Dynadot

Efty.com Review

NameSilo
Watch

Have you used and are you happy with Efty

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I am thinking of trying https://www.efty.com/

I'm wondering if I can get some pros and cons from members.

I have almost 300 domains so these some of the items I would like to discuss before signing up.

1. Getting the information in via excel seems to be the best option, is that correct?

2. Do I have to transfer the domain to efty or just change nameservers?

3. If I only change name servers then I have added more work because I have to maintain dates and prices in efty plus watch my registrar.

4. They seem to be in bed with Escrow and the buy now function looks like it depends on that. Is there another way to do buy now? I have my own payment processing machine and I use it or bank transfers.

5. Are there any other costs other than the quoted monthly fee.

6. Even using the excel spread sheet it looks like an awful lot of work to get everything in when there are 300 domains involved. Is it worth the time and effort on top of information already supplied by my registrar?

7. Is there a similar service and how do their tools compare?

8. Uniregistry looks like it may have similar services and ultimately it would be easier to manage the domains right from the registrar but I'm not hot on paying a 15% commission on sales. Discuss Uniregistry advantages if any.

PLEASE NOTE: Stay on topic here because I don't want to clutter up this thread with bantering.

If you have any legitimate questions about Efty to add please continue the red numbering sequence with the next number starting at #9.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
used to love efty... i still think its great for landers. however nameserver.io sucks. so i had to leave

•••
Hi Seven, can you try again and let me know if you're still experiencing issues? For me, http://www.zaproperty.com/ is resolving your Efty landing page. The Time Warner pages seem like some sort of (spammy) plugin from your ISP.

Hi The page looks like it is resolving ,hope this helps you guys :)
QQfvKpq.png

Last edited:
•••
It's back up and running but everything was down for a few minutes.

The Time Warner pages are just ads in the event there's no website so they can collect revenue.

•••
Hi Doron, just wondering if there is any update on the UDRP theme issue?

Thanks

Not yet. I will follow up with our dev team and see what the status is. Most of us are away for the holidays so this might take a while. Thank you for your patience.

It's back up and running but everything was down for a few minutes.

The Time Warner pages are just ads in the event there's no website so they can collect revenue.

Ok great. If you can email or PM me your IP I will make sure we will do some further research on how/why you experienced this issue.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Been testing the market end now more than just the landers so I'm gonna freestyle my current suggestions Doron. Feel free to steal all or some of them. If 1-7 happened I'd be happy enough. (y) I'll think of more I'm sure. :ROFL:

1) Favicon upload so we can have our own favicon to match our logo

2) SSL option for markets

3) Possible redirect all domains to market sales pages instead of having to forward each one individually, if your using the market it's more uniform visually to use the market sales pages over just the landers so the user experience matches

4) Domains that show on the market homepage either make them editable so we can pick them without having to delete domains and add them again to get them on the homepage. Or have the system pull random domains from your portfolio so as time goes on it rotates through all your inventory to the homepage

5) Privacy Policy Page, FAQ Page

6) Custom Domain Categories

7) 404 redirect to index so no wasted traffic from old backlinks

8) Email address shown on site possibly in image form to stop bot harvesting

9) Powered By Efty maybe on the first plan but removed from plan 2 and 3, an incentive to jump to the higher plans, if your solid on this being on there than create an affiliate program where Powered By Efty creates income for users for leads driven in but I'd like the option to remove it, if it's free I get it but a paid service should have an option to remove it

10) editable footer in bulk? allowing people to add a few text links or banner links to their own sites or affiliate programs in footer

•••
7) 404 redirect to index so no wasted traffic from old backlinks

This is done. And I'm happy to share that were going to tackle quite a few of the remaining 9 items on your wishlist before the end of the year. I will follow up with y'all here soon!

•••
This is done. And I'm happy to share that were going to tackle quite a few of the remaining 9 items on your wishlist before the end of the year. I will follow up with y'all here soon!

Hurry up before I think of 9 more additions. :ROFL:
Thanks (y)

•••
Hi everyone, I wanted to share we've added 22 new marketplace categories + matching For-Sale landing pages for each of them to the platform. We've tried adding the most requested categories. If yours is still missing please do let us know and we'll do our best to add another batch in the coming months.

Fashion
Family
Infants & Children
Emoji
Internationalized domains
Cannabis
Gambling
Cryptocurrency
Pets & Animals
Virtual Reality
Automotive
Electronics
Advertising & Marketing
Drones
Dating
Blockchain
Environment
Science
Software
Internet of Things (IoT)
Mobile
Lifestyle

Lot's more improvements and new features planned for the coming months!

•••
Thanks Doron, this will help until the major enhancements come (first quarter 2018???)

I think the ability to have User-defined Categories would be great. And also be able to assign a Domain Name to more than one category.

Regards,
DN

•••
Hi everyone, I wanted to share we've added 22 new marketplace categories + matching For-Sale landing pages for each of them to the platform. We've tried adding the most requested categories. If yours is still missing please do let us know and we'll do our best to add another batch in the coming months.

Fashion
Family
Infants & Children
Emoji
Cannabis
Gambling
Cryptocurrency
Pets & Animals
Virtual Reality
Automotive
Electronics
Advertising & Marketing
Drones
Dating
Blockchain
Environment
Science
Software
Internet of Things (IoT)
Mobile
Lifestyle

@Doron Vermaat - Do you have any plans to add monthly payment options? Similar to undeveloped.

•••

Fashion
Family
Infants & Children
Emoji
Cannabis
Gambling
Cryptocurrency
Pets & Animals
Virtual Reality
Automotive
Electronics
Advertising & Marketing
Drones
Dating
Blockchain
Environment
Science
Software
Internet of Things (IoT)
Mobile
Lifestyle

Hi Doron

These new themes are awesome, really liking them.

