IT.COM

Superiority of Epik over Dynadot : Landers

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

topdom

Top Member
Impact
We all know now that Epik is stealing everyone's money,
and Dynadot has no such problems at all.
Dynadot is number 1 at the moment according to most people at NP and I agree.
(But I didn't try all, so maybe others maybe better in one way or another ).

So, although Epik is the worst registrar at the moment (previously it was number 1 and deserved it),
it is still number 1 in one sense: landers.

So let's compare Epik and Dynadot in landers.

1. When a domain is registered at Epik, default landing page has a contact form,
Dynadot has a ppc page without contact form.

2. Epik landers are indexed well, Dynadot landers can't be indexed because there is a captcha.

3. Epik landing page can be turned into for sale, for rent-to-own page, and contact form can still stay there,
negotiations can continue while there is a fixed public price, and domain can be sold for lower private price.
This is good to create various types of pressures, on actual buyers, mid buyers/agents, to make a reasonable sale possible.
("the only bad thing" about this is: commission is too high: 100 percent, and it is not official).
Also, you can do followup, and remain anonymous (?) as seller.
Staying anonymous as seller can be important because of udrp and other reasons. (opposite of sedo)

(In all these aspects above Epik landers are good
(associated marketplace is horrible because commission is undeclared 100 percent),
BUT there is one negative side:
they pretend to be owners when domains are in grace expired period, so for 30+
days they collect inquiries as if they are real owners, via those default landing forms,
plus they add "make offer" option. Offers and messages go to Epik, not to actual owners.
(misrepresentation)
try to sell those domains when in reality they have ZERO
ownership rights, and they grab and sell when they have a chance during extended grace
or maybe even earlier.)

So, except that commission is too high at Epik, Epik is still number 1 for aftermarket selling.
You can register/renew domains with your bank's money (credit card), but you can't do it
with your own money (stolen masterbucks).
Registration/renewal attempts are happily considered as donation, and no service offered in return.
(So can we say, Epik is nonprofit, because they are accepting donations, although this is not public info).

WHY I'M SAYING ALL THESE:

Dynadot should improve its default landing pages.
Must add contact form, instead of stupid ppc pages,
AND,
captcha should be removed, and landing pages should be indexable (at least when domain is listed there).

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dynadot is the best, f the rest.

•••
Or should we park Dynadot domains at Epik? This is allowed, but we can't sell at Epik, and we need to make Epik happy about it as well: such as, by telling them: you can allow us to use your landers, in return, I don't want all of my masterbucks money yet, you can keep half of it for 3 months.
(and they would say: we already have it forever)

I heard of NP landers. Not sure what they are like, but there are two problems without looking at it:
We don't want endusers to be NP members (we=domainers/sellers), and NP doesn't always resolve.
Maybe there is low uptime, or there is some blocker blocking some type of access. For example
ping namepros.com command shows NP is working, but I can't access it as a website quite often.

Last edited:
•••
So let's compare Epik and Dynadot in landers.

1. When a domain is registered at Epik, default landing page has a contact form,
Dynadot has a ppc page without contact form.

2. Epik landers are indexed well, Dynadot landers can't be indexed because there is a captcha.

3. Epik landing page can be turned into for sale, for rent-to-own page, and contact form can still stay there,
negotiations can continue while there is a fixed public price, and domain can be sold for lower private price.
This is good to create various types of pressures, on actual buyers, mid buyers/agents, to make a reasonable sale possible.
("the only bad thing" about this is: commission is too high: 100 percent, and it is not official).
Also, you can do followup, and remain anonymous (?) as seller.
Staying anonymous as seller can be important because of udrp and other reasons. (opposite of sedo)
Thank you, as always, for your informative and thoughtful posting. Hopefully, at a minimum, Dynadot will add a contact form and eliminate the PPC.

•••
Dynadot is evil in UDRP situations. First they surrender our contact info in full, not only the email; and their PPC ads is enough to make us lose, even if we hate and detest those landing pages, and make this clear to everyone. UDRP is evil, and Dynadot is a servant of the d/evil. Also they give our info to big buyers (big domainers/agents) (indirectly), and hide buyer info;
which means another lose-lose game. Dynadot is very bad except that their prices are good. There is a lot of room for improvement, but they do nothing about it, their chat says, make a feature request, and feature request means, I'm typing something but please ignore, because you can. So you can't discuss anything with Dynadot. Need an alternative, at least in landing page /marketplace sense. Dynadot+Epik, two d/evils, can form a great pair if you take good parts of both.

Last edited:
•••
Back