IT.COM

Domain sold via Epik.com. Very fast and smooth.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Vir*City.com
Marketplace and parked, landing page at Epik.
Received an offer $3000 via Epik parked landing page, accepted an offer. Domain purchased and funds deposited within 25minuts!
I recommend Epik as very fast, smooth and the best Marketplace and registrar for domainers.
Thanks Rob for great job!

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
And luckily for places like DAN and Epik there are enough people like you.
BIN domain promoted through its landing page: if the sale/push is instant - which is normally the case with registrar-based marketplaces - then the service may be well worth 8% - 10%. As there is no need to spend time with manual pushes, and almost no need for the seller to provide customer support (transaction-related support). Time is money :) Moreover, online payment processing by itself is not free, there are merchant account fees, per-transaction fees, also infrastructure support, PCI compliance etc etc etc. Of course the next step may be to a) open an own registrar b) open own merchant account c) build own domainsales system similar to hugedomains. Imho.

•••

I'm not even talking about what you name their 'brokers', do you really think that somebody will start brokering an xxx-xxxx domain? Never in this life, not at afternic. They have a small amount, of 0.1% of their listed domains that they consider high value, everything else is just listed and when somebody hits 'buy now', they charge 20% and you receive your money after you start begging them or start threatening them. So no, for the extra 2-5% leads, which 90% will back down, no it's not worth it. But you can still use them and believe they are the best of the best.

😂 😂 😂 😂 at the bolded! I don't have the patience for that kind of crap. Unless, of course, it is an xx,xxx sale.

•••
What I can not understand is your fixation with afternic/godaddy.

Perhaps look at the site he promotes on his signature? Some folks still like to work with basic html and hex colors, nothing wrong with that. But some still prefer the snail approach to business. Wait three days to confirm payment, wait another 7 days for payout, then have to call a phantom number to fix the wire instructions, and finally waiting another 14 days for the wire to return and be resent.

Afterall, you shouldn't wonder why Oscar the grouch was in such a bad mood all the time! Some context... (
)

•••
•••
We may consider anything Epik staff has to say on the epik subject - but keep in mind that all these newly hired Epik people are desperate to prove their value for a long distance paycheck.

If you want instant BIN on your own landing page just engage escrow.com API integration. Anyway, if you want to keep thinking that paying anyone 9% for a landing page affects your domain exposure, you might as well start working for a guy who thinks the Earth is flat and that we never went to the Moon.

Then again if someone offered me a paycheck to be a long distance cheerleader I’d probably take it too.

Last edited:
•••
•••
If you want instant BIN on your own landing page just engage escrow.com API integration
.... and exclude ~2 dozens of countries from potential buyers audience (countries no more served by escrow dot com), saying nothing about other issues "eligible" customers are now (after freelancer .com acquisition) experiencing :( Not to forget about extra time to manually deliver the domain and make them start inspection period...
you might as well start working for a guy who thinks the Earth is flat and that we never went to the Moon
Imho, one may or may not share somebodys personal views on Earth or Moon related issues, but such opinions - even if known - should not necessary form the basis for the registrar or marketplace selection... And even for the employer selection for those who wish, and, most importantly, can afford it (not being too busy with own businesses, be it domaining or anything else).
a guy who thinks the Earth is flat
Xynames .com is regged with Dynadot. What if the CEO of Dynadot secretly thinks that the Earth is flat, but did not yet tell anybody? Will you leave Dynadot should such an opinion become public? ;)

Last edited:
•••
We may consider anything Epik staff has to say on the epik subject - but keep in mind that all these newly hired Epik people are desperate to prove their value for a long distance paycheck.

Then again if someone offered me a paycheck to be a long distance cheerleader I’d probably take it too.

When it comes down to it, we focus on improving ourselves and the products we put out for you before jumping to conclusions or issuing harsh and baseless critiques. It is a fact that Epik vastly outperforms the monopolies in domaining, has actively heard the feedback from the community, and implemented dramatic changes into the end products. It is also a fact that you have not taken the time to improve your site since 2002. Why are you wasting such precious time when there is so much work to be done?

Perhaps this is why nobody is offering you a paycheck to do what you seemingly like to do for a living? I built a massive portfolio before coming to Epik, do you think Rob needs me to prove my value to him? Consider your stance and remember who is bringing the value and who is taking it away.

I will clarify, you take away from the discussion while the rest of us are earnestly working towards a better future. Focus on yourself, how can you improve 1% today? Maybe in 100 days you can achieve a dramatic shift in your life and stop being such a grouch, Oscar. I have been in the trashcan too, but with some hard work and self analysis, you can get out too.

•••
Jumping to conclusions would be saying that my site hasn’t changed since 2002. Taken a look at WayBack machine lately? My site didn’t exist in its present form until a few years ago. My domaining business has been around since 2002, and my landing pages, including prior versions that had no html to speak of, no Contact Us form, not even a hyperlink for the email address, have sold millions of dollars in domains. Buying into the fallacy that paying 9% for a landing page will get you more domain exposure is what I assume salesmen like you hope people will buy into.

You do share one thing in common with your boss (no, I hope not disbelieving in the Moon landings, or thinking that the Earth is flat, not those things).

Last edited:
•••
Buying into the fallacy that paying 9% for a landing page will get you more domain exposure is what I assume salesmen like you hope people will buy into.

You do share one thing in common with your boss (no, I hope not disbelieving in the Moon landings, or thinking that the Earth is flat, not those things).

A landing page does not give additional exposure. Anyone who thinks it does is a baby domainer. A great landing page will very likely give assurance to the visitor that they are in safe hands should they decide to purchase the domain. The option to pay for the domain via many methods as available with the likes of Epik & DAN also helps.

The earth IS Flat! 😂 Some people said they have been to the moon; I have never been. ☺ ☺

Happy New year in advance! ☺ ☺

•••
A landing page does not give additional exposure.
To some extend, it does. One should not expect any extra traffic, SEO or anything, with one exception. Endusers may type the domain name right in their browsers "homepage", which is many cases is google or msn. They will then perform a search. The search engine will show them the results, with the domain in question normally being the 1st result. Enduser will then click on it and arrive to their desired website. Strange? Yes. But I saw a number of non-techie users doing exactly rhis. They see no difference between address bar and search engine input... So it better to have a landing page with a minimal seo, such as a header stating "domain for sale" etc.

The earth IS Flat
Indeed ;) The solid proof is... flat earth map. Can be found on United Nations logo! Shouldn't we trust United Nations, a serious origanization?

Last edited:
•••
A payout was since processed via Transferwise to Kyrgyzstan per seller's request. However, funds were immediately usable from the moment the transaction was completed. No wire fee was charged.
so did he received the cash in 25min ? or the inside-platform-currency ?

•••
so did he received the cash in 25min ? or the inside-platform-currency ?
Transferwise is external to Epik.
Sending funds via this platform is quite fast in general.
I assume the transaction was completed within 25 minutes, and so funds were deposited into his bank account, no waiting time.

Gube

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back