Dynadot

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

dande

Premium DomainsTop Member
Impact
I think Epik is building the best ever Domain Lander in the history of domaining, and it really needs to be talked about extensively. That's why I am creating this discussion thread. A lot of thought process really goes into the project. And I can see (for the first time) a landing page that is built from the stand point of domainers rather than for just the marketplace itself.

Everything you have ever dreamt of getting or seeing in a professional landing page can be found in the new Epik marketplace landing page design.

Some of my Favorites Features:

1. The ability to optimize your "domain for sale" landing page to actually rank on Google, displaying your sales pitch/domain description. I just did that with few of my generic domain names such as ASAP.TV, targeting certain keywords, and they are showing pretty well on Google. That's a huge plus in my marketing effort.

2. Being able to change background image is another huge one for me. If you are good with pictures and images, you will surely find this very useful. I did that with Nagasaki.org and the result was truly amazing, showing the city of Nagasaki right at the background.

There are too many positive features and I don't want to mention all of them, all alone :xf.grin::xf.grin:

So I am leaving you guys to share and discuss what you loves most or dislike about the new Epik marketplace and the landing pages.

The only negative for me is the checkout process. There are too many terms and conditions buttons to tick before checking out. It will be nice if they can streamline those into one beautiful big button :xf.cool:

They also need to place the checkout button directly under the payment options. Right now it is awkwardly place somewhere below at the sidebar, which I don't find cool at all.

Sales experience is also welcomed in this discussion. I haven't had any sells so far at Epik because I started using the marketplace just recently, but the future is looking so bright.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I can confirm @ncabete has removed my google analytics from the domains in question. In 2 minutes. TY
I tried to rectify this issue with chat last year, tried to fix in DM with rob, sorry to make this public.
@ncabete has forwarded the issue to tech team so i am sure it wont happen again in future.

•••
For me BIN model works only on Sedo...
And never (as of today) on Epik and DAN.
Just feedback.

•••
•••
Thoughts on why that is?...
I think, primary factor - credibility...
From the buyer's pov - no fears/doubts to proceed on Sedo...

•••
•••
I purchased a domain from Epik marketplace 5 days ago but the seller hasn't transferred the domain yet.
The problem is when I contacted support about this someone told me to provide the auth code for this domain 😅
So what should I do now?

•••
I purchased a domain from Epik marketplace 5 days ago but the seller hasn't transferred the domain yet.
The problem is when I contacted support about this someone told me to provide the auth code for this domain 😅
So what should I do now?

Can you send me the details via PM please? I'll look into this asap.

•••
So what should I do now?

8 days and no updates from Epik.

•••
Hello,

What is MLS?How to change the marketplace category? all domains in mls
Screenshot_20210428-163415.png
How to change the category to" Bargain "?
Epik is a great registrar.
Thank you

Last edited:
•••
This MLS category acts as filter for Sedo inventory.

•••
This MLS category acts as filter for Sedo inventory.
strange i have no sedo account.

no option how to change the listing category to Epik marketplace or Bargain section. if you know the answer please to share i appreciate it.

•••
It is not for you.
It is for all distributed Sedo domains.

•••
Recheck Sedo...
Very probably that domain already exists there by the previous registrant.

•••
Recheck Sedo...
Very probably that domain already exists there by the previous registrant.
i thought Sedo deleted all expired domains from their marketplace platform. If not its not ok because i should checking around 250 domains :/ Thanks for the info.

•••
The same obsolete listings can be on DAN, Afternic, Uniregistry.
Too many lazy registrants nowadays, that's why.

•••
Suggesting to include Paxum as an additional payout / withdrawal option please.

•••
So what should I do now?

It has been more than 10 days and no update or even replies to my emails

•••
It has been more than 10 days and no update or even replies to my emails

Hey dido90,

We've had some exchanges in DMs during these 10 days, so saying that there haven't been updates is not a fair statement.

Last Monday I shared to you that the domain would be delivered that day because we were finally able to get in touch with the seller, but he/she became unresponsive and we're waiting on this.

Please understand that Epik is not the registrar of the domain you bought so the process is not automatic. Since naturally it's the seller/owner that controls the domain, we're unable to do more.

