Dynadot

discuss GoDaddy vs Estibot vs NameBio

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gomikeright

Impact
I feel like GoDaddy's domain appraisal tool is better than Estibot. Estibot looks at searches of a domains words together, but I think it doesn't take into account the value of the keywords individually. I know GoDaddy's tool is free and Estibot costs money after a few appraisals, but that doesn't automatically make it better.

I think it makes sense for GoDaddy to separate the words and recognize their value individually. Also I think NameBio has better comparable sales than Estibot. It seems like Estibot finds the worst comparable sales it can for a domain compared to GoDaddy and NameBio. GoDaddy's comparable sales are more average. What do you think?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
For individual single non-liquid domains you can't rely on any of them. They each do have their uses, and I'm actually a happy paid subscriber of @estibot.com, but I'd never rely on it to price a specific domains .. not GoDaddy's appraisal either.

•••
The value of a domain is what buyer/end user is willing to pay.

Period.

•••

Period.

Doesn't it also depend on who is doing the selling and where it's being sold? The same domain name that will sell on Godaddy for $x,xxx will sell on Namepros for $xx. GoDaddy has a feature that can kill sales. It shows the estimated value under the premium names for sale. I wish they would stop doing that.

•••
Yes.

I would not expect big ticket sales here in NP, as most are resellers. But you can have some publicity for the name, which is not a bad thing.

•••
I feel like GoDaddy's domain appraisal tool is better than Estibot. Estibot looks at searches of a domains words together, but I think it doesn't take into account the value of the keywords individually. I know GoDaddy's tool is free and Estibot costs money after a few appraisals, but that doesn't automatically make it better.

I think it makes sense for GoDaddy to separate the words and recognize their value individually. Also I think NameBio has better comparable sales than Estibot. It seems like Estibot finds the worst comparable sales it can for a domain compared to GoDaddy and NameBio. GoDaddy's comparable sales are more average. What do you think?

Both GD and Estibot appraisal tools are worthless.
NameBio is good to check comparable sales. Even this isn't accurate because many sales end up with winning bidder fails to make payment but NameBio still records it without verification of every individual sale.

•••
Yes.

I would not expect big ticket sales here in NP, as most are resellers. But you can have some publicity for the name, which is not a bad thing.

How would one capitalize on such publicity? What if a Google search turns up low-ball offers for your premium name...how does that give you leverage?

•••

Period.

Never mind, but I totally disagree with your statement.

It's the total opposite in actual. The domain is worth what the domain owner is willing to sell it for. There are plenty of buyers who're interested in buying domain but the seller rejects the highest received offer which doesn't mean that highest offer was the actual value of that domain.

The domain owner have to understand the value of it's domain and set price accordingly. How can someone else dictate or set the value of my domain!

•••

It's the total opposite in actual. The domain is worth what the domain owner is willing to sell it for. There are plenty of buyers who're interested in buying domain but the seller rejects the highest received offer which doesn't mean that highest offer was the actual value of that domain.

The domain owner have to understand the value of it's domain and set price accordingly. How can someone else dictate or set the value of my domain!

If you don't mind my asking, what is your process for pricing your domain names? What factors do you take into account?

•••
•••
Just remember, any Godaddy "govalue" under $2k are garbage. (most 1-2k)

GD is valuable, if over 3k+ some 4k+ range.

The value lies in how you use the tool.

Samer

Last edited:
•••
Higher price but no information so the only influence you want to see is price. I can give a lot more details.

•••
I like the Estibot it's more accurate (google searchers per month, ads, etc) than godaddy.

Chololate.com - Estibot value $4,100. Godaddy is not good for brandables - says Estimated Value: $574 👎

•••
I don't think any bot can rate a brand.

•••
I like the Estibot it's more accurate (google searchers per month, ads, etc) than godaddy.

Chololate.com - Estibot value $4,100. Godaddy is not good for brandables - says Estimated Value: $574 👎

Easiest way spot new; if use GD to justify ask.
GD; has most $1K+ out of all the appraisals.

Samer

Last edited:
•••

Disagreement is OK and needed. It spurs conversation.

Domain value is subjective, just like art. But with some objective parameters like dictionary words, length, extension etc. I don't believe it can ever be 100% objective.

The domain is worth what the domain owner is willing to sell it for.

From the sellers viewpoint, that is true.

Other side of this coin is that domain is worth what buyer is willing to pay. It is implied that there is negotiation involved and an understanding is reached.

Otherwise seller will have to hold long term, just like any other asset.

