IT.COM

Dub.io - A new tool for parking your domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Kevin Johnson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys,

My name is Kevin, been following this forum for quite awhile, but joined because I wanted to share a news. I am a VP of product at Dub.io, which is a small tool that our team has been building for a few weeks.

We wanted to see if we can create a new (and hopefully better) domain parking tool. We've named ourselves "Dub.io" - nice and short. It works like this.

1. Sign-up and you will get a website - to which, you can of course point your domain to. However, if you don't want to, that's ok. We will give you a Dub.io sub-domain.

2. Once that's done, you can start "populating" the site with contents. This can come from RSS feeds, YouTube videos or just from the web articles. Dub.io takes care of automatically crawling these and inserting into your site.

3. Each content can also be automatically tweeted to your designated Twitter account (this will usually bring more traffic and also get you some followers). You can also set up so that it's automatically posted to Blogger or Tumblr sites too.

4. And of course, you can monetize it. Right now, we allow you to insert your own Google AdSense ads and VigLink code. The best part? You keep all the revenue generated from your sites. We don't take anything.

5. Each site is all responsive to different screen-sizes. We try to include a variety of media types like images and related videos so contents are more engaging. Right now, we are in a "testing" phase, so everything is free! We would love for you to come and check us out and let me know if you have any questions.
Would love to discuss via this thread or if you have any questions, you can email me at hello @ dub.io

Thank you so much for your time guys.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi hxp,

You can use the "translation" to play on the text.

•••
Hi Kevin,

I've followed your suggestion for the background image but still no luck. The default image links for the themes are starting with "images.unsplash.com .....".

Last edited:
•••
@NitroJunkie

Let me take a look at it! :)

@hxp @NitroJunkie beat me to it! :) You can use translation to change some of the text labels you mentioned. For other fields, we'll add something very soon!

•••
@NitroJunkie

I just tried to change the background image of your parking page jakuzi.com. Please take a look. I'm not sure if the previous image URL you copied and pasted actually refers to a proper image?

•••
@NitroJunkie

Just quickly. I know you requested custom advertising items to be added to the custom pages. This is now available. Click on the custom page in your admin panel and you should see "advertising" tab.

•••
Kevin thanks.

Let's say I wanna use this pic: "unsplash.com/search/photos/water?photo=xaZSE0h7yIY". What I'm doing is copying & pasting this URL into the related area but obviously it is not working. I've just checked the url you changed, it is starting with "images.unsplash.com .....". How do you do that? :)

Custom advertising will be really good, thanks a lot.

Can you pls also let us edit the meta tags?

•••
@NitroJunkie

Ah. I got you. You're copying the actual page URL, which shows the full image, but it's actually not an image.

Even when you right-click on the page, you can't get the URL of an image! So what I did was on Chrome, I right-clicked and then inspected the actual HTML of the page to get the raw image URL.

Urg. Strange how Unsplash doesn't let you have the URL easily.

Hope that helps!

•••
ahhaa.. another mystery solved. :) thnks

•••
Fyi: I went through the thread after intuitively setting up yesterday. Impressed on the ease of set up. Nice product @Kevin Johnson !

Comments:

moochsays page is interesting but some ascii foreign language translation from articles not being displayed properly with accents mixed with non english on same page. I liked the edit not sure if some was manually done.

Futuradomain I looked at your new format experiment. Good start to try a different layout, not sure where issue is however the boxes of each article are appearing scattered all over the page. All on the left side are hidden under the menu and cannnot be viewed. Also google Adsense ad vertical on right column was populated, but once I clicked on it it redirected to some google error page. Not sure why, if google is flagging it or not.

I tried the responsive test on another domain i parked and pleasantly surprised at photos showing nicely, articles also. It looked better than desktop version. The new product is coming along! I like it a lot!

Looking forward to seeing this concept and product grow!

•••
@offthehandle appreciate the comments for other users. Let us know if you find any issues or features that you want.

I looked at futuradomain and it actually looked ok for me. I'll try different things to see if I can reproduce the strange look that you're referring to.

And the broken characters are our fault - need to work on these!

