IT.COM

Efty Marketplace Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yeah I know, I don't have a phone number but it still shows "call us"

Which design was that - I just tested both and can't replicate the issue.

Last edited:
•••
The footer is also not centered when you have a large screen when using the Borgen theme. Call me is on the Borgen theme.

•••
The footer is also not centered when you have a large screen when using the Borgen theme. Call me is on the Borgen theme.

Hi Chris, can you email ([email protected]) me a screenshot of the footer issue? I spotted the Call me button now, its on the domain detail pages of Borgen. We will get that fixed asap. cc @bluebox

Last edited:
•••
Just passing by to say that I've used Efty for the last couple of months and I love it. I love the designs of the landing pages. One of the designs is my favorite ('Keifer', I think), so that's what I use for all my landing. I love the 'insights' I get on each of my domains. It helps me determine which ones may be more valuable to others.

I'm currently in the process of fully setting up my custom marketplace. However, the one thing I did notice is that at the bottom of the custom marketplace page, twitter and facebook links are switched. I thought it was just my marketplace but I did check yours as well, @Doron Vermaat

There are a few kinks to be worked out here and there, but all in all, I've had a good experience at Efty thus far.

•••
Just passing by to say that I've used Efty for the last couple of months and I love it. I love the designs of the landing pages. One of the designs is my favorite ('Keifer', I think), so that's what I use for all my landing. I love the 'insights' I get on each of my domains. It helps me determine which ones may be more valuable to others.

I'm currently in the process of fully setting up my custom marketplace. However, the one thing I did notice is that at the bottom of the custom marketplace page, twitter and facebook links are switched. I thought it was just my marketplace but I did check yours as well, @Doron Vermaat

There are a few kinks to be worked out here and there, but all in all, I've had a good experience at Efty thus far.

Well spotted! We will get this fixed asap.

•••
Which design was that - I just tested both and can't replicate the issue.
It was on individual pages for domains - when you click "make an offer"

•••
All of those are little things - the most important one is the problem with infinite scrolling and freezing if you load too many names

•••
@Doron Vermaat

I have not tried efty before but I just skimmed through this thread and it sounds very interesting. I am excited to give it a try soon.

Just a quick question. In one your posts you mentioned

"We're putting the finishing touches to the new marketplace design as we speak. You can list domains with or without logos so it's going to be a great feature for brandable enthusiasts too. Here's another sneak peak of one of the two designs that we will push live very soon."

So my question is regarding the logos. Will efty provide a logo service like other brandable sites or do we provide our own logos?

Thanks for clarifying.

•••
@Doron Vermaat

I have not tried efty before but I just skimmed through this thread and it sounds very interesting. I am excited to give it a try soon.

Just a quick question. In one your posts you mentioned

"We're putting the finishing touches to the new marketplace design as we speak. You can list domains with or without logos so it's going to be a great feature for brandable enthusiasts too. Here's another sneak peak of one of the two designs that we will push live very soon."

So my question is regarding the logos. Will efty provide a logo service like other brandable sites or do we provide our own logos?

Thanks for clarifying.

You have to provide your own logo(s).

•••
•••
While I wait for all the kinks to be ironed out I would like to create some logos - what would be the optimal dimensions for them, and are they resized or cut at any point? (didn't check that)

•••
While I wait for all the kinks to be ironed out I would like to create some logos - what would be the optimal dimensions for them, and are they resized or cut at any point? (didn't check that)

300x80 pixels is the required format for logos across Efty (For-Sale landing pages and marketplace). JPEG, GIF or PNG and max 1MB. You can check www.namerockstar.com or www.thedomainstore.com to see some live examples.

•••
•••
I have set analytics for my landers and I can already see where traffic is coming from and so on but there's no way of knowing which domain brought the traffic, it's all summed up in there. Is this normal?

•••
And while we are on the topic of Google Analytics - what does it mean when title of a page is "Home page".
It's shown twice in my stats (5% and 0.8% of page views)
?

•••
@rvo

To see the breakdown per domain you have to either look under Audience > Technology > Network and then select Hostname. Or you can select the hostname dimension when you filter down the traffic at any given time when you search under Other:

jwOJD7w.png

@bluebox - are you tracking traffic for your landers or your marketplace? - feel free to email a screen to [email protected] so that I can have a look!

•••
•••
@Doron Vermaat How can we edit categories for domains in bulk. changing categories for an individual domain take so long and this option really matter when we have 100s of domains. I already tried BULK Edit option and from there we can change category for every domain by hovering over that domain box but still it's not that fast...

•••
@Shams The best way to do this is to go to your Domains overview, select up to 100 domains and click the Edit Selection button on the top of the grid. Then click Bulk edit. Now you can bulk edit the category for up to 100 domains at the time. I have around 1000 domains and to set categories for all of them took me around 15 minutes or so.

•••
@Shams The best way to do this is to go to your Domains overview, select up to 100 domains and click the Edit Selection button on the top of the grid. Then click Bulk edit. Now you can bulk edit the category for up to 100 domains at the time. I have around 1000 domains and to set categories for all of them took me around 15 minutes or so.
Thanks, I already knew about that. i was asking if there's any option to change category in one click. Like we can park all the domains at efty in one click.

•••
@Shams there's a small icon next to the Category field which allows you to copy the value to all your selected domains (up to 100) at once:

upload_2016-6-15_15-23-3.png

•••
@Shams there's a small icon next to the Category field which allows you to copy the value to all your selected domains (up to 100) at once:

ooooH Thank you so much. that's what i was talking about.i think Efty has the option since beginning and i never tried it. Now i should explore all the functions at efty.

•••
@rvo

To see the breakdown per domain you have to either look under Audience > Technology > Network and then select Hostname. Or you can select the hostname dimension when you filter down the traffic at any given time when you search under Other:

jwOJD7w.png

@bluebox - are you tracking traffic for your landers or your marketplace? - feel free to email a screen to [email protected] so that I can have a look!

Thank you! Now I can see the breakdown per domain! :D

•••

It was on individual pages for domains - when you click "make an offer"

Both issues have been fixed. Thanks for flagging again.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back