - HOLDING NAMES HOSTAGE UNTIL EXPIRATION DATE

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ok so while the title of this thread may sound a bit extreme..it absolutely feels like they are keeping my 200+ names hostage at their registrar.

Since over a month ago I have been trying to unlock all my domains so I can move away from their company. But every time I unlock all names, the system locks them within the next 12 hours or so.

So this creates an issue and does not allow me to transfer my domains out of their system. I have emailed and called multiple times but their customer support rep: Daniel says I need to contact my reseller for support.

What?? What does my reseller have to do with their system automatically RE-locking my domains after I have manually unlocked them.

Note, that their system is so obsolete that one can't even bulk unlock their names. It has to be done and unlocked manually ONE BY ONE for over 200+ domains. So I have done this once and had my assistant do this at least twice. Finally I realized they are purposely re-locking my domain names.

Anyone have any suggestions here? It's been well over a month and Daniel keeps telling me I need my reseller to sort out this issue. I have already emailed my reseller and he's completely clueless on why he would need to help me on this enom system issue.

This company is horrible...and that's me putting it lightly. I've used all the major registrars throughout the years and can say enom used to be good..but is quickly toppling.

Any help/suggestions from anyone is very much appreciated. Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Very odd. My eNom locks stay off indefinitely.

•••
I had some issues in the past with my account being locked. I contacted a member of this forum to help me, since, my account being locked, I was not able to contact the support service...

She was pretty helpful and everything has been resolved. You can also contact them via twitter. I sent you a PM. Good luck.

•••
Weird. Please keep us updated.

•••
I had similar experience recently. If you are moving domains in bulk make sure all the domain names have the same contact information. You can use bulk tools > global edit option. Naturally all the domains need to be unlocked.

Recently I transferred out 300+ domains and it took me 3 weeks to receive at the new registrar !! I did generate authorization code manually for all those names(5+ hours), not once but twice as enom wouldn't allow the transfers easily. After few calls and support messages, I was able to do it. Painful experience.

On a relevant note, Name.com use to allow users to generate authorization codes(bulk), now they changed to manual mode.

I will avoid RightSide affiliated registrars in future.

•••
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. eNom is basically a Resellers Registrar. They don't support their Resellers Clients. They only support their top-level Resellers. You do need to go to your Reseller to get support for your problem.

•••
I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. eNom is basically a Resellers Registrar. They don't support their Resellers Clients. They only support their top-level Resellers. You do need to go to your Reseller to get support for your problem.

Doesn't sound right. I can understand if the reseller has authority to auto re-lock their clients domains. But this isn't the case. This is an enom system issue that they have enforced on me for the only reason I can think of is, they don't want me to leave before I renew my domains.

You may be right that they are promoting themselves as a reseller's registrar but I highly doubt their requirement to get support from resellers is within ICANN's policies.

•••
So you just don't want to contact your Reseller? I don't think you will get this fixed without contacting them. It may be a system problem, or not. But I just transferred out about 20 domains without any problems. Your registrar relationship is with your Reseller. Not with eNom. Reseller Registrars often do not support their Resellers Clients. Personally, I think that is correct. They prefer to deal only with their direct resellers. Who likely have more experience. They just cannot support every Tom, Dick, or Harry, their Resellers choose to do business with. Those support questions are to be answered by their Resellers. So. If you want to transfer these domains. Contact your Reseller.

•••
This is absolutely wrong thinking on your part. This is not a reseller's business, system, or company. They don't have the authority nor means to fix a system issue.

And I had already contacted my reseller weeks ago. He is stumped and has been of no help. Any other ideas?

•••
It's your Resellers responsibility to take it up with eNom. As I've said. I just transferred 20 domains out of eNom without any problems. You cannot blame eNom for your Resellers failings. You should have been more careful selecting your Reseller when you signed up with them. You need to ask your Reseller to take the problem up with eNom. Since they seem well versed in what the problem is. It shouldn't be a problem for them.

•••
I should be more careful when choosing my reseller? Really? I didn't even choose my reseller, I bought all these domains and this reseller happened to own them. Now what?

Can't really believe you think it's the reseller's responsibility. Do you even get what the issue is? My domains are auto re-locked after I manually unlock them. How the hell does a reseller fix this. They are merely resellers of Enom.

•••
The problem is eNom will not deal with their Resellers customers. That is your problem. You need to get your Reseller to contact eNom about the relocking problem.

•••
My domains are auto re-locked after I manually unlock them.

This happened to me. After unlocking, I suggest you to email their support and ask them nicely to approve those transfers.

•••
As mentioned in my initial post, my reseller is clueless about this auto re-locking issue and has already contacted them about this. Enom still does not let me unlock my domains.

You keep telling me to get my reseller to fix this...he has already contacted them to no avail.

•••
What did eNom tell the reseller after he contacted them about the relocking problem?

•••
I don't know. But this is what they said to me.

"Hello,
We have made contact with your provider and requested they contact you directly. They have been advised they may open a support ticket with us if they are unsure how to assist you.

Regards,
Daniel L.
Technical Support"

Absolutely useless. He told me he already opened a ticket.

•••
Yes. But what did eNom reply to the support ticket, was my question. I need to see the details of the support ticket and eNom's reply before I can advise you any further. We arejust going around in circles here.

•••
I appreciate your time but I don't think your advice will help. You have been running around in circles. Kept telling me to contact my reseller, etc. but as mentioned I already did that multiple times.

So thanks but I'll just wait at the mercy of this horrible company.

•••
It's not me running around in circles. It's your refusal to contact your reseller again. It's how eNom operate thru their resellers. It is the easiest method to solve your problem. Contact your reseller again. Ask them to ask eNom again, and ask them for a copy of their request and eNom's reply.

You might take the advice given above by @Lite and ask your reseller to ask eNom in their contact, to unlock each domain, because you are unable to do it.

Last edited:
•••
@stub again thanks for your time but you are completely wrong. I have not refused to contact my reseller. In fact I have bugged him enough about this imo.

And that doesn't mean I'm against contacting him again. I actually just did this afternoon. What you have obviously missed, is that I don't believe one bit it's his responsibility to fix this system issue.

That is a big difference.

So now you can see you're the one running around in circles here. And as for @Lite and his advice, notice that he said HE asked Enom support nicely to unlock the domains...NOT his reseller. Again, big difference.

•••
Maybe not. But eNom will not speak to an underseller. You only path of contact is via your Reseller. I think you just haven't grasped that issue. If he has an Reseller over him, I'm surprised eNom are even talking to him. He should raise it with the Top Reseller in his Resell Chain. As for @Lite's experience. Perhaps he is the top reseller in his chain. OK. I'm done here. I'm just repeating myself over and over.

•••
Agreed...circles over and over again. But thanks for trying.

•••
Maybe not. But eNom will not speak to an underseller. You only path of contact is via your Reseller. I think you just haven't grasped that issue. If he has an Reseller over him, I'm surprised eNom are even talking to him. He should raise it with the Top Reseller in his Resell Chain. As for @Lite's experience. Perhaps he is the top reseller in his chain. OK. I'm done here. I'm just repeating myself over and over.

I do not have any reseller account with enom. Just a normal user who registers domain names with them. I appreciate your efforts to help the situation.

•••
OK. This news has given me an idea. Open up an eNom Central (retail account). Push your domains there. Then transfer them out from there after 7 days. Since your Reseller is useless anyway.

•••
Well that is actually an interesting smart idea...I already have an enom central account but it was created and given to me by namejet. So would you possibly know for sure if my enom central account is free of any resellers ie. namejet being my reseller?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back