Dynadot

Dynadot Official Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all!

We’ve created this thread to make it easier to communicate with us here on Namepros, and we’ll also be posting regular updates on our offers and products. Please feel free to share any feedback and suggestions with us, or to let us know if there’s anything we can assist with.

We’d like to kick things off with an extension of our $7.99 .COM transfer sale, the code “COMTRANS4” has been extended until 23:59 PST on May 31, and there’s no limit on how many domains you can transfer using the code. Every month we have great prices on a wide selection of domains, and you can find a full list of our sales here:

https://www.dynadot.com/sales.html

We’re also excited to share that our CEO, Todd Han, will be hosting an AMA (Ask Me Anything) right here on Namepros in the near future, with more information on a date and time coming soon.

Dynadot is an ICANN accredited domain name registrar and web host headquartered in San Mateo, California. Founded in 2002 by a software engineer, our primary focus is engineering and design excellence. Our custom written, state-of-the-art domain and hosting software is stable, fast, and easy to use. From humble beginnings, we have grown steadily and now are home to over 2.6 million domains.

Our goal is to provide our customers with world class registration and hosting services for a reasonable price. Most of our site is fully automated, allowing us to offer some of the lowest prices in the industry. At the same time we strive to provide excellent customer service, and helpful responses to all questions. If anything is not to your satisfaction, feel free to contact us, and we will do our best to resolve the situation.

We individually respond to every email we receive - no cut and paste responses. Customer service is handled by highly trained customer service representatives that work closely with our software engineers, so you are likely to get an intelligent response to your question.

Contact information:
Live chat support: https://www.dynadot.com/chat/login_resp.html
Email support: [email protected]
North American phone support: +1.866-262-3399 (toll free) and +1.650-262-0100
Chinese phone support: 400 803 5591
This was a promoted post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@calebdynadot 3 more things for auctions (pass to engineers plz)
1) When setting a filter and have some results, when pressing the bid button is better to
open in new tab, so results will stay at the other tab. Now need to search again. Could also open a pop up. Now only if browser accepts need right click and open in new tab.
2) for a reason ids of tlds and cctlds change many times an hour so when have a results set and refresh
after some time, appear other tlds/cctlds in results list (this is for years)
3)The best filter at auctions is missing all these years and is big surprise, at all auction platforms first filter is
the starred (watchlisted names), why to search one by one, in one page could be all and follow and bid.

Thanks in advance

•••
Now it is impossible to transfer out an expired domain, Dynadot wants me to "unlock the domain first" to get the code but when I try to unlock it says "This domain is expired. You must renew it before you can unlock it.". Really, Dynadot?
That has actually always been the case at Dynadot (as long as I can remember at least). You can still transfer expired domains out though! Please contact either our Chat support or [email protected] and our team would be more than happy to remove the expired flags so you can transfer!

•••
@calebdynadot 3 more things for auctions (pass to engineers plz)
1) When setting a filter and have some results, when pressing the bid button is better to
open in new tab, so results will stay at the other tab. Now need to search again. Could also open a pop up. Now only if browser accepts need right click and open in new tab.
2) for a reason ids of tlds and cctlds change many times an hour so when have a results set and refresh
after some time, appear other tlds/cctlds in results list (this is for years)
3)The best filter at auctions is missing all these years and is big surprise, at all auction platforms first filter is
the starred (watchlisted names), why to search one by one, in one page could be all and follow and bid.

Thanks in advance
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll pass those along to the team to see what we can do for 'em!
#3 should be fairly easy to add
#1 I think is a good idea, I'll certainly see what we can do for that however we don't have a ton of things on our site that open new tabs completely, but shouldn't be hard for our engineers to figure out, but I think the Pop-up idea like how our manage domains currently works might be fairly feasible to pull off!
2# Is this just for our Bulk Search for domains or is this on our Aftermarket pages as well?

•••
That has actually always been the case at Dynadot (as long as I can remember at least). You can still transfer expired domains out though! Please contact either our Chat support or [email protected] and our team would be more than happy to remove the expired flags so you can transfer!
Hi @calebdynadot,
That particular request used to always take 5 days to be actioned. Is that still the case, or can it be expedited upon request?

•••
Hi @calebdynadot,
That particular request used to always take 5 days to be actioned. Is that still the case, or can it be expedited upon request?
Hello! It should be instantaneous if you contact chat support! The only time our team won't remove the expired flag is if it's after the 38th day of expiration.

•••
Hello! It should be instantaneous if you contact chat support! The only time our team won't remove the expired flag is if it's after the 38th day of expiration.
Great, thanks. In the old days you had to submit a request and it never occurred earlier than 5 days. It seemed to be actually a timed thing, which only happened 5 days after submitting the request, I guess to discourage people from making such requests. I'm glad this is no longer the case. :)

•••
Thanks for the recommendations! I'll pass those along to the team to see what we can do for 'em!
#3 should be fairly easy to add
#1 I think is a good idea, I'll certainly see what we can do for that however we don't have a ton of things on our site that open new tabs completely, but shouldn't be hard for our engineers to figure out, but I think the Pop-up idea like how our manage domains currently works might be fairly feasible to pull off!
2# Is this just for our Bulk Search for domains or is this on our Aftermarket pages as well?
aftermarket only

•••
Hi Everyone,

We’re continuing our monthly product feature to showcase some of the products and tools we offer! We’re hoping that this will help familiarize new users with our platform, and brush up knowledge with our established users as well!

