Domain Empire

Efty.com Review

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Have you used and are you happy with Efty

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
I am thinking of trying https://www.efty.com/

I'm wondering if I can get some pros and cons from members.

I have almost 300 domains so these some of the items I would like to discuss before signing up.

1. Getting the information in via excel seems to be the best option, is that correct?

2. Do I have to transfer the domain to efty or just change nameservers?

3. If I only change name servers then I have added more work because I have to maintain dates and prices in efty plus watch my registrar.

4. They seem to be in bed with Escrow and the buy now function looks like it depends on that. Is there another way to do buy now? I have my own payment processing machine and I use it or bank transfers.

5. Are there any other costs other than the quoted monthly fee.

6. Even using the excel spread sheet it looks like an awful lot of work to get everything in when there are 300 domains involved. Is it worth the time and effort on top of information already supplied by my registrar?

7. Is there a similar service and how do their tools compare?

8. Uniregistry looks like it may have similar services and ultimately it would be easier to manage the domains right from the registrar but I'm not hot on paying a 15% commission on sales. Discuss Uniregistry advantages if any.

PLEASE NOTE: Stay on topic here because I don't want to clutter up this thread with bantering.

If you have any legitimate questions about Efty to add please continue the red numbering sequence with the next number starting at #9.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am thinking of trying https://www.efty.com/

I'm wondering if I can get some pros and cons from members.

I have almost 300 domains so these some of the items I would like to discuss before signing up.

1. Getting the information in via excel seems to be the best option, is that correct?

2. Do I have to transfer the domain to efty or just change nameservers?

3. If I only change name servers then I have added more work because I have to maintain dates and prices in efty plus watch my registrar.

4. They seem to be in bed with Escrow and the buy now function looks like it depends on that. Is there another way to do buy now? I have my own payment processing machine and I use it or bank transfers.

5. Are there any other costs other than the quoted monthly fee.

6. Even using the excel spread sheet it looks like an awful lot of work to get everything in when there are 300 domains involved. Is it worth the time and effort on top of information already supplied by my registrar?

7. Is there a similar service and how do their tools compare?

8. Uniregistry looks like it may have similar services and ultimately it would be easier to manage the domains right from the registrar but I'm not hot on paying a 15% commission on sales. Discuss Uniregistry advantages if any.

Efty, Nameinvestors, Domainmanage and likes are good in their own category.
The cons, however, is limited flexibility, since you're sharing core features with other users (for example, domain categories).

To have full control and maximum flexibility, you have to setup your own website. There are many turn-key scripts to do just that. For example,

DNHat, This-domain-is-for-Sale, DNFolio etc.

Among them, I think DNHat is the best - due to its flexibility and features. It has everything. In fact I'm using DNHat for my domains.

•••
Created the account but never gave it a go.

Just don't really like the feel of the store so far, even with the showcase URLs.

Have you sorted out the possibility of bigger logos and more of BB, BR type of look?

Also, can I use my subdomain for the storefront?

@Doron Vermaat

answer to this would be appreciated

•••
I am still in the trial period with efty and so far it seems a quite nice tool to have but there are some cons.

* Just checked and landing pages still load very very slowly

* Lack of https ( ssl certificate ). Even if it is true that payments go through payoneer escrow google is still marking the site as non secure. I think our marketplace pages should be considered like ecommerce sites.

* All traffic to my landing pages is grouped into one big pot of traffic ( google analytics ) and I am not capable of seeing what names have traffic, how much, from where etc. ( if it is just me sucking with google analytics please help me! )

* Bigger logos

•••
•••
•••
Hi Doron.

The landing pages have become slow again.

I'm going to give it another week and if this issue remains I'm moving my domains elsewhere.

I have paid for full membership and this is very disappointing as I may have wasted my money.

Landing page load times are the most important aspect for domain sellers.

I strongly suspect that you may have to revamp and redo your whole system to improve load times. This will no doubt cause massive problems for all involved as it may require a massive update from scratch.

Very disappointing particularly after paying for full membership.

•••
Hi Doron.

The landing pages have become slow again.

I'm going to give it another week and if this issue remains I'm moving my domains elsewhere.

I have paid for full membership and this is very disappointing as I may have wasted my money.

Landing page load times are the most important aspect for domain sellers.

I strongly suspect that you may have to revamp and redo your whole system to improve load times. This will no doubt cause massive problems for all involved as it may require a massive update from scratch.

Very disappointing particularly after paying for full membership.

This has been noted and we're hard at work implementing permanent fixes. Will update here shortly.

•••
Everyone, we're working on configuring a completely new name server which should be as fast as lightning. We will be doing a lot of testing and then more testing to make sure it's going to be top-notch. We most likely need a few users to help with testing at a later stage so if you're keen to volunteer please email me at doron (at) efty.com

Created the account but never gave it a go.

Just don't really like the feel of the store so far, even with the showcase URLs.

Have you sorted out the possibility of bigger logos and more of BB, BR type of look?

