Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And I can confirm, support from Nelson is really GREAT.

•••
And I can confirm, support from Nelson is really GREAT.

We have built quite a team in Portugal , and I must say we are having some success recruiting some passionate and capable talent there who are doing great things with great heart. They not only support the product but are engaged enthusiastically in translating feedback into product improvement. The Portuguese team is a direct result of our 2019 acquisition of Sibyl Systems, and the team has grown from there.

•••
Please add VISA and Crypto logos...

2021-03-25-171836_253x164_scrot.png

•••
When I park my Epik domains by adding them to Marketplace with enabled parking checkbox - your system sets the same IP address 88.x.x.96 for root/www/catchall...
But when parking via Premium parking interface - it sets 88.x.x.96 for catchall and 45.x.x.115 for root/www.

Please use the only one and proper IP scheme...
I don't understand why they are different.

Last edited:
•••
Just tested one of my BIN domains parked on Epik...
Clicked BuyNow... And I see additional ~$35 above my fixed price for its renewal...
But my Epik domain still has ~3 months prior Expiration...
I don't understand such "hidden" practice and have never seen it elsewhere.

Last edited:
•••
I think Epik should hire a new techie
I have url forwarding issues with some domains dns not applied
RentalForLess.com
TropicalForest.org
HORO-SCOPE.COM just forwards to epik.com instead of my website.

etc

Last edited:
•••
When I park my Epik domains by adding them to Marketplace with enabled parking checkbox - your system sets the same IP address 88.x.x.96 for root/www/catchall...
But when parking via Premium parking interface - it sets 88.x.x.96 for catchall and 45.x.x.115 for root/www.

Please use the only one and proper IP scheme...
I don't understand why they are different.

On Sunday, a new data center location was added to the Epik network -- this one in Europe. This adds more redundancy and also more resiliency for everyone. There was a brief replication issue on newly added domain forwards as the new databases came into replication. It resolved itself a short while later. It only impacted new forwards during the replication synch. Sorry about that!

•••
I think Epik should hire a new techie
I have url forwarding issues with some domains dns not applied
RentalForLess.com
TropicalForest.org
HORO-SCOPE.COM just forwards to epik.com instead of my website.

etc
HORO-SCOPE.COM solved
RentalForLess.com solved

TropicalForest.org still not fixed. url forwarding not applied
Whatisonyourmind.com url forwarding not applies

Last edited:
•••
HORO-SCOPE.COM solved
RentalForLess.com solved

TropicalForest.org still not fixed. url forwarding not applied
Whatisonyourmind.com url forwarding not applies

Remember, this is not your personal support thread.

The forwarding works fine.

Clear browser cache, or change your DNS provider. Ours is free, private and good:

https://anonymize.com/secure-dns/

•••
Last edited:
•••
now it works. I am using Epik dns on default nameservers.

The name servers I mean here are for your DNS resolver. Many people use Google;s 8.8.8.8.

This is Epik's version:

https://anonymize.com/secure-dns

It also supports OpenNIC and other emerging TLDs like Epik's AltZone.

DNS Server 1

DNS Server 2

DNS Server 3

Perhaps though most useful is that it is fast and private.

•••
One more test from me...
Wire transfer is NOT offered as payment method...

2021-04-18-170837_904x856_scrot.png

Last edited:
•••
It's that time of year again. ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) annually requires that all accredited registrars (like Epik) ask their domain administrators/registrants to review domain name contact data and make any changes necessary to ensure accuracy. According to our records, you are the ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT on the domain name registered at Epik...

Please don't send these email reminders per each domain, consolidate them...

•••
It's that time of year again. ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) annually requires that all accredited registrars (like Epik) ask their domain administrators/registrants to review domain name contact data and make any changes necessary to ensure accuracy. According to our records, you are the ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT on the domain name registered at Epik...

Please don't send these email reminders per each domain, consolidate them...
I've been asking for several years. Sadly it hasn't happened yet.

