IT.COM

Dot .DOMAINS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I thought there should be a thread where users can showcase there newly acquired .domains
Many interesting domains have already been registered. What .domains do you have?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
That makes sense, if the TM holders did not secure the domains for their brands and all possible variations in the hundreds of TLDs that already exist, that means they relinquish their TM rights.
Therefore, Second Life, Goto etc are not valid TMs. Thank you very much for your insight.

By the way, my name is Barack Hussain Obama.

So is this TLD release the hope and change you actually meant? :hehe:

•••
Now there's another thread by some guy who wants to run his own registry wherein he owns all the domains and no one can control their domain. The Twilight Zone.

so what dude.. why do a lot of you guys hate change so much?

its just website addresses.. or do a lot of you just wanna shake your fist like some old person and yell as loud as you can EH SONNY I REMEMBER WHEN........

•••
so what dude.. why do a lot of you guys hate change so much?

its just website addresses.. or do a lot of you just wanna shake your fist like some old person and yell as loud as you can EH SONNY I REMEMBER WHEN........
Did you even read what I wrote? Did I mention one thing about change?

•••
Credibility? Ha, most of you are nefarious trolls with not enough productive work. There are ZERO qualifications to post comments in this forum, so what does credibility matter? Some of you are teens who are in the process of maturing into responsible, productive adults, but many of you won't make it to that point without first going to prison or getting in big trouble somewhere.
There you go, another noobie to the game in here, that is smarter and more informed on domains than those that have been here and in the biz for years. ..whatever. Go on and keep insulting everyone with your condescending insults and superiority attitude. Like those many before you, you'll be back to flipping burgers, where you came from, in no time. Good luck to ya. (You'll need it.)

•••
Credibility?
You talk about "credibility" and yet you claim that you had been involved in the release of new gTLDs. Were you a member of any ICANN advisory group on new gTLDs? Were you a registrar or involved in the domain name industry? Perhaps you were just involved as a domain name registrant and no different from thousands of others.

It must be galling for those who were involved in the ICANN advisory groups and in the domain name industry at large to see people like you wanting to take credit for their hard work. But then for you it is just marketing and those who actually were involved in the release of the new gTLDs just accept that with good grace. However please don't try taking credit for the work of others - it lessens your credibility.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Credibility? Ha, most of you are nefarious trolls with not enough productive work. There are ZERO qualifications to post comments in this forum, so what does credibility matter? Some of you are teens who are in the process of maturing into responsible, productive adults, but many of you won't make it to that point without first going to prison or getting in big trouble somewhere.

You're domain credibility shows from your join date to this forum (Feb 2014). You're maturity is reflected daily in your posts. Didn't you say that you were leaving and never to return?

•••
You're domain credibility shows from your join date to this forum (Feb 2014). You're maturity is reflected daily in your posts. Didn't you say that you were leaving and never to return?

BTW I have to disagree with you on this one because join date doesnt mean crap. I may also be new to this forum but that doesnt mean anything.

For example I made my first domain investment back in 1999 when I paid $500 for a geo domain that I still have in my portfolio and since then I bought and sold quite a few domains. I also paid XX,XXX for at least 10 premium domains I wanted for my portfolio/projects.

On the other hand, I'm not your typical domainer as I usually develop the domain/website before I sell it.

.... Sometimes even the guy with a broom can be the one pulling the strings.

•••
Sometimes. But 99% of the time, the new ones that come in here pounding their chests of their better domain knowledge :rolleyes:, throwing out insults and berating the others here, are basically loud mouth morons that think a broom is something old women with long hair ride on.

•••
BTW I have to disagree with you on this one because join date doesnt mean crap. I may also be new to this forum but that doesnt mean anything.

For example I made my first domain investment back in 1999 when I paid $500 for a geo domain that I still have in my portfolio and since then I bought and sold quite a few domains. I also paid XX,XXX for at least 10 premium domains I wanted for my portfolio/projects.

On the other hand, I'm not your typical domainer as I usually develop the domain/website before I sell it.

I was referring to him and not to everyone, that's why I quoted his message in my message.

I did my research before making that comment (i.e. join date, comments, portfolio, etc...) But since you mention it, I would trust/respect the opinion of any seasoned domainer on this forum over any new blood that comes on here talking like they know everything about domaining with a join date of this year.

•••
This bashing is all very enlightening, but do you think we could get back on topic, talking about the release of the .domains gtld and about .domains domains. Otherwise this thread will deteriorate out of existence. Which I personally would not appreciate. There is definitely a place for this thread on this forum. So. PLEASE can we get back on topic?

•••
i think the only aftermarket is domainer to domainer which means hard to get a good sale ??

•••
I agree. And. Although most of the great domains have been held back by the Registry, there are still some domains to be had here, provided you are going to add a website to it. I personally have bought my few domains for myself and not for speculation or resale. A few have been defensive registrations because I don't want another domainer cybersquatting on what I consider to be my turf (ie stu.domains) :)

•••
Second Life is generic: Can simply mean to give things a second life as in recycle.

There are many trademarks for apple, shop, search, etc.... that doesn't mean those trademark holders get all those domains!

More importantly... the trademark holder you mentioned had their chance during the sunrise period and gave up their right by knowingly passing.

Man, you are making me look bad.
You dont have a clue, and refuse to learn.

When I sent you those NP$ I quoted Jeffs sig...
Be Cool - Be Polite - Be Professional

You have been none of the above.

Sorry Mods & Mems, I read this one wrong.

Peace,
Cy

•••
Man, you are making me look bad.
You dont have a clue, and refuse to learn.

When I sent you those NP$ I quoted Jeffs sig...
Be Cool - Be Polite - Be Professional

You have been none of the above.

Sorry Mods & Mems, I read this one wrong.

Peace,
Cy

Just remember: one is rarely wrong when one is kind to someone.

You just never know when something will click with someone.

Keep the faith, Cyberian.

:xf.love: B-) :imho:

•••
•••
•••
great thread, seems like i missed the boat on the only one i could really use ... let's wait a year and see what happens ;)

is namecheap currently the cheapest to reg .domains?

•••
Was it actually registered or has it been held back by the registry. A lot of the best domains have been held back.

•••
•••
•••
@dee - Personally I don't really like forum(s).domains. I think the words are not the best way around to roll of the tongue. domain.forum(s) would be better. But without a .forum(s) GTLD(s), what can you do? I hope you are going to develop it. Because as others have said, your end-user sale is to another domainer, and they typically only buy at domainer pricing, not retail.

•••
let me guess, forum, was reserved ?

Yep. Reserved….or already gone. Was planning on developing but don't really have the time at mo. Seems like its easily brandable though and easy to remember for what it was intended for. Of course always open to offers undeveloped.

I also got forum(.) diamonds and forums(.) equipment

•••
Yep. Reserved….or already gone. Was planning on developing but don't really have the time at mo. Seems like its easily brandable though and easy to remember for what it was intended for. Of course always open to offers undeveloped.

I also got forum(.) diamonds and forums(.) equipment

Worth noting many of the best forum sites are not using forum in their url, but it can also be said people know what the site is about i suppose, good luck

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back