•••
@Kevin Johnson - looks like futuradomain is now showing okay, but the most recent content is 3 days old - all of which was tweeted today!

•••
Hi Kevin,

Could you guys pls include more TT fonts in the customization of the themes? As of now, there is only one: "Old Standard TT".

Thanks, Rgrds

•••
Hi @Kevin Johnson
Once several news rss feeds have been aggregated, Is there a way to resort them all so that the newest feeds are at the top and in ordered by date? Thanks!

•••
@Kpett Sent you a separate email - will be working on a deeper analysis of how crawling is done - will keep you posted

@NitroJunkie Got your PM - Would you be able to tell me list of TrueType fonts that you want from Google Fonts? That's where we get our list of fonts. Tell me which font to include and I'll add them to the list.

@offthehandle Let me look into this - shouldn't be too hard!

•••
Ok, So i took about 20 minutes, Not being familiar with all the tweak settings that DUB offers, otherwise it would have only taken half that time. Keep in mind, I HAVE NO sense of design at all, I just went at it, It was soooo simple, The biggest thing to remember, One you change your Background, Fonts, Anything you change at all, Don't forget to click "Save" at the bottom, otherwise your changes wont be saved, Simple enough.

So what i did, I went to UnSplash.com, uploaded me a background, Now the background will appear in the navigation area of your site, The next thing i did was change the header color, Then i resized and changed my font size to my Domain Name. I added a couple of affiliate banners.

My objective was to merely clean the site up, That was it, nothing more.

I am telling you people, Kevin and DUB ROCK! This is exactly what this industry needs!!

The Site i worked on, For a mere 20 minutes www.WeekNite.com

The Potential and Power that DUB,io offers, Excites me beyond belief, Superior feeds with simplicity, Along with multiple streams of income potential. Hell Yes and Thank You! to DUB.io

Last edited:
•••
Picture on the navigation looks really cool. This the first time I'm seeing...

Kevin definitely rocks. He is working day in day out for taking care of my never ending requests... :)
confession: sorry Kevin for being a pain in the neck.

•••
Picture on the navigation looks really cool. This the first time I'm seeing...

Kevin definitely rocks. He is working day in day out for taking care of my never ending requests... :)
confession: sorry Kevin for being a pain in the neck.

Just go in there and have fun NitroJunkie, I am just learning the platform, and it is just to freakin cool, a lot of fun to fiddle with, Just an example Take a look at www.Gluei.com as opposed to www.WeekNite.com , I plan on pimping my sites out as i learn the platform more and more.

If all holds well, I expect i will have 200 sites at DUB.io , It is just that sweet to me. Not to mention the amount of social media traffic i am getting from DUB, It is just outstanding!

•••
•••
@.X. Thank you. I'm glad you're having fun with it. We're having fun building things too. We have a long way to go though. :)

@NitroJunkie - I have a pretty strong back - so keep your comments coming! Always welcome. :)

•••
@rcinfo88 Will look through and PM you directly on things you can do! Looks like your domain hasn't resolved yet. Give it some time, it will arrive. Otherwise, I'll take a look at it and let you know.

•••
Just go in there and have fun NitroJunkie, I am just learning the platform, and it is just to freakin cool, a lot of fun to fiddle with, Just an example Take a look at ....

I have a domain perfectly fits on quizzes. Thank you for the inspiration. ;)

•••
Kevin is the God of patience, that's for sure - awesome support!

•••
Last edited:
•••
@.X. Thank you. I'm glad you're having fun with it. We're having fun building things too. We have a long way to go though. :)

@NitroJunkie - I have a pretty strong back - so keep your comments coming! Always welcome. :)
Dub is really a nice easy to use tool. I found this list of 373 different and categorized news feeds and thought I would share it here for you guys working on your sites.

http://baleen.districtdatalabs.com/

this one is on foods- huge categories
https://www.specialtyfood.com/rss/

Thanks for the share:xf.smile:

•••
I did another ,Color, Font and font color, and background scheme, Including finding my new
background that i wanted to use , 25 minutes total. I have NO sense of design, I am not even good at color matching. DUB makes it all so easy, and it is a lot of fun messing with too:xf.smile:

I did www.WeekNite.com over again

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back