IT.COM

discuss Domain Name Outbound Myth-Busting - Secrets / Tips?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kartikahuja

Established Member
Impact
I'm into cold emailing for the past 4 something years and have closed sales for high 5 figures in a yearly contract.
Right now, I want to do outbound sales for Geo Domains or those 2-3 word domains that have good CPC; what do you suggest?
Let's make this thread valuable to everyone?
One of my biggest tips - people say do personalized salutation like hi {{first.name}}; I say instead of that - do personalized lines. I do that at scale with cold-emailing software such as Mailshake and Lemlist (personally tested over 20 cold emailing software).
What is your tip for selling domains via Outbound?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I say build rapport with the possible enduser during outbound campaigns.

Close your emails with an open ended questions.

•••
I'm into cold emailing for the past 4 something years and have closed sales for high 5 figures in a yearly contract.
Right now, I want to do outbound sales for Geo Domains or those 2-3 word domains that have good CPC; what do you suggest?
Let's make this thread valuable to everyone?
One of my biggest tips - people say do personalized salutation like hi {{first.name}}; I say instead of that - do personalized lines. I do that at scale with cold-emailing software such as Mailshake and Lemlist (personally tested over 20 cold emailing software).
What is your tip for selling domains via Outbound?

Any examples of personalized lines?

•••
Fastest way to make 5 fig commission in a week is to broker premium names and use outbound.

Outbound is something almost nobody masters because it requires volume and spending 12 hours a day of very serious repetitive work.

People look for excuses and give up.

If you happen to be of that small percent of people that could do outbound, don't waste your time with small names. Go after the biggest names and go all in.

Many domainers with premiums will work out a commission out with you 15-30% (make sure you protect yourself).

Some tips:

First thing is to make sure you comply with all laws.

1. Remember, you cannot get money from people who don't have it

2. You will get almost no replies even if you contact 20k people and it's all inboxed and they read it. When you do get a reply it will be either a autoresponder or something asking to be removed from the list.

3. You will start coming up with excuses like the price is too high, the name isn't good etc. In most cases it means you did not contact enough people.

4. If you cannot use linkedin you have a major disadvantage

5. If you don't maintain several email accounts and do things careful nobody will get your emails, this tedious process alone is enough to get most people to stop outbound.

6. Do not use your own domain to email

7. In the email you must talk about how this transaction is done to protect them (escrow etc)

8. Include a phone number

9. Do not talk like a scammer. People that have money gets very angry when you do that. Don't compliment, don't wish them well, don't thank them for their time, just don't sound like a scammer. Be very direct and confident.

10. Include your linkedin contact and make sure your page has a photo and you have 200+ connections and complete bio

11. Show 10 examples of premium domain sales and their prices. The examples should all be of names that sold for 5 times or more your asking price but should fit your name. If you are promoting a two word keyword domain don't use the price of 20.com in your email.

12. Make sure to contact at least 1000 vc's, they buy names or know people working on ideas that do. In those emails include a list of at least 15 names for sale

13. Include the price

14. Do not promote brandable names

15. If it has a high search volume and ppc include that

I would spend a lot more time on this but I know it's a waste because the chances of someone that will actually do this right is zero.

•••
•••
well written :)

Fastest way to make 5 fig commission in a week is to broker premium names and use outbound.

Outbound is something almost nobody masters because it requires volume and spending 12 hours a day of very serious repetitive work.

People look for excuses and give up.

If you happen to be of that small percent of people that could do outbound, don't waste your time with small names. Go after the biggest names and go all in.

Many domainers with premiums will work out a commission out with you 15-30% (make sure you protect yourself).

Some tips:

First thing is to make sure you comply with all laws.

1. Remember, you cannot get money from people who don't have it

2. You will get almost no replies even if you contact 20k people and it's all inboxed and they read it. When you do get a reply it will be either a autoresponder or something asking to be removed from the list.

3. You will start coming up with excuses like the price is too high, the name isn't good etc. In most cases it means you did not contact enough people.

4. If you cannot use linkedin you have a major disadvantage

5. If you don't maintain several email accounts and do things careful nobody will get your emails, this tedious process alone is enough to get most people to stop outbound.

6. Do not use your own domain to email

7. In the email you must talk about how this transaction is done to protect them (escrow etc)

8. Include a phone number

9. Do not talk like a scammer. People that have money gets very angry when you do that. Don't compliment, don't wish them well, don't thank them for their time, just don't sound like a scammer. Be very direct and confident.

10. Include your linkedin contact and make sure your page has a photo and you have 200+ connections and complete bio

11. Show 10 examples of premium domain sales and their prices. The examples should all be of names that sold for 5 times or more your asking price but should fit your name. If you are promoting a two word keyword domain don't use the price of 20.com in your email.

12. Make sure to contact at least 1000 vc's, they buy names or know people working on ideas that do. In those emails include a list of at least 15 names for sale

13. Include the price

14. Do not promote brandable names

15. If it has a high search volume and ppc include that

I would spend a lot more time on this but I know it's a waste because the chances of someone that will actually do this right is zero.

•••
Hello

Not an expert or very knowledgeable about domaining, but some following doubts always seem to arise related to outbound marketing.

