Dynadot

Efty Marketplace Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@bluebox as for now we don't plan to get rid of infinite scroll. We did some research and it's very rare that an end-user ends up searching trough hundreds of domains. They usually search for a keyword or category and even then most of them will narrow down the search results with the filters such as price, TLD, age etc.

We will definitely considering making it an option for Efty users in the next big roll-out: infinite scroll or pagination.
@Doron Vermaat

I really like the portfolio page and was really analyzing it to see how well it works because I do want to use it. I was checking both NameRockstar.com and NameTap.com since those were a couple of stores that were mentioned in this post.

When you are looking at the names on both sites they both start to freeze as soon as you get close to 100 domains while scrolling. It's not rare like you say for end users to search through hundreds of names. They do it all the time. I also understand that people will search through the categories but what if you have over 100 domains within one category. I have well over 100 domains in certain niches so how can I categorize them if the system won't show all the names within a certain category.

The system freezes every single time I try to use it and then gives me an error code. When I click OK on the error code it gives me another error code which says "prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" with an OK button. This happens every single time.

I tried at least 20 times clearing everything and starting over but it happens every single time on both sites. If you have under 100 domains within a category it works perfectly. TheDomainStore.com works flawlessly because there are only 98 names on the entire site.

Is that a glitch that will be fixed ASAP or is this normal? I don't want to list a bunch of names on the site that won't be able to be seen through the system because that makes no sense.

•••
@Doron Vermaat

I really like the portfolio page and was really analyzing it to see how well it works because I do want to use it. I was checking both NameRockstar.com and NameTap.com since those were a couple of stores that were mentioned in this post.

When you are looking at the names on both sites they both start to freeze as soon as you get close to 100 domains while scrolling. It's not rare like you say for end users to search through hundreds of names. They do it all the time. I also understand that people will search through the categories but what if you have over 100 domains within one category. I have well over 100 domains in certain niches so how can I categorize them if the system won't show all the names within a certain category.

The system freezes every single time I try to use it and then gives me an error code. When I click OK on the error code it gives me another error code which says "prevent this page from creating additional dialogs" with an OK button. This happens every single time.

I tried at least 20 times clearing everything and starting over but it happens every single time on both sites. If you have under 100 domains within a category it works perfectly. TheDomainStore.com works flawlessly because there are only 98 names on the entire site.

Is that a glitch that will be fixed ASAP or is this normal? I don't want to list a bunch of names on the site that won't be able to be seen through the system because that makes no sense.

I'm happy to share the "freeze at 100" bug has been added to our kill list and should be fixed within the next few weeks. Many small improvements and bug fixed are coming to the marketplace feature as it has quickly become one of our most popular features.

•••
I'm happy to share the "freeze at 100" bug has been added to our kill list and should be fixed within the next few weeks. Many small improvements and bug fixed are coming to the marketplace feature as it has quickly become one of our most popular features.
I tried it again today and got it up to 130 names before it freezed and gave me the error. Is it possible to just remove the scrolling feature and have numbered pages where maybe 30 load per page. It could also make it useful when a potential buyer wants to see the name/logo again by just choosing what page he saw it on previously. The scrolling is a bit buggy where it loads 10 and then unloads those 10 and kind of goes back and forth a few times sometimes. Single pages would get rid of the glitchy feel that the scrolling feature has.

•••
I tried it again today and got it up to 130 names before it freezed and gave me the error. Is it possible to just remove the scrolling feature and have numbered pages where maybe 30 load per page. It could also make it useful when a potential buyer wants to see the name/logo again by just choosing what page he saw it on previously. The scrolling is a bit buggy where it loads 10 and then unloads those 10 and kind of goes back and forth a few times sometimes. Single pages would get rid of the glitchy feel that the scrolling feature has.

I'll see if we can implement the option for users to toggle on/off between pagination and infinite scroll. If you encounter any bugs or errors pls do share them with us at [email protected] or here in this thread as it will help me to liaise with our dev team. Thanks!

•••
i changed the A record of my domain , its been more than 24 hours but still not redirected to my efty site can u please tell me what i would have done wrong...and can u please tell a alternative url to test my marketplace

•••
i changed the A record of my domain , its been more than 24 hours but still not redirected to my efty site can u please tell me what i would have done wrong...and can u please tell a alternative url to test my marketplace

If you have set things up correctly the site should resolve right away. If you email your url and a screenshot of your domain its DNS settings to [email protected] (or pm me) i'll help you get setup asap.