This month’s product feature is our Watchlist!

Our Watchlist Tool is an excellent way to stay on top of domains you’re on the hunt for, so you’ll know exactly where the domain is and when it will be available!Once a domain is added to the watchlist, our system will notify you if it will be available for registration, if it gets registered, if it is dropping in our backorders, or even if its going into our expired auctions! This way, you don’t have to manually check for every domain you’re looking for, as our system will remind you when and where to grab it.You can add domains to the watchlist from either the domain search, backorders, expired auctions, or marketplace by just selecting the star to the left of the domain!(Photo of star)To manage and view the domains you have on your watchlist, please follow the steps below:
  1. Sign in to your Dynadot account.
  2. Select “Domain Monitoring” from the left side menu, and then select “Watchlist” from the drop down.
You can even add domains to the list directly from the watchlist menu as well!
  1. Click the "Add Domains" button.
  2. Enter the domain name(s) you want to add in the "Watchlist" box.
  3. Press the "Add to Watchlist" button to save your changes.
You can also specify a Watchlist-Specific email and phone number by going to "My Info" - "Notifications" in the Account section. Our system will send a message to that email/number when your watchlisted domain has an auction or backorder that's nearing it's end.

For Backorders, the watchlist will send you a notification 5 days in advance of when the domain will be dropping, so you have enough time to place your Backorder!

I hope this Product feature was helpful! If you have questions regarding this, please comment on this thread, or send me a DM, or reach out to our support team and we’d be more than happy to assist you!

Attachments

• Screenshot (7).png
    Screenshot (7).png
    211.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot (8).png
    Screenshot (8).png
    389.4 KB · Views: 38
•••
Hi @calebdynadot

I qualify for Dynadot Bulk Pricing so I can renew .com domains for $9.83 instead of the standard $10.99 price.

But if I buy a domain from Closeouts its renewal costs $10.99, not $9.83:

Ren price 1099.png

Is this a bug, or is bulk pricing valid only when renewing domains that I already own (thus excluding Closeouts and Auctions)? Thanks!

•••
Hi @calebdynadot

I qualify for Dynadot Bulk Pricing so I can renew .com domains for $9.83 instead of the standard $10.99 price.

But if I buy a domain from Closeouts its renewal costs $10.99, not $9.83:

Show attachment 243240

Is this a bug, or is bulk pricing valid only when renewing domains that I already own (thus excluding Closeouts and Auctions)? Thanks!
At the moment the Closeout renewal price is the same across the board for all users. We may change that in the future, but as Closeouts are still new it's something we still need to look at adding. I'll let our team know of your request though!

•••
Reseting password page

What is the relation between you - Dynadot and Dwolla (Dwolla.com) and why we are forced to agree to Dwolla's ToS?

Seriously , Dynadot's customer password and Dwolla ToS?

d2.png

Regards

Last edited:
•••
Reseting password page

What is the relation between you - Dynadot and Dwolla (Dwolla.com) and why we are forced to agree to Dwolla's ToS?

Show attachment 243621

Regards

"Dwolla is a payment service provider that offers a modern API for businesses to seamlessly connect to the U.S. payment networks" -- I assume we can't buy anything on Dynadot without indirectly also using Dwolla so agreeing to their ToS kinda makes sense.

Last edited:
•••
Reseting password page

Show attachment 243621

Regards
Hello, @Rhinnnn is correct, Dwolla is one of our payment-gateway partners, and we just require you agree to their services as well if you use our website. This is something they implemented fairly recently, so if you had an existing account before the service agreement was required our system will ask you on Password resets instead. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
•••
Hello, @Rhinnnn is correct, Dwolla is one of our payment-gateway partners, and we just require you agree to their services as well if you use our website. This is something they implemented fairly recently, so if you had an existing account before the service agreement was required our system will ask you on Password resets instead. Hope that helps!

It is not clear. For me at least. So, ... did you read the Dwolla ToS? "This TOS applies to your creation and use of a Dwolla Account (“Account”) provided to you through one of Dwolla’s clients."

What Dwolla payment service has to do with the Dynadot password reset?

Do Dynadot share customer data and password? What kind of data is shared?

Regards
"Dwolla is a payment service provider that offers a modern API for businesses to seamlessly connect to the U.S. payment networks" -- I assume we can't buy anything on Dynadot without indirectly also using Dwolla so agreeing to their ToS kinda makes sense.

Thx Rhinnnn
Regards

Last edited:
•••
It is not clear. For me at least. So, ... did you read the Dwolla ToS? "This TOS applies to your creation and use of a Dwolla Account (“Account”) provided to you through one of Dwolla’s clients."

