NameSilo

Appraisal Requests - Lack of Participation

Labeled as discuss in NamePros Community Help, started by Domainer Sid, Mar 8, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. Bravo Mod Team

Bravo Mod Team Moderator, NamePros Moderator PRO VIP Gold Account

Perhaps the appraisal could still provide value to other members interested in reading more appraisals on different types of domains?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. noneisnone

noneisnone 444 VIP Gold Account

you got a point but i think new threads deserve more attention than old ones with inactive users.

3. Bob Hawkes

Bob Hawkes Top Member NameTalent VIP Gold Account Trusted Blogger

If the OP is no longer active, there is also the danger that one might be providing an appraisal of a domain name now held by someone else, and they might not welcome an appraisal on a forum.

I would think even 6 months is a lot. I personally would end appraisals after a month or so of no activity, myself. If someone wants to keep the appraisal active, they can simply do something to effectively bump it.

While I agree with @Bravo Mod Team that others might learn generalities from responses, I think it is better to do that with names that we know are still actively seeking appraisals.

Bob

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  4. noneisnone

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  5. Bravo Mod Team

Are you suggesting that we catalog the appraisals by domain extension?

6. iAdam

iAdam iadam.com Gold Account ★★★★★★★★★★

Appraisal requests should expire in a short period of time and deleted.

7. noneisnone

somewhat while still having the section easy to navigate not breaking it down by each extensions more like expiredomains.net filters
    Original gTLDs
    New gTLDs
    Country Code TLDs

8. Bravo Mod Team

The default order of threads in appraisal sections has been updated to show the newest requests first.

This will prevent older requests from taking attention away from newer requests (i.e., older requests won't be able to push newer requests off of the first page) in those sections.

We hope that helps.

9. noneisnone

10. LoodeX

LoodeX Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

I just want to touch on the last “update” ..so it’s not the participation that lacks ? It’s selective appraisals that people wish to reply on / a domain that caught someone’s eye. I’m old school and I liked the format it was in.

11. Bravo Mod Team

12. LoodeX

LoodeX Restricted (15-30%) Gold Account

I understood with the new update its where bumps are no longer available? Meet in half and let the bumps still be available by the Author at least

Addition — I see what you mean ..I suppose that implies my suggestion ..Thanks !

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  13. Bravo Mod Team

That’s a great point because it’s probably not clear to most members how bumps are affected by this change. We’ll try to think of a way to make that clearer to everyone.

For anyone reading this thread, you have two options:
    1. Close the thread and open a new one. There is no limit on how many times you can do this. This is also going to give you the most exposure.
    2. You can still bump the thread the same way that you did before, and it’ll receive more views as a result of New Posts and members sorting the section by Last Post.

We hope that helps.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice