Dynadot

Dub.io - A new tool for parking your domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kevin Johnson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What's the catch? How does Dub.io benefit?

Edit: Welcome to NamePros!

•••
Hey Grilled.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

Right now, we are "testing the waters". We like the idea and we really like where our tool is going in terms of the features. We have a few hundred users on board using and testing our tool each day and feedback so far has been very positive.

I suppose, our long term goal is to provide this tool as a monthly-subscription based service. We haven't really set on the price yet, nor have we really started to think about the revenue side. Right now, we are focusing on our product.

Hope that answers your question. Would love to hear your thoughts!

•••
Hi @kevin

Welcome to NP...

I like the concept, will definitely check it out.

•••
Interesting, however you may want to add 2-3 examples of websites so we can see how the websites can look.

•••
•••
Going to set-up a website for my selfdrivi.ng domain, this made me very curious, will post the results later today or tomorrow.
Edit: I belive that if you want to create a website with them you'll have to redirect your domain to the subdomain they created for you, so your website won't be blabla.com but blabla.dub.io
Is that correct @Kevin Johnson ?

Last edited:
•••
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

Errors with social login
I tried fb and google

•••
Thanks guys for all the kind welcomes.

@Constantin S

Will definitely put up some examples. Here are two I can give - I own those two domains and I use Dub.io to park them.

www[.]heystartup[.]com (tech startup news)
www[.]datainfact[.]com (links + news on data science and data analytics, big data)

(sorry for the weird links, I can't post links at the moment)

Also, you actually "point" your domain to the sub-domain we create for you via CNAME. Which means, you still use your own domain (just like the examples I gave you above), but behind the scene, it will connect via CNAME to the sub-domain provided.

To the end users, it's still the domain you own. You can use either top level or sub-domain of your choice.

@siddardha

Apologies on the social login not working. Will look into it right now and fix them!

Last edited:
•••
I just tried visiting heystartup.com, but it gave me a forbidden error page

•••
Sorry, there should be "www" at the front. I should set up the forwarding properly. Will do that now. :) Thanks for letting me know.

•••
@siddardha

Login via Facebook + Google fixed. Silly me. Sorry about that again.

•••
www[.]datainfact[.]com (links + news on data science and data analytics, big data)

Maybe I'm receiving an error, but this site looks horrible.

The URL redirects to this spammy mumbo jumbo:

upload_2017-6-1_10-17-42.png

... and the site looks like a default WP plugin was inserted without any customization.
www[.]heystartup[.]com (tech startup news)

Minus the issue of having to type in www. (not sure how many endusers still do this) this site looks way better.

No issue with a spammy URL:
upload_2017-6-1_10-19-42.png

I was prompted with an email signup:
upload_2017-6-1_10-21-9.png

There's plenty of related articles:
upload_2017-6-1_10-22-29.png

•••
Hey @Grilled

Thanks for checking it out.

Hm, there must be some strange contents coming in for the first website that you checked out. Can you tell me the actual link of that horrible link? I'm sure I can get that cleaned up.

We're trying to better handle the case of having to type "www". You can easily make it redirect via your domain registrar, but of course this is an extra step. We could do a AAA record type of forwarding, but that would tie the users down to a specific IP address. So right now, for simplicity, we decided to stick with CNAME redirect. Hopefully we can resolve something soon!

•••
•••
@Logic97

Just saw your site - how about connecting a Twitter account for some scheduled auto-tweeting (you decide how often it gets tweeted) - We found that drives a lot of traffic to sites. :)

Let me know if you need any help or with any feature requests etc!

Last edited:
•••
•••
Just an idea, you could provide an option to somehow disrupt the uniformity of the posts.

For instance, make the images bigger , or change the shape of the post etc. So that it does not look like it was created by a bot ;)

•••
@Asfas1000 Good idea.

We do have different "themes" coming soon. Which will give you a bit more variety on how things will be displayed.

•••
We do have different "themes" coming soon. Which will give you a bit more variety on how things will be displayed.

Thanks, sounds good. My point is to make it appear less "robotic".

•••
Can you tell me the actual link of that horrible link? I'm sure I can get that cleaned up.

DataInFact.com redirects to http://wordpress-4841-71681-211522.cloudwaysapps.com/

and has the below screenshot as a homepage.
upload_2017-6-1_13-7-46.png

This issue being, www. is missing.

I think it's crucial a fix be in place so users not entering www can see the ads / content etc. That's the point of the service, right? Aside from automated social media posts...

Instructing users to do a redirect may be the long fix. Is there something that can be done using nameservers?

Edit: Nameserver.io might be something to look into for bulk redirects.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
@Grilled Thanks for the explanation. Will definitely look into this thing. You're totally right, not many would be typing www at the front thesedays. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back