Will you sell your 1 week old 90K Tesla for 3K, unless the world is collapsing? So the current market circumstances matter in pricing.

Last edited:
•••
Disagreement is OK and needed. It spurs conversation.

Domain value is subjective, just like art. But with some objective parameters like dictionary words, length, extension etc. I don't believe it can ever be 100% objective.

The domain is worth what the domain owner is willing to sell it for.

From the sellers viewpoint, that is true.

Other side of this coin is that domain is worth what buyer is willing to pay. It is implied that there is negotiation involved and an understanding is reached.

Otherwise seller will have to hold long term, just like any other asset.

Will you sell your 1 week old 90K Tesla for 3K, unless the world is collapsing? So the current market circumstances matter in pricing.

You can't compare a Tesla or anything in this world with a domain. It's the uniqueness of domain which increases the value unlike everything else which is common and easily available.

•••
Just remember, any Godaddy "govalue" under $2k are garbage. (most 1-2k)

GD is valuable, if over 3k+ some 4k+ range.

The value lies in how you use the tool.

Samer

A lot of my domains fall within that price range. When I buy a domain for reg fee and sell it within 6 months to a year for $1k+, I'm happy with that. :xf.smile:

I have some geo-targeted domains that appraise for between $1k - $2k. I may not sell any of them for about 3+ years because those areas are still sparsely populated. I know what development is coming up in that area within the next 3-5 years and how it will affect businesses. I am happy holding these 'garbage' domains till then.

•••

There is nothing accurate about both appraisals. Chocolate.com for 4K. Really?

I don't use appraisal tools. Comparable sales is better in my opinion but not 100% seeing as no two names are equal.

•••

double post

•••
There is nothing accurate about both appraisals. Chocolate.com for 4K. Really?

I don't use appraisal tools. Comparable sales is better in my opinion but not 100% seeing as no two names are equal.
Chocolate.com is worth millions. I have Chololate.com

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I had an offer this week (2 for 2 domains) for a domain that was hand registered in January 2020. The domain name is Vodka.Direct which is valued at €1887 by GD. I feel that this is a good name and can't think of many better vodka domains other than vodka.com. The offer received was for €35 which was rejected. I countered this offer of a minimum of €500 with some wiggle room built in. This was after all a €50 hand reg.

I was told in no uncertain terms that the domain name scored zero on backlinks, seo, referring domains and domain strength and was therefore worth practically nothing and that the price is was quoting was totally unrealistic.

However, out of my entire portfolio this was the one that the offer was made on and the person making the offer was prepared to make a 35 x value offer on it.

Now, I'm a newbie still wearing learner plates and I can't see what I did wrong. I would have negotiated further if pushed and probably would have allowed it to be sold for €300. This would have given me a good ROI and left some meat on the bone for the offeree.

What would your strategy have been in my position and what should I have done differently?

I'd appreciate any feedback as I happen to believe that appraisal tools are more valuable to end users than they are to us domainers and although they are a guide only there must be some merit to them and maybe we can't see the wood for the trees and we are passing up a selling tool that is free to use.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
I had an offer this week (2 for 2 domains) for a domain that was hand registered in January 2020. The domain name is Vodka.Direct which is valued at €1887 by GD. I feel that this is a good name and can't think of many better vodka domains other than vodka.com. The offer received was for €35 which was rejected. I countered this offer of a minimum of €500 with some wiggle room built in. This was after all a €50 hand reg.

I was told in no uncertain terms that the domain name scored zero on backlinks, seo, referring domains and domain strength and was therefore worth practically nothing and that the price is was quoting was totally unrealistic.

However, out of my entire portfolio this was the one that the offer was made on and the person making the offer was prepared to make a 35 x value offer on it.

Now, I'm a newbie still wearing learner plates and I can't see what I did wrong. I would have negotiated further if pushed and probably would have allowed it to be sold for €300. This would have given me a good ROI and left some meat on the bone for the offeree.

What would your strategy have been in my position and what should I have done differently?

I'd appreciate any feedback as I happen to believe that appraisal tools are more valuable to end users than they are to us domainers and although they are a guide only there must be some merit to them and maybe we can't see the wood for the trees and we are passing up a selling tool that is free to use.

Regards,

Reddstagg

The fact that you received an offer after only ~2 months since registering the domain is a very good sign. I would have countered with €1,000. That buyer wanted to pay less than your reg. fee - ridiculous.

I think this is a moderately valuable name, despite .direct not being particularly popular. Chances are that you'll get more (and better) offers this year.

Good luck.

•••
Back