Either way, the seller is not paid until the domain is in your ownership and if the sale needs to be cancelled you're protected and will be refunded in full.

I've provided you my company email and we're talking in DMs, so we'd appreciate it if you didn't make this thread your personal support thread and spread false statements of non responsiveness on our part, and understand that the nature of the situation and the problem can only be resolved through the exercise of patience.

•••
Many sellers even list the domains which are not under their ownership (dropped and then registered again by others), they just upload their outdated bulk lists...

•••
Hey dido90,

We've had some exchanges in DMs during these 10 days, so saying that there haven't been updates is not a fair statement.

Last Monday I shared to you that the domain would be delivered that day because we were finally able to get in touch with the seller, but he/she became unresponsive and we're waiting on this.

Please understand that Epik is not the registrar of the domain you bought so the process is not automatic. Since naturally it's the seller/owner that controls the domain, we're unable to do more.

Either way, the seller is not paid until the domain is in your ownership and if the sale needs to be cancelled you're protected and will be refunded in full.

I've provided you my company email and we're talking in DMs, so we'd appreciate it if you didn't make this thread your personal support thread and spread false statements of non responsiveness on our part, and understand that the nature of the situation and the problem can only be resolved through the exercise of patience.
Hi Jaime, please check your email.
Thank you for your help.

•••
It's that time of year again. ICANN (the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers) annually requires that all accredited registrars (like Epik) ask their domain administrators/registrants to review domain name contact data and make any changes necessary to ensure accuracy. According to our records, you are the ADMINISTRATIVE CONTACT on the domain name registered at Epik...

Please don't send these email reminders per each domain, consolidate them...

I've been asking for several years. Sadly it hasn't happened yet.
I just created one more filter and Google deletes these emails from their whois@ automatically...

•••
I've been a happy Epik customer for awhile now but something unfortunately has changed.

I started to became frustrated and unhappy with the performance while managing my domains. The load times were super slow and it was almost no longer usable. Each page refresh was taking 30 seconds.

I'm definitely not normally a complainer and I thought Epik would solve this problem soon so why post anything about it. But today it was getting worse and I just had enough.

As I was thinking about what to write, it hit me like a ton of bricks...

The reason it was becoming super slow was that I now have OVER 1000 domains in my account and I selected to view ALL of them - Duh! No wonder it was super slow ha.

So I changed the view to 10 and sure enough bam the new list zipped into view before I could blink.

I should have known better because this is what I've been doing for a living the last 30ish years. I'm a web developer and deal with performance issues all the time. So oops :)

For me, this is just a great reminder to not judge something before first looking at ALL the pieces.

And I'm still a happy Epik customer :)

Last edited:
•••
.in/.co.in domain searching some confusion ....
Can change colour (not available Domain).
20210526_171435.jpg

•••
I've been a happy Epik customer for awhile now but something unfortunately has changed.

I started to became frustrated and unhappy with the performance while managing my domains. The load times were super slow and it was almost no longer usable. Each page refresh was taking 30 seconds.

I'm definitely not normally a complainer and I thought Epik would solve this problem soon so why post anything about it. But today it was getting worse and I just had enough.

As I was thinking about what to write, it hit me like a ton of bricks...

The reason it was becoming super slow was that I now have OVER 1000 domains in my account and I selected to view ALL of them - Duh! No wonder it was super slow ha.

So I changed the view to 10 and sure enough bam the new list zipped into view before I could blink.

I should have known better because this is what I've been doing for a living the last 30ish years. I'm a web developer and deal with performance issues all the time. So oops :)

For me, this is just a great reminder to not judge something before first looking at ALL the pieces.

And I'm still a happy Epik customer :)

Thank you for the kind words! We do hope to deliver better performance and speed for the big portfolios as we improve our services - we know the wait time for loading each page is not exactly desirable, but we want to deliver the updated domain information, which coupled with quantity results in higher wait time.

•••
.in/.co.in domain searching some confusion ....
Can change colour (not available Domain).
Show attachment 191222

Although the transfer mechanism is intended for the .IN domains, the "Domain Available" notice certainly shouldn't be. Thank you for noticing and reporting this, engineers have been notified and we'll fix it as soon as possible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back