Dynadot

Domain Ripped off By WebsiteMax

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Just when you thought that you could trust someone. I want to warn everybody to not deal with WebsiteMax. I agreed on a deal with this person last night on a trade and I gave him my account + domain at Network Solutions. Well what do you know? The guy logs out of MSN and changed all the information. I managed to catch the little kid online today and he ignores me everytime I ask about what is owed to me. O.K. so maybe he is a little busy right? Its been well over 24 hours and now the guy is asking who I am. Ok so he forgot me that quick right? Anyways just a warning. I have been in contact with NetSol and they are aware of the issue. How does one expect to steal a domain and get away with it? Ok even if this is not a hijack attempt, you do not give somebody the run around and act like you do not know what is going on when you have already taken your part of the trade, very unprofessional. Transactions should be done in a timely manner. This issue remains unresolved.

Admin, DNS [email protected]
P.O. Box 720745
Oklahoma City, OK 73172
US 4058127512

Thats the info he changed my domain to and that email is his MSN.

Buyer be ware. 8-X

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
rj, can you please say what you used to reveal that?

•••
Many thanks for the warnings .edu and fellow NP'rs! Thankfully I have avoided doing business with this guy due to his erratic appearances on the forum.

Best that we close ranks and oust such visitors to the forum. I'll stay eagle eyed over this for sure.

Sorry to hear of your bad experiences!

LBM

•••
Originally posted by csmaster2005
rj, can you please say what you used to reveal that?

Silver Membership @ Whois.sc (very helpful as you can see, from RJs' post)

.edu have you contacted the registrar? Sorry if I missed if someone has already mentioned that...

•••
oh.
Hmm, I should get a silver membership :)

•••
Contact the Oklahoma City Police and explain to them you made a transaction/contract over the internet with that person and he refuses to pay/uphold his obligation.

Dont contact him. Contact the Police.

•••
Totally true, you should contact the local police of where he lives and tell them your case. They may take some action on the guy. Freaking fraud or something :)

•••
Originally posted by csmaster2005
oh.
Hmm, I should get a silver membership :)

Maybe we can negotiate a discount for Namepros members? RJ, you're probably in a good position to do this, since you already have a whois.sc paid subscription.

•••
•••
Originally posted by DomainBlasters

:bingo: Good idea armstrong. I'll get in touch with them.

•••
Originally posted by DomainBlasters

.edu have you contacted the registrar? Sorry if I missed if someone has already mentioned that...

As far as I heard, .edu contacted the registrar, but they haven't been helpful at all...
:(

•••
i am sorry to hear this edu heres a few np$ to cheer you up:)

Last edited:
•••
Don't people with no ethics just make you sick?

•••
I know this is an old thread to bring up, but I thought I'd mention the same person in question here has stolen my business name, website design, and logo designed just last week on sitepointforums.com in a logo design contest. DMCA notices of copyright infringement, and trademark infringement notices have been sent, hopefully his host or server provider will shut down his account.

•••
ahh an old reminder.thanks for the warning! sounds like a real nasty guy. i wonder how he thinks he can get away with it. his name will probably be blacklisted everyway soon!

perhaps this should be on a sticky!

or a new section: Namepros MOst wanted list! of conman :o

•••
Sorry to hear he has struck again, Dan. Best of luck recovering your stolen property.

•••
I think the DMCA copyright infringement notices sent to Managed.com (server provider for the web host), Buyers Heaven (the web host) and the individual, all 3 notices carbon copied to the other parties, had an impact. Buyers Heaven suspended the account pretty fast.

•••
Wow, I just saw this thread. WebsiteMax has also ripped off banners2go.com's design and used it on digitalzero.com.

•••
Well - how in the world could this happen ?

FIRST you get paid - THEN you transfer the name. Right ?

Have I missed something in this long conversation ?

susi

•••
what a shame. whats his address? can we find it out? send a "freind" over to clear things up perhaps.

•••
You can trace his fax number, 405-722-0537, using www.switchboard.com
This is the data you get:

Myers, Steve-Childre T
12008 Sylvester Dr
Oklahoma City, OK 73162-1021

•••
well, does anyone live near there thats willing to back up one of our own (and countless others apparently)?

Wouldnt take much but a knock on his door and some strong words letting him know the next visit wont be as kind.

•••
LeeRyder said:
well, does anyone live near there thats willing to back up one of our own (and countless others apparently)?

Wouldnt take much but a knock on his door and some strong words letting him know the next visit wont be as kind.
:lol: That's a great idea, btw ask for "Derek" if you go to that house, not "Steve" because that's his father.

•••
Wow, just when you think you can trust people things go wrong. But that really is ridicolous, ripping and things like that. What has this world come too! :bah:

•••
LeeRyder said:

Threatening violence probably isn't the best solution to this problem and I know Namepros doesn't endorse such actions at any time....

•••
Nobody threatened violence. They only asked for help in implying a threat of future violence.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back