DAN.com

Dynadot Official Thread

Located in Domain Registrar Reviews, started by Dynadot, May 5, 2020

Replies:
Views:

1. Dynadot

Dynadot Top Member Dynadot Staff VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

We're very sorry for the current unexpected downtime, our engineers are working on having the issue resolved and we'll update the thread as soon as we're back online.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Dynadot

Sorry, the update slipped through the net yesterday. Our team were able to bring the site back online at around 7.15am PST.

3. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

Hey @Dynadot I really like the new Whois Lookup page. Just noticed it this morning. Very nice. No more popup!

4. Embrand

Embrand Top Contributor VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Wow, that is great news! It might seem like a small thing, but I have hated that popup whois for years :xf.grin:

5. alcy

alcy Top Contributor VIP

cant believe @Dynadot fone app doesnt even show how many names we own...or let u copy transfer code...what am I supposed to do with code i cant even copy...type it out char by char? the person who designed this app should be fired.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2020
  6. Silentptnr

Silentptnr Top Contributor VIP

@Dynadot

7. Dynadot

Thank you both! I've had your feedback passed on to our design team :xf.smile:

8. Dynadot

Thank you for letting us know about these problems, I don't believe these are intentional and have raised the issues with our app team for further investigation. Our team are constantly looking to improve our app and expand its features, so any feedback or suggestions are always greatly appreciated.

9. tonyk2000

tonyk2000 Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

@Dynadot - any plans to reactivate COMTRANS4 code (.com transfer promo)? ;)

Last edited: Oct 1, 2020
  10. aelko

aelko tldes.com - cheap domain prices Blue Account

promo code: COMTRANS4 (transfer $ 7.99) is working now.
    This code was not available for about 10 hours.

11. Dynadot

I'm sorry about that, I can confirm the code is now active again and will be active until 2020/12/31 23:59 UTC :xf.smile:

12. PapaTama

PapaTama Domain Enthusiasts VIP

@Dynadot Payment using paypal error, please fix it

"Things don't appear to be working at the moment. Please try again later."

Last edited: Oct 3, 2020
  13. Dynadot

I'm sorry about that, a change was made on Paypal's side that caused the Paypal payment links to show that error when used, our team has since made the necessary changes on our side and the links should be working as normal again.

If you're still seeing an error when using the payment links please let us know so our team can investigate that further. If you do see an error you should still be able to submit payment with Paypal by using the yellow 'PayPal Checkout' button shown after your order has been submitted.

14. james haw

james haw Top Contributor VIP

There are a number of posts in here from Dynadot/NP users showing problems, downtime, errors, bugs etc. Every company has them now and then, most keep them secret (I'm sure Dynadot doesn't reveal them all) but it's about how they're handled.

An apology in here and a pretty prompt fix - what more can a business do?

I have used Dynadot for years and never had any issues, I don't have a huge amount of domains there to be fair, but always found the prices decent and the site functionality pretty nice. Logical and easy to use UI.

Just saying thanks really, among all the niggles and moans reported :)

15. Dynadot

Thank you for the kind words @james haw, I've had your feedback passed on to the team :xf.smile:

16. jk23

jk23 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Getting a lot of spam emails and phone calls regarding domains I have recently purchased at Dynadot that have privacy enabled...?

17. passini

passini Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

They have free privacy. You just need to check your whois to see if you are under privacy.

Remember that some extensions (for example .us) doesn't allow privacy in the whois

18. jk23

jk23 Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Yes, they are .com's and have privacy enabled. And, I'm aware of the privacy on the other extensions. Thanks.

19. Dynadot

I'm sorry to hear that, could you please PM us with your Dynadot username and confirmation of some of the domains involved so we can investigate this? The privacy service is automatically applied upon registration if your account has privacy enabled by default, so there should be no contact information available through the Whois record.

Emails sent to your domain's privacy email address are forwarded to the email address in the underlying contact record however, so it is possible for some spam emails to be received if they're not picked up by our spam filter. You shouldn't be receiving any phone calls regarding the domains however, as your phone number is never displayed when using our privacy service.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice