IT.COM

question Question about outbound and emailing

NameSilo
Watch

Lord Antares

Top Member
Impact
So, as I understand it, many people like to do outbound and email end-users to buy their domain names.

I've read that ''cold emailing'' is illegal and shouldn't be done like that. Actually, it's not 100% clear to me, some places say it's illegal, some say it's legal but all of them mention some kind of fine.

So would anyone know anything about this? Is this only true for companies? Am I allowed to email random people to buy my domains? What should I look out for?

Thanks.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone? It would be of great help. THanks.

•••
I closed a particular deal last month with outbound, and actually my fastest deal ever( from inquiring if they were interested to receiving the payments) took
a day and half thereabouts.
My point, outbound works but gotta ask yourself is your name worth bothering a complete stranger over. Put yourselves in their shoes. and you should know outbound sometimes is a numbers game.
Anyway, ton of folks here who do outbound and make their money off it, hopefully they'll come around and give you few hints.
Regards

•••
I closed a particular deal last month with outbound, and actually my fastest deal ever( from inquiring if they were interested to receiving the payments) took
a day and half thereabouts.
My point, outbound works but gotta ask yourself is your name worth bothering a complete stranger over. Put yourselves in their shoes. and you should know outbound sometimes is a numbers game.
Anyway, ton of folks here who do outbound and make their money off it, hopefully they'll come around and give you few hints.
Regards

But the point is, I've been acquiring about it and cannot decide if it's legal or illegal. It seems to be illegal but you are unlikely to be bothered unless you spam a lot. I've been asking a lot about it and more people agree that sending unsolicited emails is illegal than legal.

Sounds weird. I'm personally in the EU; it's different for the US. Different sources say that either of those is illegal, while the other isn't.

•••
I have sent out thousands of emails when I was doing outbound. I never had any complaints or anything because the domains were relevant to who I was marketing too. I usually only sent out just one email, there were a few times I’d sent out another email a few months later but I only did that a few times. I am not sure what happened but I was doing great and then all of a sudden sales seemed to get harder and harder. However I am going to look at maybe doing outbound again.

•••
I think if it's "super targeted" it could work much better. For example, I sold a name within minutes of sending a cold email to a company who was using the inferior version of the domain I owned. They didn't even respond, just went straight to the link and hit the BUY IT NOW button and paid immediately.

•••
•••
Back