•••
Still getting hits on my google analytics for names sold at nameliquidate like 8 months ago. We discussed this in direct message rob, in january. I will regurgitate that dm, i want my analytics removed from names i dont own. Not sure if i am violating google terms of service by having my code on a domain i dont own.
rob said ->Sometimes when people push domains they want the settings not to be stripped. Apparently we'll need to make this more granular so you can turn features off in domain push.

This wasnt a push, settings should be stripped automatically upon change of ownership

•••
4. Nonexclusive License.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, (a) Google grants You a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable license to install, copy and use the GAMC and/or SDKs solely as necessary for You to use the Service on Your Properties or Third Party's Properties;

I dont want to piss google off, get my code off following names
420Madness.com
CbdFruities.com
Hempinfuser.com
SafariHemp.com
JungleProxy.com

Also my background pictures are still in use, except hempinfuser, I put a lot of effort into my landers, gave it a shot, got my reg fee back and more issues.

•••
4. Nonexclusive License.
Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, (a) Google grants You a limited, revocable, non-exclusive, non-sublicensable license to install, copy and use the GAMC and/or SDKs solely as necessary for You to use the Service on Your Properties or Third Party's Properties;

I dont want to piss google off, get my code off following names
420Madness.com
CbdFruities.com
Hempinfuser.com
SafariHemp.com
JungleProxy.com

Also my background pictures are still in use, except hempinfuser, I put a lot of effort into my landers, gave it a shot, got my reg fee back and more issues.
Hey there,
Could you please PM me your Google Analytics tag so we can remove it off of those domains?
Also - you mentioned these domains suffered from an ownership change but not via push - were they sold through our Marketplace/Nameliquidate? Just trying to gather more details so our engineering team can dig into this.

One more test from me...
Wire transfer is NOT offered as payment method...

Show attachment 188127

This seems to be specifically with your account:
y1xXOlT.png

This may happen due to a variety of reasons, but I'm happy to clarify if you can shoot me your email via PM.

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
The name liquidate listing sales and payout process is great. What takes on other platforms 5 minutes to completes takes 10 seconds on name liquidate.

•••
The name liquidate listing sales and payout process is great. What takes on other platforms 5 minutes to completes takes 10 seconds on name liquidate.
why not to purchase $10 domains directly from domainers?same push, discount for wholebuys..

•••
@ncabete
It is NOT specific to my account.
I just visited one of my parked domains on Epik as GUEST and clicked BuyNow, and went to checkout...
NO wire transfer (as displayed on my screenshot above).

Last edited:
•••
UPD
Wire transfer was added after my chat with Raj.

Last edited:
•••
I'm happy to clarify if you can shoot me your email via PM.

Thank you!
Nelson, the same email from was recently asked to remove Estibot idiotism.

•••
Hey there,
Could you please PM me your Google Analytics tag so we can remove it off of those domains?
Also - you mentioned these domains suffered from an ownership change but not via push - were they sold through our Marketplace/Nameliquidate? Just trying to gather more details so our engineering team can dig into this.

This seems to be specifically with your account:
y1xXOlT.png

This may happen due to a variety of reasons, but I'm happy to clarify if you can shoot me your email via PM.

Thank you!
Thank you, pm sent shortly.

•••
@ncabete
It is NOT specific to my account.
I just visited one of my parked domains on Epik as GUEST and clicked BuyNow, and went to checkout...
NO wire transfer as displayed on my screenshot above.

Wire Transfer is generally only available for $500+ payments, and some accounts may have it disabled.

Glad Raj got it all sorted for you :)

•••
Wire Transfer is generally only available for $500+ payments, and some accounts may have it disabled.

Glad Raj got it all sorted for you :)
My test was per domain with $1,818 BuyNow.
Just as potential non-registered buyer (enduser).
And Raj confirmed lack of Wire for external buyers at all, then added it.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back