Also, can I use my subdomain for the storefront?

Logos are 300x80 across the entire platform, this is not something we plan on changing currently but I will make sure it's going to be on the agenda when we plan our development roadmap for next year. Yes, you can run a marketplace site on a sub-domain without a problem.

@Doron Vermaat got a sale using your platform, gas**.com. $2,000. Thanks, great work @efty. If anyone wants I can post a screenshot.

I also got another good lead on a name, GetA*****.com. The guy offered a grand, just a bit low, but it's not totally dead that lead.

I'd be very curious to see how the platform did with prices, as I have them all make offer.

Nice one Alan. First of many sales I hope.
I am still in the trial period with efty and so far it seems a quite nice tool to have but there are some cons.

* Just checked and landing pages still load very very slowly

* Lack of https ( ssl certificate ). Even if it is true that payments go through payoneer escrow google is still marking the site as non secure. I think our marketplace pages should be considered like ecommerce sites.

* All traffic to my landing pages is grouped into one big pot of traffic ( google analytics ) and I am not capable of seeing what names have traffic, how much, from where etc. ( if it is just me sucking with google analytics please help me! )

* Bigger logos

I agree with you that SSL is becoming increasingly more important. I will look into what the possibilities are to move the marketplaces over to SSL but won't be able to make any promises about if and when that is going to be implemented. It seems more and more users request bigger logos so we will be looking into this. I have recorded a video for you to show how you can dive into the traffic stats a bit more: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4cEoH9s8TAyVVhaZVh2Q1V4bGM/view

•••
Uploading custom background to landing pages and background does not change

•••
Uploading custom background to landing pages and background does not change

Have you selected the "Custom Background" landing page theme as well?

•••
Have you selected the "Custom Background" landing page theme as well?

ooohhhh....now it looks so nice!
How can I change the "bullet points" in that landing?

•••
Doron,

Great job building Efty to what it is so far. As soon as the landing page speed gets sorted out, I'm going to sign up.

One suggestion on a lander: What about something like HugeDomains.com?

HugeDomains is set up to convert like crazy with all of the psychological elements in play.

Thanks!

•••
Doron,

Great job building Efty to what it is so far. As soon as the landing page speed gets sorted out, I'm going to sign up.

One suggestion on a lander: What about something like HugeDomains.com?

HugeDomains is set up to convert like crazy with all of the psychological elements in play.

Thanks!

Could you share a link to one or more of them?
Thanks

•••
•••
•••
Hi everyone, as promised I wanted to give a quick update on the landing page loading times. We have pushed several updates live throughout the week that should result in improved load times. Please let us know if you can notice any improvements or not. We'll be closely observing load times within the weeks to come and make further tweaks when necessary.

Lots of great suggestions and comments in this thread and I'll get back to all of them shortly.

•••
Lots of great suggestions

I have 2 more

- Payoneer Escrow logo on "Custom Background" landing pages

- The ability to leave the tagline blank ( This premium domain name is available for purchase! )

Thanks

•••
Doron I have a suggestion which I think is very important and needed which is:

The option to remove the Make offer box in the contact form. Either option to remove it or rename it to inquiry. Also the " Make Offer" text at the top of the contact form should be replaced with "submit inquiry"

I say this as currently you are obliging the potential seller to make an offer always (this is not just with Efty)when he or she may want to do an initial inquiry and not put anything down as an offer and you can talk about an offer price once you get a conversation going.

I feel that this one change will make a big difference.

What do other efty users think about this?

Last edited:
•••
Doron I have a suggestion which I think is very important and needed which is:

The option to remove the Make offer box in the contact form. Either option to remove it or rename it to inquiry. Also the " Make Offer" text at the top of the contact form should be replaced with "submit inquiry"

I say this as currently you are obliging the potential seller to make an offer always (this is not just with Efty)when he or she may want to do an initial inquiry and not put anything down as an offer and you can talk about an offer price once you get a conversation going.

I feel that this one change will make a big difference.

What do other efty users think about this?

Did you had a look at the UDRP safe and INDRP safe landing page themes? These don't have the "Make offer" field in their forms.

•••
Did you had a look at the UDRP safe and INDRP safe landing page themes? These don't have the "Make offer" field in their forms.

Thanks Doron I will look into those themes.

•••
•••
You can easily view them all from efty by using the dropdown menu in the top right corner.

Hi Doron, ive noticed that for all UDRP safe themes, for any domain names with more than 14 or so characters the landing page does not condense the page when viewing using your mobile phone browsers. Desktop is fine.

This could do with being looked at. For any domain which is longer than 14 or 16 characters, when using your mobile phone, in either chrome or internet explorer browsers, the page is completely messed up for UDRP safe themes, it completely stretches the page and everything is all over the place.

Thanks

•••
You can easily view them all from www.eftylent.com by using the dropdown menu in the top right corner.

I don't see anything in the top right corner or a place where I can browse through the themes. Can you post a screenshot of where to browse the themes?

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back