NameSilo

Dub.io - A new tool for parking your domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kevin Johnson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Stick

We did have a bug on deleting keywords. It's been resolved now.

Currently, we don't have a "global" settings - there is a "copy from another site" in "translation", which lets you easily copy settings from another site.

We'll enable this option for everything else too.

Another good option would be when creating a new site, you copy settings from an existing one.

I'll look into your Google AdSense code too.

•••
Cool, thanks a lot!
And the AdSense problem might very well be on my side - not sure I copied the code into the right field etc.
But great if you look into it, so I can find out for next time. I also added Amazon affiliate link, not sure it's online.

cheers

•••
Hi Kevin,

I was trying to figure out how to add additional domains to the twitter account.
It says "this account is already ...." or something like that.

I'm guessing you guys have a way to do this.
It would be strange if a member added several domains and only one was allowed to be connected to twitter.

Thanks.

Peace,
Cy

•••
@Cyberian it worked for me, you have to be logged in to your 'new' twitter account for the domain though.
However, I still have not managed to delete those content keywords....

•••
Hi Stick, @Stick

By "new" do you mean open a twitter acct for each domain?

Peace,
Cy

•••
Hi Cy, @Cyberian,

You have to assign one twitter account to each domain.

•••
I am loving DUB.io! There is just a VERY small learning curve, it very minimal and not tedious at all. DUB.io , You Rock!

•••
No @.X. YOU rock. :)

Anyway,

@Cyberian At the moment, we are making it "one site per one twitter account".

"Many sites to one twitter account" will probably not work, since multiple sites will post to the same twitter account and we don't want your twitter account to be seem like it's being "spammed".

"One site to many twitter accounts" - hm, this is something we can do and have different posts being distributed to different twitter accounts - Perhaps we can look at this.

I hope that makes sense. @Stick thanks for answering the question first! :)

•••
Not trying to crack wise here...
What if you don't want a few hundred twitter accounts?
How important is having twitter connected to your domain?

Peace,
Cy

•••
•••
@Cyberian

Happy to hear your comments always! :)

I suppose connecting Twitter to a domain is optional. But by connecting it gives an added advantage of your domain being visible via Twitter through the contents available on your site. Posting relevant tweets doesn't guarantee people clicking on links and visiting your site, but it certainly helps.

But I do understand that you won't be able to manage hundreds of Twitter accounts.

We can look into making more than one site connected to the single Twitter account, but still make sure that it's not spamming. Will put that on our list!

•••
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your speedy reply.
I really like what you guys are doing, just wondered how to do it on a mass scale.

Everything is coming along fine on the sites I have up (see sig), and I want to thank you for your personal touch in working out the bugs.
Also, got that email showing the stats on the sites. Nice touch.

Peace,
Cy

•••
@busyj Let me know how things go! Happy to help you along the way. You can directly email us on [email protected] too... we check our emails frequently.

@Cyberian No problem! We put it on our list of to-do's!

•••
@Cyberian @Stick

Just wanted to let you guys know that you can now connect the same Twitter to multiple parking sites on Dub.

The automated tasks will be then shared across the sites that are using the Twitter account, which means your Twitter account will not be swamped with all these automated tasks - which is good. Also means, as @Cyberian said, you don't need to create Twitter accounts for every domain if you don't want to.

Hope that helps!

•••
Hi Kevin,

It just keeps getting better. :tu:

Peace,
Cy

•••
Hello Kevin,

I've looked through the thread and on your site trying to find an answer to a question (I am sure it has been addressed but can't find it). The question is: can we place a link to our 'for sale page' for each domain on the landing/content page or is it up to someone to use the 'contact us' form? Thanks.

•••
Hi @Mister Funsky

Funny that you asked. We temporarily disabled this feature just yesterday. We are trying to make it a bit better. Very soon, there will be an option for you to choose which will let you place a message about your domain for sale.

Will update once we enable this back on!

•••
Funny that you asked.

After all, 'fun' is part of my name!

Will update once we enable this back on!

Thanks...good idea what you are doing. I'd approached a few people about building something similar but I am glad you beat us to it! LOTS of work and time to do it properly.

I look forward to trying your site out and hope you will keep the pricing reasonable once you have dialed everything in...it would be interesting if you could give the option of charging a flat rate per 'x' amount of domains with a sliding scale for every added 'x' amount or give the option to somehow share in any profits...let the domainer decide quarterly or yearly which route he/she wants to take...just brainstorming and/or braincrashing...long day here on the east coast...thanks!

•••
I deleted my account on Dub last month because I can not control which information or which sources, websites that I want to get news. Now do you have those functions? I want to choose some specific websites to get their posts and I need to review posts before publishing to the public.

Cheers,

•••
Hi @daica85

I like the idea of "choosing some specific websites" - Let me put that on our list.

We do have "filters". Which will filter out posts based on a variety of conditions.

You actually can review posts before they are being published! It's in the "settings" > "contents".

Sorry about things are not being too clear or hard to find. We are working to make sure that things are more user-friendly in the future. I'll send you a PM to help you get going!

•••
@Mister Funsky

Totally agree with you. There are LOTs to do. :) Hopefully we'll get there. Definitely listening to suggestions on what the future paid plans will be. We'll make sure that it's friendly. But for now, we are just focused on our little tool so that it brings value! Look forward to hearing more of your ideas.

•••
Definitely listening to suggestions

One just hit me...content (relevant content) is very important when 'parking' in this manner so can you make it possible for the domain owner to insert his/her own articles? One of my 'hobbies' is a freelance commercial/ad copy writer and it would be awesome for me to be able to include highly relevant material on some of my better names.

•••
@Kevin Johnson I'm repeating myself, but I really like your dub.io platform. it's a nice, easy showcase for your domain. As to monetizing it eventually, maybe one avenue is sharing ad revenue (if there is any, natch, haha).
Anyway, one of my domains is for a 'future' magazine on AR Augmented Reality, and I thought dub.io could be a good way to make a sorta-site work. url is ARMagazin /DE
For some reason, there is a double- '..' after the www, so the page won't load. I selected my domain to have a 'www', maybe that is why, and a typo got in somewhere? I can't find a place to edit it though. Not sure if I made a mistake, or the machine - any insight?
thanks!

•••
@Stick

My goodness, what a terrible bug from us. So sorry. :yuck:

Fixed your site's issue. It should resolve now. Will make the "www" prefix editable in our next release, which should be in about an hour or so.

My apologies again!

•••
@Mister Funsky

Funny that you say that (! I said that again! haha)

If you go to "settings" and "content", you should see a "Submission" tab. You can allow people to submit posts. :)

Let me know how that works out and if you need that feature to be more expanded then we can work on it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back