There are following two types of Clients for selling Domains:
If we take for example: Architect Profession, Design Consultant or a Gift Shop

1) A Business which already has a Website to whom we are trying to sell [Small Medium or Large sized Business entity]

This category of Business size may or may not need a Domain name as they already have a website. But if they need one what price should be quoted keeping in mind their Business turnover.

2) An Individual who is doing a Business without a website.
This second category person runs a business by making cold calls, works on assignment basis or Freelancing but has extensive social media presence with only an email id. He too may or may not need a Domain Name. But if he needs one what price should be quoted keeping in mind his Business size.

How to approach these two category of people via outbound marketing especially those who already have a Proper Website of their Business.

Thank You.

•••
1) A Business which already has a Website to whom we are trying to sell [Small Medium or Large sized Business entity]
This category of Business size may or may not need a Domain name as they already have a website. But if they need one what price should be quoted keeping in mind their Business turnover.

SMB's with maybe under 5 employees can be targeted for a price range of low $1xxx or under.

Large sized or corporate entities can be pitched according to the relevant sales data analysed from namebio in my opinon.

2) An Individual who is doing a Business without a website.
This second category person runs a business by making cold calls, works on assignment basis or Freelancing but has extensive social media presence with only an email id. He too may or may not need a Domain Name. But if he needs one what price should be quoted keeping in mind his Business size.

For such, you may probably have to have a strong pitch deck with how/why your domain name can benefit enduser. You will probably have to compile a list of plus points and show it to the possible buyer.

•••
For such, you may probably have to have a strong pitch deck with how/why your domain name can benefit enduser. You will probably have to compile a list of plus points and show it to the possible buyer.
Thank You for your suggestions. Convincing an Established Business for a second Domain Name is very tricky. There is no reply or automated reply or rarely anyone replies like "We have a Domain Name, we don't need any Domain now. Thank you for reaching out". That's it.

•••
Thank You for your suggestions. Convincing an Established Business for a second Domain Name is very tricky. There is no reply or automated reply or rarely anyone replies like "We have a Domain Name, we don't need any Domain now. Thank you for reaching out". That's it.

Your strong rebuttals by highlighting benefits of owning a second domain name might just do the trick there..

•••
•••
Hello,

This is something what I use on my landing page when I do outbound and send potential buyers on my dan landing. Maybe someone would have benefit from this.

👉 How to get more customers just with the right domain? 🤔

👉 I know it’s your next thought. But I already have a domain, I don’t need another one.

👉 Yes, you have a domain, but it's not very good. Do you think big companies would pay millions for domains that only serve to redirect traffic to their main page?

👉 You can check these domains, just type them into a search engine:

Advertising.com ➡️➡️ Yahoo.com

Underwear.com ➡️➡️ CalvinKlein.com

Painting.com ➡️➡️ Sherwin-Williams.com

👉 The domain is a very important factor for SEO but it is also important for giving credibility to a business.

🎯 Example:

You live in Austin and for the first time, you need carpet cleaning. What will you type into a search engine? 🤔

"Carpet Cleaning Austin" right?

👉 If the CarpetCleaningAustin.com site appears somewhere in the results, will you click on it or on, for example, JohnAndSons-Company.com?

🎯 You will click on CarpetCleaningAustin.com although it does not necessarily mean that John-AndSons.com is not a better quality company.

😉 Smart businesses that use a domain in the right way know its value, while some think it is irrelevant.

🔥 First of all, it’s best to do a redirect to your site, and in the future, you can create another website under this domain that will bring you more leads.

👉 You can purchase the domain here(Dan) or on the GoDaddy marketplace. Just type the domain name in the search. The process will not take more than 5-7 mins.

Be fast, your competition also looking at this domain😉

Good luck❤️

•••
thanks for sharing these tips Barton :)

Hello,

This is something what I use on my landing page when I do outbound and send potential buyers on my dan landing. Maybe someone would have benefit from this.

👉 How to get more customers just with the right domain? 🤔

👉 I know it’s your next thought. But I already have a domain, I don’t need another one.

👉 Yes, you have a domain, but it's not very good. Do you think big companies would pay millions for domains that only serve to redirect traffic to their main page?

👉 You can check these domains, just type them into a search engine:

Advertising.com ➡️➡️ Yahoo.com

Underwear.com ➡️➡️ CalvinKlein.com

Painting.com ➡️➡️ Sherwin-Williams.com

👉 The domain is a very important factor for SEO but it is also important for giving credibility to a business.

🎯 Example:

You live in Austin and for the first time, you need carpet cleaning. What will you type into a search engine? 🤔

"Carpet Cleaning Austin" right?

👉 If the CarpetCleaningAustin.com site appears somewhere in the results, will you click on it or on, for example, JohnAndSons-Company.com?

🎯 You will click on CarpetCleaningAustin.com although it does not necessarily mean that John-AndSons.com is not a better quality company.

😉 Smart businesses that use a domain in the right way know its value, while some think it is irrelevant.

🔥 First of all, it’s best to do a redirect to your site, and in the future, you can create another website under this domain that will bring you more leads.

👉 You can purchase the domain here(Dan) or on the GoDaddy marketplace. Just type the domain name in the search. The process will not take more than 5-7 mins.

Be fast, your competition also looking at this domain😉

Good luck❤️

•••
Thanks to everyone who has contributed. Your inputs are acknowledged

•••
Back