Dynadot

advice Does Estibot or other domain appraisal sites value matters?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Singh Deependra

ValuetopEstablished Member
Impact
I just got involved in domain gig a few months back. I noticed that many seller,s mentioning estibot value of their domains.

My questions is , does this value matters?

Thanks in advance.

Cheers :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
No. Never take the Estibot Valuation too seriously - it's one thing you learn very quickly! Domains are only worth the value someone is willing to pay....

•••
Estibot doesnt necessarily gives you the literal price for any domain. it maybe correct or wrong or close or far. but it gives you a certain idea ( excluding brandable names) provided you understand the mechanism of it which you get only with more experience.

•••
•••
Never use Estibot for domain appraisals, biggest mistake people new to the industry make...it means nothing

•••
Use estibot for the other information that it gives you about the domain name like search stats and other info.

•••
•••
Yes Estibot value matters:-

Untitled-QBg5QDCN.1478743164.jpg

https://www.namepros.com/blog/breaking-the-largest-sale-of-the-year-is-revealed.982569/

Last edited:
•••
I think it an interesting tool, and worth using, but it has major flaws. Just use it as one other factor to help you make choices, and it's probably not one of the most important. One example of its flaws is highlighted in my latest pair of hand regs.

I registered PetroRuble.com together with the popular mis-spelling PetroRouble.com. There are almost 12 million pages listed on Google for the word "rouble", but over 65 million for the correct spelling. However, Google trends shows a massive preference for "rouble" when surfers are searching. I believe that the commercial value of PetroRouble.com is higher than the correct spelling because of these search patterns. However, Estibot values the correctly spelt name at $45, and the incorrect one at $0.

•••
Thanks Everyone for your advise.

•••
Maybe an extreme example but recently posted vivo dot com: Estibot valuation $56,000, sold for ....$2.1m !

•••
I just got involved in domain gig a few months back. I noticed that many seller,s mentioning estibot value of their domains.

My questions is , does this value matters?

Thanks in advance.

Hi

it's good you questioned that:

but also, you "should be noticing" the other "descriptive adjectives" that some sellers use, in an attempt to put pink lipstick on their pigs.

the truest statement that applies to domains is, that they "speak for themselves".

meaning, all you have to do is post it and "tah-dah", er'body recognizes it's value and/or potential.

you don't have to list goog search volume, or say it's quad, triple, or double premium, or include number of backlinks, it's age, what a bot thinks etc, etc. to impress nobody.

that's what a "quality" domain is.

:)

Good Luck!

imo...

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back