NameSilo

discuss Do you monitor the daily domain sales? It may help you sell

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I happened to speak to one of the Domainers who made an interesting sale.

He said that he had a habit of scanning through the domain name sales that took place across different marketplaces. One day, he found the sale of a domain name that was similar to a domain that he owned.
The sale price was around $1,500.
Struck upon an idea, he decided to contact the buyer of that domain name. On contacting him, he discovered that the buyer was interested. As a result, they negotiated and closed a sale.
After that, he says, he has tried this several number of times. He made 4 successful sales out of this.
Not bad!

Do you guys monitor the sales that take place daily?
I think it is a great way to self appraise your domain name and see what keywords are selling at what prices.
It also happens that variants of some of the domains that are sold, are available.
For example, BuyMyHouse.com sold for a hefty price. It may happen that domains such as BuyMyBungalow.com, BuyMyFlat.com, BuyMyCar.com etc. are available at the time of the sale.
This may help you make good use of the opportunity and buy similar names that sell.
That is my take on this.

What do you think of this? Any views are welcome!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a good idea but quite old in the world of business, many companies are born out of this copycat model. :)
Lot of people (domainers) do that here as well, trying to piggyback their satellites (domains) on a good rocket (buyer), that's why some don't reveal the actual name while reporting a sale in the sales thread.

•••
Its not about "copycat-ing", its about doing what they do but only better.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back