Domain Empire

Dub.io - A new tool for parking your domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kevin Johnson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Stick

! Nothing should take an hour.

It should be fixed now. :)

•••
Articles on all of my sites aren't showing - getting a
Whoops, looks like something went wrong.
message when you click on any article from either the main site or from a Twitter post.

•••
If you go to "settings" and "content", you should see a "Submission" tab. You can allow people to submit posts.

Thanks for letting me know...I didn't see it. :xf.smile:

•••
@Kpett

Sorry for that issue - was in the middle of releasing a fix on the previous problem. Should be all good now!

@Mister Funsky - I think we need to do better to make things more "visible". :) Working on it.

Last edited:
•••
@Mister Funsky

Just letting you know, we've re-enabled "selling your domain" option. You can enable this in the "domain" settings.

It's quite simple (or rudimentary) at the moment. We'll definitely expand it in the future so that you can make a more fancy "for sale" page. But this is a start. Let me know if you need any other help!

•••
how to change the keyword?

•••
@Sudiono Muji

When you login to your admin (www.dub.io website), you can click on "manage" for your site and you should see "keyword search" menu item under "content import".

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 5.05.51 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 5.05.51 pm.png
    40.2 KB · Views: 29
•••
Hi Kevin,

In the ad manager, when we are adding a specific ad code, it would be great if we have an option to enable it for only "custom pages" instead of "site wide". Is it doable?

By the way, I've just checked the "submit content" section and it now accepts pictures as well, it was text only before. It was in my mind to bring it to your attention, you beat on that. :)

•••
@NitroJunkie Let me look into that site wide ad thing. I think we might allow custom pages to also add individual ad components. Will get back to you on that one.

•••
•••
Actually, my previous post should have read "custom pages and submitted content". Sorry for being a pain in the neck... :)

Hi Kevin,

In the ad manager, when we are adding a specific ad code, it would be great if we have an option to enable it for only "custom pages" instead of "site wide". Is it doable?

By the way, I've just checked the "submit content" section and it now accepts pictures as well, it was text only before. It was in my mind to bring it to your attention, you beat on that. :)

•••
@kevin cool thanks, it's working again.
As to the custom pages, it would be good indeed - for German domains, there is this pesky problem that we need an "impressum", which is basically contact data that need to be at most one click away. If you don't, you risk getting a note from some sc***y lawyer to the tune of €100. Ridic', I know, but one has to comply, unfortunately. So a custom page that could be used for that would be great, yes.

•••
@NitroJunkie (no worries! appreciate your feedback as always!) In terms of inserting specific ad units to posts, you can already do that. Go to "contents" and click on each post and there should be "advertising" and you can insert it there. This will of course override the ads you specified in the "revenue" section (which is a 'global' settings) - screenshot attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 9.28.42 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2017-08-04 at 9.28.42 pm.png
    58.4 KB · Views: 32
•••
@Stick In terms of "contact" data - there should be a "contact us" link - is that not sufficient? You can also create a custom page with any type of contact data you want. Unless you are looking to create a "form page" - which would be a bit difficult at the moment.

•••
@kevin I wish it were so. Sadly, german law is very weird when it comes to the "inter-net". Don't get me started..haha. the one thing you need on a homepage in .de domains is is a link to a page that says "impressum", and where you can find the relevant contact info. This shouldn't be none of your problem, I know. Ideally, it would link to photo of the relevant text, so my name and adress and fully out in the open - but text is probably more feasible. Anyway, not sure if you can (or are willing to) accommodate this rather odd wish, I fully understand if you don't (upshot: every german domain will have this issue).
cheers and thanks for your quick feedback!

•••
Just letting you know, we've re-enabled "selling your domain" option. You can enable this in the "domain" settings.

It's quite simple (or rudimentary) at the moment. We'll definitely expand it in the future so that you can make a more fancy "for sale" page. But this is a start. Let me know if you need any other help!

Thanks for letting me know...thru my registrar I have the 'for sale' info with checkout and/or contact info. As long as I can refer to that things are good...if and when you develop internal for sale page that would be nice...that way we (domainers) can put what information we feel is relative to facilitate a sale.

•••
Thanks.. another piece of the puzzle has been solved. Rgrds

@NitroJunkie (no worries! appreciate your feedback as always!) In terms of inserting specific ad units to posts, you can already do that. Go to "contents" and click on each post and there should be "advertising" and you can insert it there. This will of course override the ads you specified in the "revenue" section (which is a 'global' settings) - screenshot attached.

•••
Hi @Stick

Perhaps you can send me this contact page text? You can send me a private message or email me ([email protected]). I'm pretty sure we can accommodate this easily. Send me through what you need to put in there and we can just do it for you (doesn't matter if it's in German.... haha - not that I would understand).

@Mister Funsky Yes you can link to a separate URL at the moment, so it should work. Will definitely need to do more work on it :)

@NitroJunkie - Sorry that it's a puzzle. Very soon, we'll make things easier to find! We are working on it! :)

•••
•••
Got an email saying Dub.io now offers Parking Pages. Any examples?

I'm interested in seeing what the contact form looks like.

•••
Looks good Kevin.... thanks. Pages are really looking great.

Could you pls tell how I can hotlink to "unsplash.com" to change the background images? I've noticed the image url you've used in the themes are formatted. How can I generate those formatted links?

I've signed up to unsplash but couldn't figure out how to do it.

•••
@hxp

Here's one I use for one of my domains.

http://loggy.net
http://swimmingly.co/

Pretty simple at the moment. We will be adding more features going forward. Let me know if you're after something particular.

@NitroJunkie If you select a theme for a parking page and then go to "customize" you should be able to type in a URL for an image (or you can upload one). You actually don't need to sign up for unsplash. You just need a URL to one of its images. Find an image that you like, find its URL and then just link it in the "customize" tab. Let me know if you're having trouble. Email or PM me directly and I'll guide you.

•••
dub.io just keeps getting better and better - love it!

•••
@Kevin Johnson Hey Kevin, my site futuradomain.com has a long list of content, but none of it is being tweeted. Looks like the Twitter account is properly set up, and one tweet actually went out. Could you please take a look at this?

•••
@hxp

Here's one I use for one of my domains.

http://loggy.net
http://swimmingly.co/

Pretty simple at the moment. We will be adding more features going forward. Let me know if you're after something particular.

@NitroJunkie If you select a theme for a parking page and then go to "customize" you should be able to type in a URL for an image (or you can upload one). You actually don't need to sign up for unsplash. You just need a URL to one of its images. Find an image that you like, find its URL and then just link it in the "customize" tab. Let me know if you're having trouble. Email or PM me directly and I'll guide you.

Thank you. Looks great! :)

My suggestions/requests:

- Change "is available for sale" to "may be available for sale".
- Change "Suggest a Price" to "Offer", "Make Offer", or "Make an Offer".
- Change "Please tell us more..." to "Message".
- Include a currency unit (USD).
- Escrow.com Integration (like Bodis).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back