•••
@Doron Vermaat when we use Efty's escrow.com integration to process domain transactions, it says "Efty domaining software".

Does Efty earn a commission on our domain sales, using Escrow.com?

•••
How to do on page optimization for our site for SEO purpose

Last edited:
•••
@Doron Vermaat when we use Efty's escrow.com integration to process domain transactions, it says "Efty domaining software".

Does Efty earn a commission on our domain sales, using Escrow.com?

No, Efty does not make any commission on sales facilitated by Escrow.com

How to do on page optimization for our site for SEO purpose

Marketplaces are auto optimized for search engines acording the latest standards. If you miss anything or have ideas/suggestions on how things can be improved upon please feel free to share them.

•••
iam not an seo expert , but i dont see an basic option to add keywords and describtion for the seo purpose as meta keywords or meta describtion

•••
but i dont see an basic option to add keywords and describtion for the seo purpose as meta keywords or meta describtion
Neither of those is likely to have any impact on your ranking. In fact, none of those will have any impact on rank.

FWIW - I've worked in SEO at enterprise level since 2003.

•••
Neither of those is likely to have any impact on your ranking. In fact, none of those will have any impact on rank.

FWIW - I've worked in SEO at enterprise level since 2003.

so do u think efty missing anything on seo to rank better for a specific keywords with on page optimization

•••
so do u think efty missing anything on seo to rank better for a specific keywords with on page optimization
Google filters out parked pages, and this includes for sale pages, So you're domain page is only going to be returned for exact match queries like [domain.com], but unlikely to be returned for [domain] unless it's a really unique made-up string.

You could work on your marketplace I suppose, but I'm not sure how flexible Efty is in this respect.

•••
May give efty a try, I like the marketplace option

•••
May give efty a try, I like the marketplace option

I've gotten a few sales off my Efty landing pages. I recommend them. But just like anywhere else, you need quality inventory. Junk is junk is junk no matter where you list it.

•••
All inbound direct, efty landing pages

So no commissions!
You might make me take a second look at efty.. them brokers at DNS aint doing me no justice.. with them scripted responses...

Congrats on those excellent sales!!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Can you send me an example of an efty landing page?

zobuka.com

The background can be changed as well as the verbiage. You can also choose to post your own logo of the name. I also have my Buy it now button set to link to my Escrow.com account, so if someone clicks on it, an Escrow.com transaction is begun. I have that defaulted to having the buyer pay the fees. If they want to change it they have the option to make an offer.

Last edited:
•••
Congrats ..looks like u have 2000 + inventory in efty , how many u sell per month .

In April I started using Efty for it's Domain Management solutions. I have been moving my names from other parking locations bit by bit. I have not had all those names there for long. I also have more tweeking I want to do on my marketplace, such as going back and placing capital letters on each word in my names, etc.

In the past month I have sold 3 off the Efty landing pages (with no commissions)

•••
In April I started using Efty for it's Domain Management solutions. I have been moving my names from other parking locations bit by bit. I have not had all those names there for long. I also have more tweeking I want to do on my marketplace, such as going back and placing capital letters on each word in my names, etc.

In the past month I have sold 3 off the Efty landing pages (with no commissions)
Wow, nice.. that was my next question; I wanted to know if you get sales/inquiries.. I have good names but these DNS brokers can't close for their life because it;s too scripted.

I don't care too much for the marketplace they offer/the designs. I guess I'd be paying the full price for only the landers if I join..

•••
I don't care too much for the marketplace they offer/the designs. I guess I'd be paying the full price for only the landers if I join..

I have not spent time on the marketplace set up. I really joined for the domain management tools that they offer. For my size portfolio (up to 5,000 names) it is only $25/month. Much better than any spreadsheet I could develop and it loads your information from the whois database. The landing pages were just a plus for me.

•••
I have not spent time on the marketplace set up. I really joined for the domain management tools that they offer. For my size portfolio (up to 5,000 names) it is only $25/month. Much better than any spreadsheet I could develop and it loads your information from the whois database. The landing pages were just a plus for me.

The Efty modus operandi appears to be interesting, very interesting indeed.

•••
@Doron Vermaat is Efty undergoing maintenance these days, because it's no longer able to fetch whois data/domain info successfully.

•••
•••
@indiegrind

I went ahead this morning and moved my name servers from DNS to efty and within a few hours i got a serious inquiry.. after spending the last month on dns with nothing.. I hope it closes successfully. I'll update.

•••
Back