DAN.com

Dynadot Official Thread

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by Dynadot, May 5, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. BrandCollectors.com

BrandCollectors.com Restricted (DM)

@Dynadot ,

Regarding payment, correct it was submitted through Paypal so it means that PayPal unallowed as a payment when I use rrcom8 promocode? Re-registered a domain with another registrar.

Regarding url redirect no need any actions I now using another nameservers.

Thank you for the response.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Dynadot

Dynadot VIP Member Dynadot Staff VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

We didn't receive any payment notifications from Paypal unfortunately, so it appears that they never made a charge for the order. We don't have access to any further information from them unfortunately, but Paypal or your bank/card issuer may be able provide more information on that.

3. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

As for the paypal payment issue, why not to pre-fund the dynadot account using paypal (or, at least, try to?). The same amount (expected spending)... If something is wrong - then the issue would become more clear and easier to escalate. If it works - then the subsequent order should be processed fast (almost instantly), with or without promo code, using prepaid balance... Just imho.

4. tonyk2000

Here we go again:

WE WILL BE BACK SOON
    We are performing scheduled maintenance.

Not only routine tasks of existing customers are affected. This also affects aftermarket domain purchases! I started listing domains @ dynadot marketplace , with dynadot landing pages, just to test. At the time of this writing, the visitors are unable to purchase domains!

Will This Ever End? ;-()

@Dynadot

5. Dynadot

I'm very sorry to hear that, could you please PM us with the affected domain names so we can investigate that? The maintenance period should not have affected the marketplace or prevent anyone from purchasing the domains, and so we may need to escalate this to our engineering team for further investigation,

6. tonyk2000

Forsale Landing pages are now located on https :// www. dynadot. com / forsale/ domainname.com . It is where the system now forwards forsale domains. They do open - no issues. What was not working was a BUY NOW button on such pages, it showed the same content as dynadot main website ("we will be back soon"). So, the domain name is irrelevant. All domains are affected. Next time DynaDot shuts down, you may just click "buy now" on any marketplace BIN landing page - it would not work :(

7. tonyk2000

@Dynadot - can you check please why does the system disallow forsale domain landers to be indexed by search engines? Any and all landers by other marketplaces do allow indexing, so exact domain search (somedomain .com) on lets say google shows the header and content of the landing page, even it is domain for sale. Even it is forwarded. It happens everywhere. Not with dynadot-hosted landers.

Just visit https://www.dynadot.com/robots.txt - and you will find the following entries:

Disallow: /forsale/
    Disallow: /fr/forsale/

You knowingly prohibited search engines indexing. Why?

( /forsale/ is the url from which domain-for-sale marketplace landers are served, it is forwarding destination if forsale page is enabled: https :// www. dynadot. com / forsale/ domainname.com )

P.S. The issue is important. Very important. Many endusers do type the domain name they wish to visit in a search engine (default page of their browser), not in address bar... and click on a search result, which is normally the 1st result, to arrive to their desired website. If the indexing was disallowed, they would see no link to click. LOST SALES!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2020
  8. Dynadot

Thank you for bringing these issues to our attention @tonyk2000 , the for sale landing pages have recently been updated to allow potential buyers to contact sellers more easily but I'm not sure if our team were aware of these problems. I've escalated this to our engineering team, and we'll update the thread when we have more information regarding both the maintenance and search engine indexing issues.

9. DomainBanana

DomainBanana Established Member

Which would you choose:

A registrar that's there when you need them or a registrar that's constantly taking mini-vacations in the middle of the day?

Once again, the Dynadot team is unavailable by phone or chat when I need them most.

Support has now been down for hours.

This could cost me a sale.

Please address this ongoing availability problem @Dynadot

No $5.99 monthly promo compensates for your lack of reliability

Last edited: Aug 22, 2020
  10. tonyk2000

Thank you @Dynadot . It appears that an issue with robots.txt is not yet fixed. But it is a quick fix actually, something like

sed -i '/forsale/d' robots.txt

Can you make it happen please?

11. Dynadot

I'm sorry you weren't able to get in touch with us, at the time of your post we did have an agent online but our capacity is limited at certain times unfortunately as our new team members are currently still in training. We hope to have more chat agents available throughout the day soon.

12. Dynadot

Our marketing team has been looking into this over the weekend, and have now confirmed that we'll be removing the disallows from the robot.txt file. They've asked our engineers to have that removed, and that should be taken care of in the near future.

13. Dynadot

@tonyk2000 our engineers have confirmed that the robots.txt file has now been updated, and so domains using our For Sale landing pages can now be indexed by search engines, thank you again for the feedback.

14. eternaldomains

eternaldomains Established Member

Is there a way to set 'Full Privacy' as default for all new domain registrations instead of partial privacy? Been looking high and low for it but I just can't seem to find it.

15. DomainBanana

DomainBanana Established Member

16. Dynadot

Thanks @DomainBanana!

@eternaldomains this link should take you to the Default Domain Privacy setting if you're signed in. You'll see 3 options in the drop-down: Off, Partial, or Full. :happy:

17. varyemez

varyemez Markapol Domains VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Do you have free url forward on your panel (for domains)? I couldnt find??

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  18. Lox

Lox _____ VIP Gold Account

DNS Settings > Name Servers > New Window: Pulldown menu > Dynadot Forwarding / Stealth Forwarding

fw2.png fw.png

19. varyemez

varyemez Markapol Domains VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

20. Dynadot

21. EsterDee

EsterDee Established Member

want to ask, why my domain got this notification?

"mydomain": This domain is in grace deletion period.

not a few minutes registering a domain already got it

22. Dynadot

The grace deletion period allows you to delete a domain for an account credit if you wish to cancel the registration of the domain, you can find some more information on grace deletions and the grace deletion period for each TLD at the link below:

https://www.dynadot.com/domain/grace_deletion.html

23. Dynadot

The grace deletion period allows you to delete a domain for an account credit if you wish to cancel the registration of the domain, you can find some more information on grace deletions and the grace deletion period for each TLD at the link below:

https://www.dynadot.com/domain/grace_deletion.html

24. karmaco

karmaco Top Contributor VIP

What is the slow down today showing orders as paid? Orders

25. Dynadot

I'm sorry for the delays, we were receiving delayed payment notifications from Paypal yesterday which caused some orders to continue showing as 'Waiting For Payment' after payment had been made. Those delays have since been resolved, and your orders have been completed.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice