Domain Empire

Dot .DOMAINS

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RU

I'm out of domaining. ~RusselAccount Closed (Requested)
Impact
Hi,

I thought there should be a thread where users can showcase there newly acquired .domains
Many interesting domains have already been registered. What .domains do you have?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
J.Domains

Just one:

J.Domains​

I really wanted JI.Domains (initials for my company), but all 2-letters in the new gTLDs are registry reserved.

This is definitely a domainer's gTLD.

Last edited:
•••
I reg'd whoislookup.domains & put a quick site up. A quick and easy whois lookup without all the clutter :)

http://whoislookup.domains

•••
I have rocket.domains for my domain names portfolio.

•••
Credibility? Ha, most of you are nefarious trolls with not enough productive work. There are ZERO qualifications to post comments in this forum, so what does credibility matter? Some of you are teens who are in the process of maturing into responsible, productive adults, but many of you won't make it to that point without first going to prison or getting in big trouble somewhere.
There you go, another noobie to the game in here, that is smarter and more informed on domains than those that have been here and in the biz for years. ..whatever. Go on and keep insulting everyone with your condescending insults and superiority attitude. Like those many before you, you'll be back to flipping burgers, where you came from, in no time. Good luck to ya. (You'll need it.)

•••
Second Life is generic: Can simply mean to give things a second life as in recycle.

There are many trademarks for apple, shop, search, etc.... that doesn't mean those trademark holders get all those domains!

More importantly... the trademark holder you mentioned had their chance during the sunrise period and gave up their right by knowingly passing.

Man, you are making me look bad.
You dont have a clue, and refuse to learn.

When I sent you those NP$ I quoted Jeffs sig...
Be Cool - Be Polite - Be Professional

You have been none of the above.

Sorry Mods & Mems, I read this one wrong.

Peace,
Cy

•••
What's the point of a .domains?

Is this the ultimate piss take gTLD where the people sat down and said what's the greatest irony we can find in the new system and after many hours the smart guy in the back row who never says anything matter of factly stated:

"How about a new gTLD that they will register to sell all their new gTLDs?"

And the bright light of smug poured over the room.

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 AM ----------

And what is your 10 years experience in trademarks mean exactly? Because I don't see any of that experience being applied to the domains you buy.

I don't much care. I read the following on his site:

"Completely disassembled motorcycles down to the motor gears, pistons, etc. and successfully reassembled as a child"

Seriously. Anyone who can build children out of bike parts are genius

lewis-tardy-4-L.jpg

•••
I have Quality.Domains to replace Cornerstone.Domains as my domain sales domain name. I almost never brag about my ngtld names, but in this case I feel I have one of the best possible names in this extension.

•••
Thinking about starting some new specialized auction platforms and picked up:

Resell.domains
Aged.domains
LLL.domains
LLLL.domains
NNNN.domains
CVCV.domains

Also picked up
Montetizing.domains
Acquiring.domains
LearnAbout.domains and of course...

Vins.Domains

•••
Most domainers said they weren't going to register any, at least on the blogs.

:)

:talk:

domainers speak with forked tongues

they throw rocks and hide their hands

they say one thing and do another

so never bend over to pick up the soap!

imo....

Last edited:
•••
This bashing is all very enlightening, but do you think we could get back on topic, talking about the release of the .domains gtld and about .domains domains. Otherwise this thread will deteriorate out of existence. Which I personally would not appreciate. There is definitely a place for this thread on this forum. So. PLEASE can we get back on topic?

•••
Sorry Mods & Mems, I read this one wrong.
Maybe not, Cyberian. :)
Everyone has their own learning curve and with domains it might take a renewal or two for someone to move out of the larval domainer phase to being a newbie domainer. He was asking a question on another thread so that's always a good sign.

Regards...jmcc

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

What's the point of a .domains?
A shopfront for the owners of large portfolios? A platform for domain auction houses where people looking for specific types of domains can search particular auctions. The reserved and registry lists of domains might be illuminating. :)

Regards...jmcc

•••
I have a few:

A .domains
Just .domains
Daily .domains
Fancy .domains

I have sold another one at Flippa ( U .domains ). Personally, I REALLY like this domain-domain. I am positive that good ones will sell on the aftermarket in coming years.

•••
I just registered nom.domains. The suggestions suggested domain.guru. So I tried to register it, but it is a reserved name. So why suggest it?

I only paid $23 over at eNom. Not sure if the price was lower because of my platinum reseller account.

Nice thread, btw.

Last edited:
•••
So far a bit over 2K domains have been registered.
Indeed, sounds like a TLD made for domainers.

•••
So far a bit over 2K domains have been registered.
Indeed, sounds like a TLD made for domainers.

That many?

I'm surprised.

Most domainers said they weren't going to register any, at least on the blogs.

But I guess some of us couldn't resist the lure...

I just can't see the overall utility of .domains (even though I have one).

•••
•••
Excellent.Domains for my domain portfolio.

•••
I had to go to a private auction to get it but i am very pleased with it..

unique-domains.png

Opinions welcome

•••
•••
More importantly... the trademark holder you mentioned had their chance during the sunrise period and gave up their right by knowingly passing.
That makes sense, if the TM holders did not secure the domains for their brands and all possible variations in the hundreds of TLDs that already exist, that means they relinquish their TM rights.
Therefore, Second Life, Goto etc are not valid TMs. Thank you very much for your insight.

By the way, my name is Barack Hussain Obama.

•••
Credibility?
You talk about "credibility" and yet you claim that you had been involved in the release of new gTLDs. Were you a member of any ICANN advisory group on new gTLDs? Were you a registrar or involved in the domain name industry? Perhaps you were just involved as a domain name registrant and no different from thousands of others.

It must be galling for those who were involved in the ICANN advisory groups and in the domain name industry at large to see people like you wanting to take credit for their hard work. But then for you it is just marketing and those who actually were involved in the release of the new gTLDs just accept that with good grace. However please don't try taking credit for the work of others - it lessens your credibility.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Credibility? Ha, most of you are nefarious trolls with not enough productive work. There are ZERO qualifications to post comments in this forum, so what does credibility matter? Some of you are teens who are in the process of maturing into responsible, productive adults, but many of you won't make it to that point without first going to prison or getting in big trouble somewhere.

You're domain credibility shows from your join date to this forum (Feb 2014). You're maturity is reflected daily in your posts. Didn't you say that you were leaving and never to return?

•••
.... Sometimes even the guy with a broom can be the one pulling the strings.
Sometimes. But 99% of the time, the new ones that come in here pounding their chests of their better domain knowledge :rolleyes:, throwing out insults and berating the others here, are basically loud mouth morons that think a broom is something old women with long hair ride on.

•••
Good Catch, I think that'll be pretty damn valuable in the future. How much did you pay?

Bought EAP, low $$$ figures.

Premium renewal, under $80.

I thought these 1 L's would be fairly common in the new gTLDs, but, apparently, the registries have now pretty much decided to reserve the upcoming new ones.

We'll see how this shakes out.

Let's just say I was more enthusiastic a month ago about the new G's than I am now and have stopped purchases, at least for now.

At this point, I wouldn't recommend a buying spree, but if you can get a one-letter L for a reasonable price, then it might be worth it, but do consider renewal costs. I think mine are pretty reasonable, but if I had a lot of premiums, I would probably feel differently.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back