Dynadot

Domain Appraisal Forum Requirements

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I haven't been here that long, so I apologize if this has been discussed before.

There are a LOT of people here who are damn good at appraising domain names, but there also seems to be a lot of people registering and within 1-2 posts asking for an appraisal.

I'm not saying some of their domains aren't decent and some probably are worth appraising and I appreciate some of the conversation that comes from them, but I feel there should be a post count or a certain amount of days before you can post in that forum (I think this is a better idea, less spamming chances).

I realize you can just ignore the thread and let it die, but it may just seem cleaner and less cluttered if there were some type of requirements that must be met prior to posting.

Just a suggestion. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thank you for bringing this topic up, I feel exactly the same as you. Over the last few months, we've had a bunch of newbie's who just joined the forum to get their domains appraised, and have no other input after that, it's getting annoying, and I personally don't frequent that section anymore....

•••
That is exactly what has been happening.
They sign up and want appraisals by the truckload,
and sadly, half the domains they are asking about, aren't even registered... :|

You should see a difference soon, we have placed a "one new thread per 24 hours" rule
in effect for all the Appraisal forums and we are enforcing it.

Let us know if you see something that needs attention :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back