NameSilo

Appraisal Requests - Lack of Participation

Labeled as discuss in NamePros Community Help, started by Domainer Sid, Mar 8, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. J4wd

J4wd PeerIdeas.com Gold Account

Both :) I hardly ever try and place a value on a domain; at best I offer a range, or an indicator of whether I like it or not. I just don't think anyone can offer more without putting the time in to research.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. J4wd

Keywords in domains haven't impacted SEO for years already.

You can get this from estibot.com. No need to ask for it here.

This is literally the only thing I think domainers can offer here or elsewhere. This is a subjective review at best.

Again something that can be attained from elsewhere. Go to namebio.com and do the research. There's no need to ask for it here when it's so easily and readily available.

This is fine, if we all agree on what 1 means and what 10 means. On my website I added a text description to each (1-5 stars) so it was clear.

3. biggie

biggie GreenFriendly.com VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Hi

i think the quote below, explains the "Why"

and i think the quote below, expresses the "intention" of a leaning environment

as you want them (newbies) to read first, but they are already too frantic from the hype they heard, watched or misread, to be patient.... even before they get here.

still, it depends on the name posted and many times, may depend on "which member" replies to that appraisal thread.... and what "they" say, which in turn, may initiate an opposing or enlightened perspective from another member.

a perfect example is quoted below
    such examples as above, may provide discussion.... not because of the domain that's being appraised, but because the wanna bee gave opinion that was absurd or factually not true.

so others joined in to check his ass

imo...

4. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

If your domain doesn't get an appraisal it likely is not very good.

I respond to appraisals from time to time, but when you try to help you often get push back and know-it-all bad attitudes in response.

Most experienced investors are not going to waste their time.

Unless a domain falls into a liquid pattern, value is too subjective. I think it would be better if people just posted why a domain is good or bad.

It would be nice if NamePros could find a way to incentivize quality appraisals.

Brad

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  5. NickB

NickB it's a mystery VIP

The appraisal section has been discussed a few times, suggestions made and opinions provided to Namepros on this and nothing has changed......

Personally don't think it will change in the near future, I have a hunch the appraisal section does a fine job in luring in potential new members for Namepros through it's domain authority, backlink profile, page ranking etc etc which in turn bring in new membership fees so they have little incentive to change it.....

6. biggie

Hi

a left jab, then a right upper-cut to the jaw... and down goes Frazier!
    your hunch, is same hunch i had, but i wanted somebody else to see it, and say it. :)

but i ain't mad if that's a fact, cuz potentially, it's more bizness for the platform -
    depending on what, "they" bring to the table.

imo...

7. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

It is a good point and thanks for starting the thread. I think currently as you note many names go without responses, and others get responses, sometimes, of questionable helpfulness.

I am hoping that when I do Part 2 of my series on appraisals, which will look at NamePros appraisals and how to make the most of them, it will encourage more to participate and increase worth of appraisals.

Bob

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 11, 2021
  8. Domainer Sid

Domainer Sid Established Member

@Bob Hawkes My pleasure, Sir.

9. Duck_Duck_Domain

Duck_Duck_Domain Established Member

Sir;

you are right, IMO many new comers may not be ready for criticism. But few maybe...and they should not be penalised.

If they are not ready or willing to not accept the fact, actually it's their big mistake or fault and loss too.

As said all fingers are not equal!

Last edited: Mar 8, 2021
  10. Duck_Duck_Domain

Duck_Duck_Domain Established Member

Correction: Willing to accept...

11. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Established Member

@Domainer Sid, the simplest way to appraisal : register a domain and start $10 Auction thread if you got bids your domain is good.

e. g.
    DigitCamera.com - spent $8.49, created $10 auction thread on NamePros , waiting bids, if no bids the domain is reg-fee

DigitalCamera.com worth xx,xxx DigitCamera.com probably reg-fee or not who knows.
    #digital

12. J4wd

Wouldn’t you have to sell it to the winner?

13. ReallyBigIdea.com

ReallyBigIdea.com Established Member

why not i am ok with that. If the domain is really good i wouldn't run $10 Auction.

14. J4wd

That might work if you only sell wholesale, but not if you intend to sell retail.

15. Mary Muse

Mary Muse Restricted (85-100%)

There's RARELY content worthy of a qualified member's time...bottom line.

16. iAdam

iAdam iadam.com Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

The ultimate Appraisal is: the price is what the buyer is willing to pay. This also applies to a crappy domain .com

17. Bravo Mod Team

Bravo Mod Team Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

Not quite; it just means there are a lot of them on NamePros.

Agreed.

We've discussed some creative and exciting ideas for this internally, but they're unfortunately not quick projects. They're on the roadmap, though.

Excited to read this! Perhaps we can add a notice in the appraisal section about it once published. :)

Thanks.

18. Domainer Sid

Domainer Sid Established Member

Looks like we have 3 type of people here:

1. The Real NamePros - Who have been doing this for years and can rate a domain as soon as they see it.

2. The Prepared Newbies - Before starting they read forums/researches/evaluate the value provided by the name, before buying a domain to make a profit.

3. The Upstarters - Who just looks at the glamourous side of domaining, go with the suggestions provided by registrars, buys name without knowing what value that name will provide to end users, gets influenced by tools like GD Appraisals, Estibot etc. and eventually books some useless domains.

I think we have very less people falling in category #2 and have just too many in #3.
    Graduating people from #3 to #2 will help them understand the real essence of the industry and this forum.

19. biggie

Hi

i got a couple of negatives, for replying to this appraisal thread yesterday
    # Please Appraise My Pro Domains - throok.com - NamePros

and it was in the "Insiders Club"!
    which can also be seen as a reflection of it's qualifications to enter.

imo...

20. LoodeX

LoodeX Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

It’s due to me falling off and not being able to place random numbers .. the numbers certainly were geographic

21. Bravo Mod Team

Adding Bob's excellent suggestions to this thread:

Source: https://www.namepros.com/blog/getting-more-out-of-namepros-domain-name-appraisals.1231213/

22. Bravo Mod Team

Adding some more great feedback to this thread:

It's easier for us to keep track of it and come up with solutions when it's all in one place. :)

23. noneisnone

noneisnone 444 VIP Gold Account

@Bravo Mod Team please stop users from bumping appraisal threads from 3 years ago

24. Bravo Mod Team

Bumping their own appraisal threads from 3 years ago, or providing an appraisal for someone who asked 3 years ago?

25. noneisnone

noneisnone 444 VIP Gold Account

providing appraisal on a 3 year old thread with an inactive user perhaps threads with no replies for more than 6months in that section get automatically closed ?

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice