Dynadot

Efty Marketplace Example

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Today I signed up for the EFTY 30-day trial to test the look and landing page customization feastures. I already have a portfolo on another site. I was just curious what other domainers have done to see what features are available etc. I did notice it did not automatically upload my .TV domains but it did look at WHOIS to find most of the others - even those which were expired. I decided to "not publish" most of the Spanish domains on this EFTY site. Anyone have some examples....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@indiegrind

I went ahead this morning and moved my name servers from DNS to efty and within a few hours i got a serious inquiry.. after spending the last month on dns with nothing.. I hope it closes successfully. I'll update.

Awesome, good luck with that bro!

•••
@indiegrind

I went ahead this morning and moved my name servers from DNS to efty and within a few hours i got a serious inquiry.. after spending the last month on dns with nothing.. I hope it closes successfully. I'll update.
Are you also listing on the marketplace

•••
Are you also listing on the marketplace
Yeah,I checked the box to list on their marketplace too. I also saw the option for their marketplace bin price.. if I add that, does it mean efty will process payment and take a commission? Right now i just have escrow bin on a few names.

•••
Yeah,I checked the box to list on their marketplace too. I also saw the option for their marketplace bin price.. if I add that, does it mean efty will process payment and take a commission? Right now i just have escrow bin on a few names.
They don't take a commission as far as I know.

•••
@indiegrind

IMO I do not think this had anything to do with marketplace. It just happen to be that the potential buyer wasn't at DNS but at EFTY. Another thing I do not really like about DNS is that landers are not see but parking pages when you visit a domain name. That is wrong in this era, which I believe EFTY had an edge.

•••
IMO I do not think this had anything to do with marketplace. It just happen to be that the potential buyer wasn't at DNS but at EFTY. Another thing I do not really like about DNS is that landers are not see but parking pages when you visit a domain name. That is wrong in this era, which I believe EFTY had an edge.

You can change your settings either one by one name, or in bulk. If you select for sale only and BIN only landers at the same time, you'll have what you want. Really simple, just two drop down menu selections... You have an option to choose offer only, instead of BIN...

•••
Looks like I am going to be busy setting up my Efty account tonight... I am very intrigued and think this is the answer I need right now.

Just a couple things I am wondering... does everyone just have single page landers for each individual domain or are you using a marketplace style domain as your main landing page and listing your domains on there, or something else?

Just looking for the best way to I guess organize my offerings as I have a few specific niches with related domains and then a few scattered ones also. Hope that makes a bit of sense, long day!

Thanks,
Ang

•••

Hi there, I wanted to clarify that Efty doesn't operate it's "own" marketplace. When you check the "List at Efty market" box it means the domain will be displayed on your own Efty powered marketplace such as NameRockstar.com or TheDomainStore.com. Setting up a marketplace with Efty is of course optional but it's included in the price and can be set up in a few minutes. A nice bonus is that you can link to your marketplace from all your individual For-Sale landing pages. Some of mine are in the signature below.

•••
I closed another sale today that began with an inquiry from my Efty landing page. No a huge sale, but a sale none-the-less.

•••
May I ask if this is the same thing Adam Dicker was offering ...... pay for sales mini site for your names (sorry I have not read the whole thread)

•••
I'm using efty for my own marketplace you guys can check it out if you want NameBoat.com i have nothing but good things to say about it. I have made a few sales to domainers from it and just had my first enduser sale yesterday.

•••
May I ask if this is the same thing Adam Dicker was offering ...... pay for sales mini site for your names (sorry I have not read the whole thread)

Not even close. Nobody is asking you to read the whole thread but maybe you could have taken a minute or two to read the website at http://www.efty.com before asking such a question. It's not exactly flattering to name anyone (or any company) in the same sentence as Adam Dicker..

•••
Well I am of the belief he once offered a domain name market place for a fee, he supplied the shopfront/hosting and the seller purchased it off him, I think for a yearly bases, why is it a problem to name someone who was offering a similar service ??

•••

No, Efty is a very versital platform. I originally subscribed for it's domain management software, which databases your names, including where you are marketing them, costs and fees of purchase and ownership, keeps track of your upcoming renewals and even estimates the expected Renewal costs for each month.

After subscribing I found the landing page feature. A lot like Afternic landing pages, but you are dealing directly with potential buyers, thus no commission. And you can cascade it all done to your own marketplace using your own domain name.

This comes all comes with one monthly ( or annual ) fee which is very affordable. You can use any or all features as you see fit. No extra costs. I am sold on the platform.

I am not associated with Efty in anyway. Just a happy customer.

•••
*picks jaw off the floor*
*grabs beer*
*lurks contently*

•••
Well I am of the belief he once offered a domain name market place for a fee, he supplied the shopfront/hosting and the seller purchased it off him, I think for a yearly bases, why is it a problem to name someone who was offering a similar service ??

Sorry, I didn't meant to be snappy. It's just that reading his name leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I wasn't aware he offered such a service before. I think @NamesMax did a pretty good job describing what Efty is here above. We're a software-as-a-service platform for domainers offering domain name management tools, custom For-Sale landing pages, your own marketplace and many other features.

•••
It was just a general question as I had seen/heard about it in action before a few years ago, interesting concept that may suit portfolio holders of different genres, good luck

•••
@Doron Vermaat adding a custom links to the market pace would be usefull like "About us" and even linking to our Blog in wordpress ,FAQ page..

•••
@Doron Vermaat adding a custom links to the market pace would be usefull like "About us" and even linking to our Blog in wordpress ,FAQ page..

We are planning to add a "About us" page and possibly a blog to the marketplace feature in the coming months.

•••
We are planning to add a "About us" page and possibly a blog to the marketplace feature in the coming months.
The backend has really good features and landing pages are good; so it's just the design that holds me back from using the marketplace.. I guess none of the looks suits me. But it's a good start. well done!

•••
Great news ...custom header image will be also a great feature ..as we can have a specific look for our marketplace

•••
We plan on adding more themes soon as well as allow everyone to upload their own header image for their marketplace as well.

•••
Two updates: you can now feature as many premium names on your homepage as you like instead of the previous maximum of nine.

Last but not least, you can now bulk edit the USPs for up to 100 domains at the time via our bulk editor.

•••
•••
Last but not least, you can now bulk edit the USPs for up to 100 domains at the time via our bulk editor.
Curiously I was going to suggest some sort of bulk edit feature for usps just this week.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back