What Dwolla payment service has to do with the Dynadot password reset?

Regards
Apologies if I wasn't clear, what I meant was that every new account has to sign the Dwolla agreement, and now we ask you to sign it if you hadn't before, we just do it at the password reset instead. It has nothing directly to do with the password reset but that's just where we ask you to sign it if you had not before.

EDIT: Let me check with our engineers and get back to you on this, as I'm not sure on why it requires it on every password reset instead of just once per account.

Last edited:
•••
Apologies if I wasn't clear, what I meant was that every new account has to sign the Dwolla agreement, and now we ask you to sign it if you hadn't before, we just do it at the password reset instead. It has nothing directly to do with the password reset but that's just where we ask you to sign it if you had not before.

I read Dwolla ToS and it is for Dynadot - the company , not for Dynadot users/customers.

Dynadot ToS

5.11 In order to use the direct debit functionality of our application, you must open a "Dwolla Account" provided by Dwolla, Inc. and you must accept the Dwolla Terms of Service and Privacy Policy. Any funds held in or transferred through your Dwolla Account are held or transferred by Dwolla's financial institution partners. You must be at least 18 years old to create a Dwolla Account. You authorize us to collect and share with Dwolla your personal information including full name, email address and financial information, and you are responsible for the accuracy and completeness of that data. You understand that you will access and manage your Dwolla Account through our application, and Dwolla account notifications will be sent by us, not Dwolla. We will provide customer support for your Dwolla Account activity.

I don't use the direct debit ... so I don't need to agree to the Dwolla ToS and Policy . And partially I don't like the collect and share part also ...

I'll move on and transfer out.

Thanks for your support, time and answers.

Regards

Last edited:
•••
I read Dwolla ToS and it is for Dynadot - the company , not for Dynadot users/customers.

Dynadot ToS

I don't use the direct debit ... so I don't need to agree to the Dwolla ToS and Policy . And partially I don't like the collect and share part also ...

Regards
I will check into if we can make the agreement exclusively when you pay with Direct Debit.

•••
By agreeing to Dwolla ToS, the customer agrees that he is US resident. As per these ToS...
Why are non-US customers of Dynadot required to agree then?

Last edited:
•••
Before the interface update, whenever we wanted to perform an action triggering "unlock account", it would return us to the starting point afterwards so we could just finish what we started. Now, we are left at the "unlock account" page and have to find that domain which we wanted to do something with and move to that action we wanted to do all over again. A huge downgrade of user experience.

•••
I certainly understand your frustration with it, as it's something I've heard reiterated from many within the domaining community about our platform.

We can only host expired auctions like these within the 40 Grace Renewal days (otherwise it would need to be restored from the Registry for a much higher cost, and even then the original owner could still send a restoration through themselves while the auction is taking place). Since we currently offer the full 40 days of grace renewal for all our customers, renewal or transferring is unfortunately some of the risks involved with our expired auctions.

As I said, it is something we've heard loud and clear from the community, and it is on our list to re-work this year. However, it may take some time to get right as we will need to re-work how a lot of our system functions to accommodate that so I do apologize in the mean time for cancelled auctions!

gd fixed that problem so can u. check out how they do it. u just move a few timelines around. a 5yr old can do it.

•••

Dynadot ToS

Regards
Hello again, we've removed it from the Password reset page! You should only need to sign it when you use Dwolla for the first time now, or create a new account. If you have an account and don't need to use Direct Debit, then you will not be prompted to sign it! Sorry for the confusion on my part there, this is a relatively new change so we're still ironing it out.

•••
gd fixed that problem so can u. check out how they do it. u just move a few timelines around. a 5yr old can do it.
We're currently working on how best to approach this, and are aiming for change within the next quarter or so!

•••
Before the interface update, whenever we wanted to perform an action triggering "unlock account", it would return us to the starting point afterwards so we could just finish what we started. Now, we are left at the "unlock account" page and have to find that domain which we wanted to do something with and move to that action we wanted to do all over again. A huge downgrade of user experience.
I'm sorry about this, our engineers are aware of the issue and are working for a solution at the moment.

•••
We're currently working on how best to approach this, and are aiming for change within the next quarter or so!

or so... yea right... before u are done countless folk will cheat system for price checks.on their.names... and just waste time bidding and get refund
.. but I know u domt care... u didnt fix.it last years why would u now
.. your sense of urgency is an abomination. just send all exp names on day 26 to auction... like gd.. and block all renewals and transfers on that day too.. too lazy are ya.. I know

•••
or so... yea right... before u are done countless folk will cheat system for price checks.on their.names... and just waste time bidding and get refund
.. but I know u domt care... u didnt fix.it last years why would u now
.. your sense of urgency is an abomination. just send all exp names on day 26 to auction... like gd.. and block all renewals and transfers on that day too.. too lazy are ya.. I know
I understand your frustration with this (believe me we've gotten plenty of complaints regarding our auctions), however as this will change our system quite a bit we're still working on how best to approach this. We're looking at having it figured out in the next few months here! Thank you for your patience in the mean time.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back