Dynadot

Do you guys get this spam e-mail about an offer to buy your domain name?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

brandnow

Selling hotcakesTop Member
Impact
I've been getting basically this same e-mail for every domain that I have registered over the last few months.. it started only a few months ago

To: me
Subject: Offer to purchase <your domain>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2015 13:58:03 -0700
Message-ID: <[email protected]>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
X-Mailer: Microsoft CDO for Windows 2000
Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message
Importance: normal
Priority: normal
X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft MimeOLE V6.0.6002.18463

Hello!

I represent an investor from Belgium. He needs <your domain> for his new project. The project wil be launched in October.

My client would be prepared to pay a sum between $5000 and US$20,000 to secure this domain name.

Time is of the essence as he needs to secure the domain name as soon as possible, so his Corporate Communications department can prepare the relevant logos and letterheads.

I am available to discuss this transaction at your earliest convenience. I look forward to your reply.

If you have more domain names for sale, please email me the list. I may help you to find buyers for them.

Regards,

Martin Berkens

Domain Lawyer

Sudquaistrasse 14

CH-4057 Basel

Switzerland

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unfortunately, a well known and very common appraisal scam.

•••
old emails..

i marked as spam,so it goes right place ;)

•••
Haven't seen that exact one.
I'm assuming it's an appraisal scam, but I haven't seen one of those in quite awhile.

I like how he writes himself up as a lawyer named Berkens

•••
I only get those for domains I have reg'd at GoDaddy for some reason. I have never gotten any for domains reg'd at Namecheap or elsewere.

•••
All noobies must go through these kind of emails as a passage rite. There are no exceptions. If you haven't received one just yet, it means your regged domains are so bad, that even the bots are avoiding you like the plague. That means your future in domaining, is close to zero.

•••
I get these all the time

Just DELETE

•••
If you haven't received one just yet, it means your regged domains are so bad, that even the bots are avoiding you like the plague. That means your future in domaining, is close to zero.
If prefer to think that the antispam is working fine ;)

•••
All noobies must go through these kind of emails as a passage rite. There are no exceptions. If you haven't received one just yet, it means your regged domains are so bad, that even the bots are avoiding you like the plague. That means your future in domaining, is close to zero.

I LOLed

•••
Well known appraisal scam if you respond they will want some kind of blahblah appraisal and trademark-free certificate (that you need to buy at ... well of course their website :) ).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back