Just a quick thing I've noticed, particularly on the Virtual Reality theme. When viewing the landing page on a mobile phone (chrome or IE) again the page starts of stretched and a bit all over the place(on desktop it's fine, no issues) then resolves to fit in the domain name and images after a few seconds and then it fits to size.

This is similar to the UDRP theme stretch issue on mobile phones which you have now resolved. The Virtual Reality theme does this even for domain names equal to or larger than even 8 or 9 characters.

It resolves itself and condenses after a few seconds. I was wondering if this could be fixed? You may have to tweak and reduce font/image size a little etc?

Thanks

•••
It kind of goes into a maximum zoom in close up when viewing in mobile and then resolves after about 10 seconds.

•••
I updated one of my domains to have a Buy-it-Now price this morning. Strange thing is on two different iPhone's it still shows the old landing page (neither iphone had visited the site before, so nothing had been cached). Only the desktop version shows the new landing page. Is there a delay in updating the mobile landing pages?

•••
Revising my wish list to remove the one ya added and to add a new one...

1) SSL option for markets

2) Since the addition of more categories make more than 10 categories show on the site

3) Favicon upload so we can have our own favicon to match our logo

4) Privacy Policy Page, FAQ Page

5) Domains that show on the market homepage either make them editable so we can pick them without having to delete domains and add them again to get them on the homepage. Or have the system pull random domains from your portfolio so as time goes on it rotates through all your inventory randomly to the homepage.

6) editable footer in bulk? allowing people to add a few text links or banner links to their own sites or affiliate programs in footer.

7) Possible redirect all domains to market sales pages instead of having to forward each one individually, if your using the market it's more uniform visually to use the market sales pages over just the landers so the user experience matches.

8) Powered By Efty maybe on the first plan but removed from plan 2 and 3, an incentive to jump to the higher plans, if your solid on this being on there than create an affiliate program where Powered By Efty creates income for users for leads driven in but I'd like the option to remove it, if it's free I get it but a paid service should have an option to remove it.

9) Custom Domain Categories

10) Email address shown on site possibly in image form to stop bot harvesting

•••
@Doron Vermaat - Do you have any plans to add monthly payment options? Similar to undeveloped.

At Efty we do not handle payments but both Escrow.com and Payoneer, two of our payment partners do offer payment plans for domain name buyers. With the current integration, we have set-up, there's no way to integrate such a payment plan directly into a For-Sale landing page or marketplace but I will make sure we discuss this with @Brandon Abbey and the Escrow.com team in the future.

Hi Doron

These new themes are awesome, really liking them.

Just a quick thing I've noticed, particularly on the Virtual Reality theme. When viewing the landing page on a mobile phone (chrome or IE) again the page starts of stretched and a bit all over the place(on desktop it's fine, no issues) then resolves to fit in the domain name and images after a few seconds and then it fits to size.

This is similar to the UDRP theme stretch issue on mobile phones which you have now resolved. The Virtual Reality theme does this even for domain names equal to or larger than even 8 or 9 characters.

It resolves itself and condenses after a few seconds. I was wondering if this could be fixed? You may have to tweak and reduce font/image size a little etc?

Thanks

Can you let me know which device and if it's Android or iOS?

I updated one of my domains to have a Buy-it-Now price this morning. Strange thing is on two different iPhone's it still shows the old landing page (neither iphone had visited the site before, so nothing had been cached). Only the desktop version shows the new landing page. Is there a delay in updating the mobile landing pages?

We had a small glitch a couple of days back and domains edited during that time were affected. If you Edit and save the domain name again you should see all the changes. Let me know if that does the trick for you.

1) SSL option for markets

Happy to share we're currently working on this and hope to offer this within a few weeks (most likely together with #8 on your wishlist).

Last edited:
•••
Hi Doron, I'm using Android and device is a Samsung S7.

The landing page starts zoomed in like 150% then very slowly resolves to fit screen. It's worse in chrome.

•••
Do you plan to wildcard subdomain redirect to increase traffic/offers even more? For example have ww.name.com redirect to www.name.com, blahblah.name.com redirect to www.name.com, and so on? This is traffic that appears to be wasted right now on your platform, as it goes nowhere from a few quick tests.

•••
Greetings,

Does anyone have any success stories regarding Efty's platform?
  • Other than landing pages, what other benefits are there other than custom logos?
  • Is there any "automated content" provided (like some parking scripts)?
  • Do the domains show up in search results as "domains" based on meta data?

We know traffic is king for results etc..

I have been listing domains for sale through my registrar and although they have a "not too bad" landing page, no real templates, they handle the escrow and only charge, I believe, 7%. No meta data etc., for search results.

I have also used a self-customized parking script which hasn't really provided more sales, but did have content auto-loaded and allowed for meta data for search results and other types of feeds for affiliate stuff Amazon, Ebay etc..

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Regards,

WPM

•••
never used efty but sounds interesting.

•••
Wonder if possible to have a layout like this that allows a little more customization (see screenshot)
We choose where to sell instead of just Escrow / PayPal and more.

Screen Shot 2017-10-13 at 9.31.20 PM.png

•••
Wonder if possible to have a layout like this that allows a little more customization (see screenshot)

Show attachment 70812

Great idea and I can share more user have requested this so it's something that certainly is on our radar!

•••

Show attachment 70812
This..
And if you can add option to hide/delete search option base on domain age, plus custom category. I am in..

Because most of my domains is handreg and less than 2 years old, lol..

•••

Show attachment 70812

Agreed. I'd be interested in trying but would like to push some offers to Sedo, GoDaddy Premium, etc.

btw - who creates logos? Do we do that ourselves? If so, does anyone farm this out to someone like fiverr or?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back