NameSilo

Discuss your Epik Experience!

Located in Domain Marketplace Reviews, started by dande, Jul 24, 2019

Replies:
Views:

1. JLJ

JLJ NameCaesar.com Epik.com Staff

@jmaurya Issue has been fixed - thank you again for your report (y)

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. dido90

dido90 faciebook.com

I think as I said in this topic I had a problem with purchasing a domain from Epik marketplace and we faced some troubles, they deserve an appreciation for their help even If I forgot to say that, especially @JLJ . thank you.

Last edited: May 26, 2021
  3. Jurgen Wolf

Jurgen Wolf Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Please show Renewal fee for Marketplace and Sedo listings of BuyNow domains, like Dynadot/Name.com do.
    And also on your Premium parking landers...

I think, it will improve conversion significantly...
    Even from my own negotiation experience - renewal factor is very important for the buyers.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2021
  4. DirkS

DirkS Dutchman.info VIP

Just a thank you for the great support today. I needed a domain unlocked and transferred that was past the grace period.

They extended it when I reached out through chat and explained the situation and I was able to deliver the domain to my buyer without issues.

Superb support experience on this one!

5. Jurgen Wolf

Nowadays many buyers don't understand these BuyNow prices - they are one-time or yearly.

6. robs01

robs01 Established Member

I just contacted Epik support through my Epik account chat to get NPs pricing on domain backorders. After giving email address and PIN, I was asked to do account verification first... why is that?

I have read a lot here from Epik about high incidence of fraud in escrow (and totally understand trying to prevent it) but is verification really required for backorders?!?!?! I have been with Epik for several months and have 30+ domains there currently, some of which are 20ish years old, so I'm not new to this game despite having a newish account. What's the reason for the ID? I'm not thrilled to be giving out copies of passports or similar.

7. ncabete

ncabete Established Member Epik.com Staff

I'm sorry that you were asked to complete account verification, while that does help a lot when it comes to KYC/AML regulations, it is not required for us to update your pricing group.

I have updated your pricing group to match Namepros Member and will reach out to the agent in question to clarify.

8. robs01

robs01 Established Member

Thank you for that. I had to look up what KYC/AML is though! Know Your Client and Anti Money Laundering. Even in the event of a domain sale I'm happy to wait a week for the funds to become available, if it helps prevent Epik from being stung I can't see an issue with it. I just will not comply any more with this excessive government tyranny where you can't do anything any more without asking for their permission or providing all your data.

Thank you again.

9. BradWilson

BradWilson Upgraded Member Gold Account

Is this a new feature or did I just miss it until now?

This is a GREAT feature!
    [​IMG]

10. sircc

sircc Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

I'm getting this when I try to visit a domain I recently added to my Epik account.

Secure Connection Failed

An error occurred during a connection to xxxxxx. Peer reports it experienced an internal error.

Error code: SSL_ERROR_INTERNAL_ERROR_ALERT

The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified.
    Please contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

11. ncabete

Hello,

If you have recently added it to your account and, assuming you parked it recently as well, it will take some time for the SSL to be issued.

Remember that all parked domains at Epik benefit of BitMitigate's CDN, which has nodes all over the world and the synchronization process between them may take some time. Usually this process does not take more than 30 minutes.

If you can, provide me with the domain name via PM and I'll have a look.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  12. jmaurya

jmaurya Top Contributor VIP

any option, domain search preference permanently fixed.
    some unpopular ( .uno , .game, .site ,.cloud, .tech etc ) extension show first page and dot net show 19 position ..

20210706_233243.jpg

Last edited: Jul 6, 2021
  13. rumevic

rumevic Upgraded Member Blue Account

Thank you to Epik for today's very quick sale and deposit into my bank account. I sold domain via Epik lander/marketplace, a buyer from Germany made offer, I accepted and promptly (within 15 minutes) got message that my domain was purchased and money deposited to my MasterBucks account. When a bit later partially withdrawing money, I did not find Zelle option anymore and thought ACH deposit (into my bank account) would be at least 1-2 day process, but I guess, within less than an hour I saw money available in my bank account. Very satisfied.
    Last ~four months I see sales happening via Epik landing pages/Marketplace (screenshot attached below).
    Thanks Epik Team!:xf.smile:

Attached Files:

14. Jurgen Wolf

@rumevic
    On your screenshot some entries are with checkmark icon.
    What it means?

15. ncabete

When making an offer for a domain at Epik, you receive an email with a link to verify your offer.

If you click on the link, the offer is verified, thus the checkmark is displayed to the seller.

16. Jurgen Wolf

Thanks.
    So some buyers don't click this link...
    I think, you must make it more visible or even mandatory (so offer is not submitted to the seller until confirmed).

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  17. ncabete

I don't think that forcing offers to be confirmed before being submitted to sellers is ideal. Many things can go wrong, e.g. email mistype, email didn't land, etc - we don't want to add stress for potential buyers to submit offers.

This way sellers have the ability to filter by verified/unverified offers, and decide how to act between the two. Plus, not verifying an offer does not always mean the party who submitted it is not legit, as shown by @rumevic's screenshot (congratulations, by the way!).

18. Jurgen Wolf

But very often stress for the sellers...
    Too many fake bids nowadays or even just trolls (with non-existent or emails of other people).

On Bodis confirmation is mandatory (if enabled in Sales settings).
    Please add this option, so each seller will configure it as needed.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2021
  19. Jurgen Wolf

The confirmed email address is required everywhere, especially on trading platforms.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  20. jmaurya

jmaurya Top Contributor VIP

please must verify buyer mail........ heavy spammers active
    fragment_small.png

21. Jurgen Wolf

Fakes, trolls and Estibot are the most annoying things on Epik from my very long experience.

22. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

I took a look at my recent sales and it is about 50/50 verified vs. non verified buyer. We only had one person that kept 'making and offer' without putting a dollar amount in. My own verification process showed the email and person aligned, but it could have been a spoofer attempting to cause another person grief.

Thanks Epik for the transfer deal...been moving quite a few over in preparation for the unnecessary price hike being imposed on us by the internet 'gods'.

23. Jurgen Wolf

We are talking about ALL inquiries/bids.
    Not about the closed sales.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2021
  24. Mister Funsky

Mister Funsky Top Contributor VIP

This is what happens when bouncing between three monitors. Yep, took a look at the page as others show above. I should have said 'took a look at my marketplace offers'. So, for clarification:

'I took a look at my marketplace offers and it is about 50/50 verified vs. non verified buyer.'

25. Jurgen Wolf

For me 80%+ of Epik inquiries are NON-verified.
    Without checkmark icon.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice